What Year are YOU in in KSP?

AlamoVampire

Okay, here is the question: In Kerbal Space Program what is your current in game clock at in your primary save file? Does not matter if it is Career mode or Sand Box, which ever one is your primary variant you hang out in most.

Mine? Sand Box Mode and it is at a nice: 11 years 132 days 11 hours and 50 seconds.

I've never really run any one file longer than about 10 years. That said, if you added up the cumulative time that's lapsed across all KSP save files I've run, you'd come up with something truly ludicrous. As in, easily in the neighborhood of a century.

I've never really run any one file longer than about 10 years. That said, if you added up the cumulative time that's lapsed across all KSP save files I've run, you'd come up with something truly ludicrous. As in, easily in the neighborhood of a century.

I am speechless! Though now, I wonder what a player like Scott Manley has in terms of how many years his save file has, or all of them, since the one with his reusable space program corrupted on him...

Current save (restarted for 0.22, I think) Year 3, day 7. Orbital stations:

Kerbin *2 (did have a third, beyond Minmus' orbit, but the Kraken fused all the docking ports together, so I deorbited it)

Mün

Duna

Laythe (with 3 planes docked there)

Bases:

Mün

Minmus

Landed on:

Mün

Minmus

Duna

Gilly

Moho

Laythe

Missions in transit:

Laythe (resupply & station extension)

Eeloo (land and return)

Tylo (land (I hope), return to Laythe station)

Missions waiting in LKO for launch windows:

Duna (station resupply and extend)

Jool (Outer moon explorer, to be based at Laythe station)

Laythe (delivery of 2 new planes - a design I've been testing/honing at Kerbin and am now really pleased with)

Turns out I like Laythe.

Mine's in year 9, though I just fast forwarded there from somewhere in year 3. In year 1, I'd launched probes to every single planet and moon, but stayed at home and set up bases on Minmus and Mun, and was setting up a LKO refueler station. That was all easily within the first 6 months of the first year. Probably the first 2 or 3 months. Then when 0.23 came out I brought everybody home, wiped my science and research out to 0 across the board, fast forwarded to do each mission to get the science I could from all of those probes (almost 900, if you're curious, mostly goo and jr's but a couple barometers too. It's all I'd unlocked) and started on the tree again with that boost.

tl;dr: It's complicated. :)

I'm still on year 1 on my sandbox and Career modes. This is because I haven't had any interplanetary missions yet, though one may be on the horizon. I'm thinking about Duna! :D

Duna is a lot of fun. One of my favorite planets.

Year 1 day 276, I think. I just know I'm 8 days from a Jool launch window (think that's day 284). This is only my second game (started in 0.22, transitioned to 0.23), and I've been running it in semi-hard mode (FAR, KIDS, DRE, RT2, Kethane). I've got landers on Mun, Minmus, and I've got my first Duna mission on return trajectory. I am about to launch my first Jool mission (grand tour orbitally assembled mother ship with ion probes, Kethane miner/lander, and RAPIER powered Laythe / other moon science lander). I tend to run missions simultaneously (thanks to Kerbal Alarm Clock), which might be why I'm not even into year 2.

Edited by Soda Popinski

I started anew in .23, it is my 4th year now, just because I am too lazy to stage several flights before I finish one. So my Dune Odyssey stretched for a couple of years while my crew was stranded there picking their nonexitent noses waiting for not one, but two rescue missions (the first one failed). It's all about the transfer windows, see : ? The same about my Eeloo probe, I just let it roll while I was at it. That's how we get to those excessive time spans, right?

Just wanted to post this as something to think about regarding the "multiplayer time sync" thing that the team is working on nowadays. (Ask me, I'd rather have resources and whatever else, rather than this, but... you all heard where this is heading).

It's easy to get long saves when you do long missions & just speed up time for the transfer window/transfer time. I.E. if you fast forward half a year for a Jool transfer, then time warp through the transfer & back, you've got a couple years into the game in an hour. A better question is how many missions/where have you gone in the amount of time you've used up.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.