[1.8-1.9] Modular Fuel Tanks v5.13.1

taniwha

15 hours ago, taniwha said:

If someone can demonstrate to me that tweakscale no longer permanently (for that instance of KSP) breaks camera mode switching after reverting a flight, I might be able to tolerate the idea of supporting it. (btw, the bug was known when I encountered it, but the blame was being shifted to KSP instead of TS taking responsibility and making sure it worked within the constraints imposed by KSP).

EDIT: after testing, the bug still exist but only when i scale the root part. i was able to scale the other parts without the bug happening, 

an easy fix was to just add a part that isn't tweakscaled and set that as the new root. 
but as long as it's not the root part being scaled at the time of reverting to launch it does not create an issue.

but once the bug happens it still needs a restart

Edited by Grease1991

ok I am getting a bit lost here...  there is a part in KSP that does not have any tank of any sort in it.   I want to make a MM patch that will add liquid fuel, and options for other types to this part, and have tweakscale be compatible so as the part gets bigger more fuel will be in it.

can anybody show me how to make this MM patch.  I have tried a few different things from reading the various MM patches I can find that do similar stuff but so far it is not working.  Just so you know the part I am trying to add fuel to is the sea plane floats in the SXT mod by LacklusterLabs.

On 13.3.2016 at 10:21 AM, taniwha said:

If someone can demonstrate to me that tweakscale no longer permanently (for that instance of KSP) breaks camera mode switching after reverting a flight, I might be able to tolerate the idea of supporting it. (btw, the bug was known when I encountered it, but the blame was being shifted to KSP instead of TS taking responsibility and making sure it worked within the constraints imposed by KSP).

KSP still breaks camera mode switching when the root part is scaled, and the bug can still be reproduced without TweakScale (via the "rescaleFactor" config value). Following one of the last devnotes, the issue should be fixed in KSP1.1. Honestly, I ran out of ideas how to code around it, as did my predecessor more than a year ago.

SSTU mod recently changed to LH2 for their upper stage engines, and so I added LqdHydrogen to the default MFT tank setting using the following MM config:

@TANK_DEFINITION[Default]:NEEDS[modularFuelTanks]
{
    TANK
    {
        name = LqdHydrogen
        amount = 0.0
        maxAmount = 0.0
    }
}

However, I am now finding my LH2 tanks boiling off their contents. The boil-off only occurs with MFT tanks. Is there any way to turn the boil-off off?:P

On 2016年3月26日 at 10:01 AM, taniwha said:

I have no idea. That stuff is supposed to be RF-only.

[edit]Check the resource definition for "vsp", I guess.

Thanks! I appreciate your help. I created a MM patch to remove the hsp and vsp lines from the CRP definition for LqdHydrogen.

• 4 weeks later...

BTW, a point of note: the reason for lack of tweakscale support is very different from before: in theory, it should not be necessary (though I may have to make modifications, but they would be general, not specific to tweakscale).

I've noticed an instance in which MFT isn't playing nice with another mod. Having MFT installed appears to partially break the B9 Procedural Wings mod. Specifically, when having MFT installed the fixed wing from B9 Procedural Wings is unable to be edited. I tested this with only B9 Procedural Wings, MM, and MFT installed, and it is repeatable. I'm running x64. Here is my log file. Thank you for your hard work in keeping this mod updated! It is one of my must haves.  Seems to be a problem with the B9 wings. 

I also wanted to detail an issue with MFT and Procedural Parts. When these two mods are installed together, MFT makes the tank volume very small. In the Procedural Parts thread there is a link to a github issue report that mentions this:

MFS interpretes volumes broadcast by ProceduralParts in liter, instead of m³ (kL).

I left a comment in 6213cca which points to the error.

I've tested with MFT, MM, and Procedural Parts and I can confirm it's an issue. Here is the log from that test.

Edited by nebuchadnezzar

I don't know if i'm just an idiot, most likely, but I don't seem to be getting the gui for this. I popped it into my gamedate folder like i've always done and no change to the fuel tank gui on any tanks. This was one of my most loved mods pre 1.1. Anyone had this issue and figured out why by chance?

skald: did you remember to install Module Manager?

nebuchadnezzar: thanks. I don't know why I nuked the scaling. In a rush and fatigued, I guess. Always a bad combination.

all: there's a bug where the resource fill buttons breed like rabbits and one moves like an ant if there is any available volume (really bad if there are resource sliders). I am currently working on it.

Edited by taniwha

25 minutes ago, taniwha said:

skald: did you remember to install Module Manager?

nebuchadnezzar: thanks. I don't know why I nuked the scaling. In a rush and fatigued, I guess. Always a bad combination.

all: there's a bug where the resource fill buttons breed like rabbits and one moves like an ant if there is any available volume (really bad if there are resource sliders). I am currently working on it.

Wow, thanks for the crazy fast reply. I have module manager 2.6.22.dll installed.

before i waste more of your time though, i just thought of something. I am running 64bit, i know that's historically been a bear to mod for. I kind of assumed that since it's standard now in 1.1 i was good to go, but should probably have checked before hand if you're supporting it.*tried it with both start up options just in case*

*edit* don't know if this has any relevance but i can change the texture color on the spherodal tank mod you also updated for us. just not fuel types.  

Edited by skald

Sorry to keep bugging you @taniwha, but I have another bug report. When I have MFT 5.7.1 installed, launching or building a craft in the VAB or SPH causes issues.

• When in the SPH, You can create and save craft in the SPH, but you cannot launch from the SPH. You can launch default craft from the Runway, but launching a custom craft crashes the game.  When launching from the SPH, the scene will switch to the runway, but it freezes and neither the terrain or runway is visible (picture). Alt-F4 is required to close KSP. SPH x64 Log  SPH x86 Log
  • When in the VAB, You cannot load or save craft. You can launch default craft from the Launchpad. When launching from the VAB the scene does not change and all menu buttons are grayed out and the rest of the UI is unresponsive (picture). Alt-F4 is required to close KSP. VAB x64 Log  VAB x86 Log

For testing I'm running in x64 and x86 with only MFT and MM installed in addition to the default Squad files. 

On the plus side, the PP volume bug is fixed :) 

Thanks again for all your hard work!

Edited by nebuchadnezzar

@taniwha I haven't tested it but this is the most recent changelog of TweakScale:

v2.2.7.2
* fix scaling of the root part

v2.2.7.1
* update for 1.1
* Workaround for the camera breaking (root part scaling is still broken)
* support for new stock parts
* shrinking science and probe cores makes them more expensive
  (only changed for stock so far)
* update for the OPT v1.8 test release

BTW. I've been using TweakScale for around a year now and never encountered the bug you talked about.

Edited by Patrykz94
Added more info

Patrykz94: yeah, I saw mention of that elsewhere, but it should be irrelevant now as tweakscale support should not be necessary (tweakscale should just send the right message and everything should work).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.