[1.8-1.9] Modular Fuel Tanks v5.13.1

taniwha

On 27/11/2016 at 2:34 AM, Tyko said:

Feature Request - In the UI, could you include an "add a tank" option that actually adds both an LF and OX tank in the correct ratios?

I just took a very brief look at this and remembered that the list of propellants you see is generated, so adding fuel combinations appropriate for attached engines would be not so trivial (doable, though, using the engine info to generate an extra list).

I've release version 5.8.3 of MFT. Just an update to the version check (and some build-process tweaks).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Man. I sure love it when people host on their own server, instead of on kerbalstuff or what have you.

yQesD4Q.png
It's just awesome, downloading things at one fifth of dialup. Waiting hours and hours to play KSP. You know, if you quit CKAN mid-download it can mess all sorts of things up, so you can't just say "screw it, I'll play with the old version" without a great deal of risk.

:D If you'd like some higher speed hosting, I'll give you a gig on one of my 1Gb/s boxes. Shoot me a PM.

Edit: Oops, your server timed out on me, causing an exception in CKAN and all of the updates to revert to the old version.

Just saying, man. If it's just a matter of wanting controllable hosting, I'll give you a full unix account if you want. If it's just a matter of having some kind of hosting at all, why not github or kerbalstuff or spacedock?

Edited by JohnWittle

You know, I could just take the file down. All 35kB of it, downloaded a whopping 135 times this week. Free up some of my precious bandwidth (a measly 10-20MB/s) for other things, like Extraplanetary Launchpads at only 13MB and downloaded merely 1134 times this week. But I won't, because I promised the previous maintainer I would maintain this mod.

Now, on a slightly more helpful note: if CKAN breaks when you interrupt a download, then this is a problem with CKAN, not my choice in servers, because believe you me, there is no guarantee that any server out there will not give you "dial-up speeds" and you will find yourself wanting to abort the download and make do with an older version. That it took a long time to download 35 packets worth of data indicates there was a network problem between your end and mine, and considering I can participate in video chat with several people at once, spread around the world, it's not my end.

As for your offer, considering the troubles kerbalstuff went through, do you really think I would want to entrust anything to a person who offered assistance on the tail end of a slap in the face?

Definite automatically? There's attaching a rocket engine to the tank, opening the PAW, clicking the "remove all tanks" button, then clicking "45% LF 55% O" button, but automation beyond that would be annoying.

Oh, and having a jet or nuke engine will produce a "100% LF" button (hence the tag:).

On 16/01/2017 at 8:53 AM, taniwha said:

Definite automatically? There's attaching a rocket engine to the tank, opening the PAW, clicking the "remove all tanks" button, then clicking "45% LF 55% O" button, but automation beyond that would be annoying.

Oh, and having a jet or nuke engine will produce a "100% LF" button (hence the tag:).

Yeah it doesn't seem to be giving that option of late. When you remove all tanks you don't get the option for fuel mix of the engines fitted to the craft, just the show ui option. 

On 16/1/2017 at 5:53 AM, taniwha said:

I don't know how, but I started seen that button now, was it because it needs the engine attached first?

Tanks sometimes get stuck in mid air upon launch or while flying when the size has been changed through tweakscale and MFT is installed. I uninstalled MFT and this behavior stopped even when tweakscale was still installed, so this leads me to believe that MFT is the problem, but I will post in tweakscale thread as well.

This happens in both 32 and 64bit.

32b Log

https://www.dropbox.com/s/96piq4xoophe2y8/KSP.log?dl=0

64b log

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9te31dxr879f8fm/KSPx64.log?dl=0

I've had the same issue with MFT and the b9 rcs tanks, 

I created a separate install and narrowed it down to those 2 mods B9 and MFTor associated mods(firespitter plugin, B9 Part switch, etc)  the rcs fuel tank will stay in places and it won't budge other than the craft rotating around the center point of the tank. this happens 100  percent of the time. again this only b9 areospace and MFT.

However there is a work around, 
for some reason the bug also prevents the "tank type" to be loaded when you place the rcs tanks, is says *** Not Found *** in it's menu, But if you click the arrow so it says B9 Service Module then when you launch it, it works like it should, 

I can't say anything about tweakscale as I have not tested it in my heavly modded master build (it is installed in that one) but after the work-around above it works just fine for me.

what is the best way to post my log in the test build? 

Unless an exception is occurring within MFT (which is possible), then it will not be MFT causing the problem, even if removing MFT "fixes" the problem (in which case, it will be some interaction between MFT and the culprit mod).

If the problem is caused by an exception, then the logs will indicate the mods at fault: the relevant modules will be listed in the stack trace printed with the exception message.

After plenty of time i have discovered that the root issue is there are parts that call for tank definitions that are not defined in MFT, which was the case with B9 
The RCS tanks (the MT1 and MT4 called for "RCSHighEfficiency" (Blowfish helped me find that) and that does not exist in the tank types in MFT, Changing it to "RCS" which is defined solved the freezing mid air at launch issue for me.

The other tanks that have the same issue is Fuel Tanks Plus where a few call for "Cryogenic" which is also not defined in MFT.
I'm not really sure what to change that to but i hope that this discovery makes things a bit easier to ultimately fix the problem.

Cryogenic should be Default (or is it default?). Cryogenic and RCSHighEfficiency used to be in MFT (many KSP versions ago), but they were dropped as they are RealFuels specific, and B9 was not properly updated.

• 2 months later...

I'm not sure what I did (AFAIK, I didn't do anything), but the tank type slider is no longer showing up on any tanks, stock, mod, procedural, fuselage, etc. I can't find exceptions relating to MFT in the log. Is there anything that might cause this? The tanks UI still shows up, as does the highly pressurized: false note.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.