[1.8-1.9] Modular Fuel Tanks v5.13.1

taniwha

So, I keep getting this error in the log during the part compilation process and I'm not too sure what broke that would be causing it.

It goes something like this:

Exception when attempting to register listener: RealFuels.ModuleFuelTanks, modularFuelTanks, Version=5.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.PartVolumeChanged

ArgumentException: Message argument is null

Any ideas?

So, I keep getting this error in the log during the part compilation process and I'm not too sure what broke that would be causing it.

It goes something like this:

Exception when attempting to register listener: RealFuels.ModuleFuelTanks, modularFuelTanks, Version=5.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.PartVolumeChanged

ArgumentException: Message argument is null

Any ideas?

Don't worry, that's just a check if RealFuels is installed, it does nothing when you're not using RealFuels... probably some deprecated code

I have released version 5.1.1 of MFT. It has been updated for KSP 0.24.2 and KAE 1.7.0 (the result of the work that kept MFT delayed).

I apologize for the the delay and thank allista for his help with an interim build.

hello and thanks for this great mod, I just install the new release of fasa pack, and test it, other awesome mod. but i see there are not suport for some tanks. it contains liquid oxigen + oxidicer and cant change it for nothing.

I do not know if a bad installation on my part, or is there still no settings for this version.

however logically or rather paradoxically, the engines are updated, as they use the new fuel, making it impossible to use the tanks because the fuel may not match.

sorry for my grammar, English is not my native language and I do not have a good knowledge of it.

• 2 weeks later...

I Have a problem changeing fuel of one of my Tanks. I got this exeption:

LOG 19:26:42.589] [VersionTaggedType] found KSPAPIExtensions.PartMessage.KnownPartMarker_1_7_0_0 for KSPAPIExtensions.PartMessage.KnownPartMarker

[LOG 19:26:42.590] [VersionTaggedType] found KSPAPIExtensions.PartMessage.KnownPartMarker_1_7_0_0 for KSPAPIExtensions.PartMessage.KnownPartMarker

[LOG 19:26:42.591] stage count is: 2

[LOG 19:26:59.187] RF GUITanks exception System.ArgumentException: Getting control 2's position in a group with only 2 controls when doing Repaint

Aborting

at UnityEngine.GUILayoutGroup.GetNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.DoGetRect (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.GetRect (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout.DoButton (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout.Button (System.String text, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RealFuels.ModuleFuelTanks.GUITanks () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

btw i am getting that exception like 100 times, kinda spams my log

Got the newest versions of MFT and KAE

Wrong log; that one doesn't say much.

1. Describe the problem

2. Reproduction steps.

3. Cause the problem. Quit KSP (if it hasn't crashed). Upload your entire output log (NOT ksp.log) to dropbox or something.

Windows: KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt OR KSP_win64\KSP_x64_DATA\output_log.txt (depending on which used)

Mac OSX: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log ( Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log )

Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log

I's got a bug with MFT:

1. Place a part (Let's take a Probodobodyne Octo)
  2. Place a few fuel tanks in symmetry (Stratus-V Cylindrified Monopropellant Tank, e.g.)
  3. Right-click one fuel tank.
  4. Click 'Show Tank GUI'.
  5. Click away from the new window, and note that it does not appear.
  6. Right-click each of the fuel tanks to dismiss each of the windows that have appeared.

TL;DR: Showing tank GUI for a tank placed in symmetry shows a window for each tank in the same symmetry group.

Does anyone know how to add more tank definitions with module manager? I tried:

@TANK_DEFINITION
{
name = xxx
basemass = xxx * volume
TANK
{
name = xxx
amount = full
maxAmount = x%
}
}

But it doesn't work.

I'm trying to add modular life support tanks to Porkjet's habitat pack but the mass of the life support tank seems to override the mass of the part itself. Trying to get around it by making a new tank definition for each part with a high base mass but if there's a more streamlined way I'm all ears.

EDIT: Nevermind! Didn't realize you could plop down Tank Definition configs anywhere you want.

Edited by The Pink Ranger

Has anyone written a config file for Nertea's Near Future Technologies parts at all? Just wondering, before I teach myself what code I need to learn to do it myself :P

EDIT: More specifically, the ability to add Argon or Liquid Hydrogen to stock tanks using MFT.

Edited by PaladinVito

Has anyone written a config file for Nertea's Near Future Technologies parts at all? Just wondering, before I teach myself what code I need to learn to do it myself :P

EDIT: More specifically, the ability to add Argon or Liquid Hydrogen to stock tanks using MFT.

I'm looking at doing this myself if no one else does. If all you want to do is add Hydrogen and Argon to stock MFT Tanks, you just need a new TANK definition for Hydrogen and Argon. Would require some calculations to find out the exact values, but it shouldn't be too difficult.. Not needed if only adding tank definitions.

EDIT: And done. Put this anywhere in your GameData (it's a ModuleManager patch), but preferably in GameData/NearFuturePropulsion/Patches to keep everything neat.

Edited by microsoftenator

I'm looking at doing this myself if no one else does. If all you want to do is add Hydrogen and Argon to stock MFT Tanks, you just need a new TANK definition for Hydrogen and Argon. Would require some calculations to find out the exact values, but it shouldn't be too difficult.. Not needed if only adding tank definitions.

EDIT: And done. Put this anywhere in your GameData (it's a ModuleManager patch), but preferably in GameData/NearFuturePropulsion/Patches to keep everything neat.

Awesome! Thanks! I actually wrote one as well, although I added a multiplier for the Argon, under the assumption that it would be pressurized. Not sure if it works though, haven't properly tested it :D

EDIT: Reworked the code a little bit to account for Argon pressurization. Dropbox Download

Edited by PaladinVito

Hi and thanks for the useful mod!

I have a little request: is it possible to have the button "Show tank GUI" not only in the VAB but also in flight? My goal is to use the empty space in the tanks to store other resources (like Waste, Water, Karbonite and so on...)...

Thank you for that!

The default behavior of the launch clamps should be to not pump fuel. I've just spent a couple of hours trying to figure out why I can't launch my station segment that contains a couple empty tanks. Turns out they got filled up at launch via the clamps.

I just realized it is probably possible to generate money with this in career mode: launch an empty tank with a launch clamp attached, and recover it when it's full???

It's not really stated anywhere in the OP, and I haven't seen it anywhere else, but I'm noticing that the cost of a part doesn't change even when you change the fuel type. You can swap LOX out for xenon and the cost never changes. At the same time, recovering a vessel with the altered tanks does not recover the additional cost, so at least it's not cheating to make money, but you can save a fortune by swapping xenon into say, an orange tank and then launching that to fill probes forever.

After having a bit of a difficult time with FASA and MFT, I finally decided to take a crack at an MM config. This is my MFT_FASATanks.cfg.

I just completed it so I have no idea if it is balanced.

Anyone who would care to review and comment it is open for editing. (I have a backup copy.)

(P.S. I know there is a config for FASA already I wanted to experiment without looking. I also added modifications for Explorer items.)

Edited by TranceaddicT
Fixed Link

• 3 weeks later...
MFT is next on my list, actually.

I'm sorry, I didn't want to offend you in the slightest! =^_^=

I myself just updated to KSP 0.25 to update the Hangar and found out that MFT does not work. And because my test game depends on it (through TAC LS that adds MFT dependent parts with MM conditionally), I pulled in the latest changes and recompiled. And thought that maybe I'm to the only one facing with the problem.

I have released vertsion 5.2.0 of MFT for KSP 0.25. However...

64-bit Windows is NOT supported due to it being an unstable mess.

Nobody will stop you from modifying it to work, but you will get NO support. Anybody distributing a modified version of MFT (for any reason, actually) must make it prominently clear that it is not MFT as released by me or another MFT/RF maintainer. Also, by releasing a modified version, you agree to accept all responsibility.

Edited by taniwha

Hi Taniwha, updated to MFT 5.2.0 and got a visit from the kraken while launching a basic rocket (reduced the test down to stock parts, one command pod, one tank and one engine).

The engine is about 3x times as powerful as normal, then around 4000m kraken gets in here and everything gets disassembled at speeds exceeding 3000km/s. I reduced the mods to make sure it was the newer version of MFT (i am also using FAR, KJR, MM 2.5.1, AVC and latest Mechjeb).

I looked at the log and no exception stack happens before the kraken...

This on 32 bit 0.25 running in opengl.

(edit) i am running a clean install, and of course i removed the old MFT folder entirely (since i deleted the old install).

Edited by Surefoot

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.