[1.8-1.9] Modular Fuel Tanks v5.13.1

taniwha

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've tried changing the volume of MonoPropellant from 5 to 4 then to 2 in the ResourcesGeneric.cfg file, however it has no effect on the ammount of mono loaded in any tanks. They always load the same amount, just like LF and O. 

Is there some other file I shoudl be looking at?

Edited by Nicky21

Yeah, the tank definitions in MFT's TankTypes.cfg. Unfortunately, MFT is way older than the volume line in resource definitions and thus doesn't support it (and adding support after the fact is... bleh (the code is a tangled mess and I hate working on it)).

I do have an alternative in the works (Modular Storage Container), that I have been using (Diamond Grid supports it, actually) so it works, but the user interface still needs a lot of work and thus has not been officially released yet (you need to build the dll yourself, even*). MSC is designed around the volume line in resource defintions as it is really a volume management mod rather than a resource switching mod. I would say that since MFT's interface is quite simple, I really need only to add "remove all tanks" and add automatic resource proportions based on attached engines.

* Or, you know, ask nicely :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Reporting a bug with version 5.12.1 with KSP 1.6.1. Bug disappears when i remove MFT.
When EVA'ing kerbals they float like they are on rails when you let go of the craft. Regardless of whether they are in orbit or on the launch pad.
EVA RCS has no effect but to drain the fuel.

Bug discovered during my streaming anniversary live stream in which a group of us were running a DMP server with mod pack.
Re-downloaded MFT fresh and applied same results.
Don't ask what happened when we EVA'd a kerbal on a rover in motion...

BTW, tested in SP without DMP...

@Comwarrior: You have not provided proof that there even is a problem, let alone that the problem lies with MFT. Logs or it didn't happen.

That said, what you describe makes me suspect an exception during the kerbal EVA process. This makes it improbable that MFT is the cause because 1) MFT does not put its module on kerbals, 2) MFT does not put its module on any crewed parts (not to say that other mods ('eg life support) don't), thus no MFT code being run to throw an exception. Hence, the need for logs.

KSP.log or I am unable to help you. Oh, and the entire log file, not just the part you think relevant (it's not uncommon for earlier errors to cause problems much later on).

Happen to know if there's still an incompatibility with KSTS? This was that mod authors description of the problem last I checked:

On 1/22/2017 at 5:51 PM, -MM- said:

The incompatibility is not conceptual, but as far as I remember the problem was, that Modular Fuel Tanks uses the pre-launch phase of your flight to set up the actual tank configuration. When the craft is created directly in space, as it is done with KSTS, this gets skipped and the tank will have its default-settings. To fix this fix this the guys & gals from Modular Fuel Tanks would probably have to change their init-behavior to also handle vessels which spawn in space. But this is just a guess however.

Not sure if the method has changed since.

@Crimor: the only checks for prelaunch in MFT are in the ullage and engine config modules, and MFT does not use those (RF does).

MFT does all its tank configuration in either OnLoad or OnStart (with a couple extras for the VAB/SPH, a a tiny bit in OnAwake). For reference, PartModule startup, every time in flight, is OnAwake, OnLoad, OnStart, thus these are the correct places to do any configuration.

I use Extraplanetary Launchpads to spawn vessels all the time, most of them with non-default tank configs (via MFT) and I have no trouble with incorrect configs. Also, every time you load a busy save file, you are spawning ships in flight, and MFT continues to work well. Thus, I need a lot more details as to what's going on in order to be of any help.

• 3 weeks later...

@taniwha Thanks for checking, I replaced the that dll with the one from http://taniwha.org/~bill/ModularFuelTanks_v5.12.1.zip

In the meantime, I found a bug, in Squad_structural.cfg only the old rocketNoseCone is defined, the new rocketNoseCone_v2 is missing.
I assume it's safe to duplicate the respective section there and change the name?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.