[1.8-1.9] Modular Fuel Tanks v5.13.1

taniwha

@taniwha - are you not supporting CKAN or are they just having problems?  Noted that this and EPL are showing 1.2 on the forums, but not on CKAN.  Is this a "wait a while for it to show up" or is this a "I don't put my mods on CKAN anymore and you should download them by hand" ?  I'm ok with either, I just need to know so I know what to do :)

I have never put my mods on CKAN, someone else did, so I guess it's just wait for it to show up if you don't feel like doing it by hand.

[edit] That said, if CKAN is relying on .version files, that might explain EL. I've just uploaded EL.version, so...

Edited by taniwha

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2016 at 1:58 AM, taniwha said:

I have never put my mods on CKAN, someone else did, so I guess it's just wait for it to show up if you don't feel like doing it by hand.

[edit] That said, if CKAN is relying on .version files, that might explain EL. I've just uploaded EL.version, so...

That doesn't upset you at all? 

On 10/16/2016 at 9:28 AM, OddFunction said:

Is it normal for some stock tanks to have no 'remove all tanks' button? I can edit other tanks, but not the stock one (except jet fuseladge).

I researched more into this. It's the "Porkjet overhaul pack" parts that do not have editable tanks. This is more noticeable to me, because I use a MM config to hide the stock equivalents of Porkjets Overhaul Pack. That means that all my 'stock' tanks that show up in the editor are actually Porkjets version, which I'm assuming, is missing yet another MM config to make these parts editable?  

Hope that came out coherently.

Edited by OddFunction

4 hours ago, OddFunction said:

That doesn't upset you at all? 

Not at all. That's how Free Software works. Most of my mods are GPL or LGPL, and those that aren't are because I inherited them with a different license. Even people coming to me with problems caused by CKAN doesn't upset me so long as they accept that I am unable to help them when the problem is out of my hands (there are times when I can give some advice).

It would actually be rather hypocritical of me to get upset as I use Debian, which is a large part of the basis of CKAN's model (along with CPAN, but perl gives me hives worse than Windows does).

55 minutes ago, taniwha said:

Not at all. That's how Free Software works. Most of my mods are GPL or LGPL, and those that aren't are because I inherited them with a different license. Even people coming to me with problems caused by CKAN doesn't upset me so long as they accept that I am unable to help them when the problem is out of my hands (there are times when I can give some advice).

It would actually be rather hypocritical of me to get upset as I use Debian, which is a large part of the basis of CKAN's model (along with CPAN, but perl gives me hives worse than Windows does).

The bolded would be the biggest thing I wondered about. But it seems as though you're a pretty chill individual. That's refreshing!

1 hour ago, taniwha said:

Ah, yes, I guess I need to install his overhaul (just never got around to it) and generate some configs for them.

Sounds wonderful. No hurry at all though, of course, as we have plenty of workarounds with the already available tanks. Jet Fuel tanks I've found to be particularly useful for just about everything.  

In any case thanks for being so responsive. The community sure does appreciate it.

• 3 weeks later...

Love this mod! Thanks :)  It's working with Procedural Parts no problem.

Feature Request - In the UI, could you include an "add a tank" option that actually adds both an LF and OX tank in the correct ratios?

Edited by tjt

20 hours ago, tjt said:

Love this mod! Thanks :)  It's working with Procedural Parts no problem.

Feature Request - In the UI, could you include an "add a tank" option that actually adds both an LF and OX tank in the correct ratios?

its already there. well sorta. just hit remove all tanks from the tank and then connect an lfo engine and a new button for the 45/55 lfo ratio will appear. 

5 hours ago, taniwha said:

I think he wants to configure a smaller 45/55 ratio set of tanks than the full capacity. If so, the current way to do that would be to put in the other resources first then use the 45/55 LFO button.

I sometimes add a filler, like xenon, use the 45/55 LFO button, then remove the xenon. It works, but is clunky. It could be useful to have an LFO tank option.

Edited by danfarnsy

12 hours ago, taniwha said:

No argument on the usefulness of such a button. I need to get around to it, though.

wonderful! I was thinking more along the lines of what @danfarnsy said - add a small monopropellant capacity and then fill the rest of the tank with LFO

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.