[1.8-1.9] Modular Fuel Tanks v5.13.1

taniwha

45 minutes ago, TranceaddicT said:

They are different tanks.

fuelTankSmallFlat is a volume = 100 tank

fuelTank is a volume = 400 tank

I'm sorry, my post wasn't clear. Both those tanks are duplicated.

• 2 weeks later...

what is happening here in propellants.cfg?

// Fix engine propellant ratios to be whole numbers. This has no effect on
// engine performance, but it makes MFT produce nice numbers when configuring
// tanks for engines.
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]] {
	@MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]:HAS[@PROPELLANT[LiquidFuel],@PROPELLANT[Oxidizer]] {
		@PROPELLANT[LiquidFuel]:HAS[#ratio[0.9]] {
			@ratio = 9
		}
		@PROPELLANT[Oxidizer]:HAS[#ratio[1.1]] {
			@ratio = 11
		}
		// just in case someone has multi-propellant engines
		@PROPELLANT,*:HAS[~name[LiquidFuel],~name[Oxidizer]] {
			@ratio *= 10
		}
	}
}
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines]] {
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines]:HAS[@PROPELLANT[LiquidFuel],@PROPELLANT[Oxidizer]] {
		@PROPELLANT[LiquidFuel]:HAS[#ratio[0.9]] {
			@ratio = 9
		}
		@PROPELLANT[Oxidizer]:HAS[#ratio[1.1]] {
			@ratio = 11
		}
		// just in case someone has multi-propellant engines
		@PROPELLANT,*:HAS[~name[LiquidFuel],~name[Oxidizer]] {
			@ratio *= 10
		}
	}
}

The ratio is causing the LV-T30 to burn fuel at an unequal rate leaving me with LF/O in the tank. It may not affect engine performance but it is most certainly affecting overall rocket performance. With this patch my engine cuts out at 90km traveling at 2.620km/s. When I remove MFT the rocket (flying the same kOS controlled ascent) burns to 96km traveling at 2.857km/s

Also I'm stumped why this patch is not affecting all engines, which is why I've never noticed this before. The Nova Punch "NP_lfe_125m_K2XEngine" that I usually use is unaffected. Looking in the MM config cache this is what its config contains:

MODULE
		{
			name = ModuleEnginesFX
			PROPELLANT
			{
				name = LiquidFuel
				ratio = 0.9
				DrawGauge = True
			}
			PROPELLANT
			{
				name = Oxidizer
				ratio = 1.1
			}
		}

I did a search to make sure no other patch was modifying the base config file, which also contains the above.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think there might be an issue with MFT and switchable engines, like those in Kerbal Atomics. When one of the KA-modified switchable nuclear engines is attached to my craft in the VAB, the MFT UI closes when a tank is added or removed. Not necessarily a severe or breaking issue (no need to rush to fix), it's easily worked around.

Edited by dlrk

• 6 months later...

Most likely in need of a recompile.

It seems to work in the VAB, however some buttons on the context menu are sometimes doubled, such as Remove All Tanks and Show Tank UI. Nothing major but I haven't tested it extensively.

IjPwRQo.png

• 2 months later...
On 5/27/2021 at 6:18 PM, Krzeszny said:

Most likely in need of a recompile.

It seems to work in the VAB, however some buttons on the context menu are sometimes doubled, such as Remove All Tanks and Show Tank UI. Nothing major but I haven't tested it extensively.

IjPwRQo.png

I am seeing the same thing here on KSP 1.12.2.3167.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/25/2021 at 10:27 AM, DrGonzo94 said:

Hi, love this mod, but is it dead? No update for final KSP version?

In the posts for his other mods, @taniwha mentioned he would get to updating those but didn't know when that would be, so he's probably just busy right now. I'd just give him some time.

In the meantime the mod seems to work in KSP 1.12 aside from some UI issues.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

PSA: with a hex editor, you can get rid of the incompatibility warning that pops up when used with ksp 1.12.x.  I wouldn't normally presume to do this, but the author is, and has been for some time, otherwise engaged, and I think this is permitted by the license (if not, let me know).

When it first starts up, the mod invokes a function called CompatibilityChecker, which compares the current ksp version against some hard-coded values.  It expects the minor version to be no less than 8, and no more than 9 (i.e. ksp v1.8-1.9).  We simply replace the hard coded value for the upper bound.

In modularFuelTanks.dll, at address 0x273, replace 0x09 with 0x0C.

Voila.  No more popup, and the mod continues to works as it has in 1.12.x.

On 2/26/2023 at 4:07 PM, wreckreation said:

PSA: with a hex editor, you can get rid of the incompatibility warning that pops up when used with ksp 1.12.x.  I wouldn't normally presume to do this, but the author is, and has been for some time, otherwise engaged, and I think this is permitted by the license (if not, let me know).

You're only providing information. Shouldn't be a problem. But if it causes any, that's on you to deal with.

(Should be okay though. Probably.)

5 hours ago, Starwaster said:

But if it causes any, that's on you to deal with.

Of course.  

Though I feel I should point out that any misbehavior is far more likely to come from the decision to use a mod on a version of ksp the author has not verified it works on, and that the mod itself explicitly warns against.  :D

Edited by wreckreation

On 3/3/2023 at 4:26 PM, wreckreation said:

Of course.  

Though I feel I should point out that any misbehavior is far more likely to come from the decision to use a mod on a version of ksp the author has not verified it works on, and that the mod itself explicitly warns against.  :D

As far as that goes, it'll work but there were (IIRC) UI bugs due to changes that were made.  Nothing that recompiling from the source wouldn't fix.

• 4 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.