[1.8-1.9] Modular Fuel Tanks v5.13.1

taniwha

I'll check the new release imediatelly. After 1.7.1, something weird started happening. If I click "next fuel tipe", say to change from L+O to LF, the other fuel type will be ADDED instead of changed, doubling the mass. Clicking further will add further ammounts of fuel. 

PS: its happening in other mods too. 'SimpleFuelSwitch' for instance. Its likely a new ksp version change causing issues with mods of this sort.

Edited by Daniel Prates

@VoidSquid: I don't deal with CKAN. I'm not sure who handles MFT on CKAN

@Daniel Prates: You've uncovered a deeper bug in MFT: updating tank contents via the connected engine resource buttons doesn't cause the engineer report to update properly, so thanks. As for tank switching or removing all tanks, for now close the PAW and reopen it.

Edited by taniwha

7 hours ago, taniwha said:

@VoidSquid: I don't deal with CKAN. I'm not sure who handles MFT on CKAN

@Daniel Prates: You've uncovered a deeper bug in MFT: updating tank contents via the connected engine resource buttons doesn't cause the engineer report to update properly, so thanks. As for tank switching or removing all tanks, for now close the PAW and reopen it.

Glad to be of assistance.  

And some people say that new game versions do not break mods! Ha! It is bound to create oddities, since Squad (or T2 or whomever) is bound to make changes here and there, and they do not take into account if it will affect mods or not. I am not saying they should, btw. 

On 4/11/2019 at 8:37 AM, VoidSquid said:

Maybe it's just me, but the CKAN download from today, while stating version 5.12.1, has the modularFuelTanks.dll with version 5.11.0

On 4/12/2019 at 9:26 PM, taniwha said:

@VoidSquid: odd, because @linuxgurugamer got in contact with me about this a few weeks ago and said he had updated CKAN's entry (I do need to update MFT to make ckan updates easier, though). I guess something may have reverted.

He updated the version number in CKAN but not the download URL. Starting clean-up now...

56 minutes ago, Daniel Prates said:

And some people say that new game versions do not break mods! Ha! It is bound to create oddities, since Squad (or T2 or whomever) is bound to make changes here and there, and they do not take into account if it will affect mods or not. I am not saying they should, btw. 

I agree with all but the last sentence.

I am, almost certainly, not the "typical" KSP player, if that concept might make sense at all (I don't think so).
But as many, if not the majority of players, mods did become a core feature for. I wouldn't continue to play - and purchase DLCs - if I'd have to play w/o mods.
Hence, imo, Squad/T2 really should provide the modding community with good and up-to-date documentation, in particular about any changes.

Edited by VoidSquid

2 hours ago, VoidSquid said:

I agree with all but the last sentence.

I am, almost certainly, not the "typical" KSP player, if that concept might make sense at all (I don't think so).
But as many, if not the majority of players, mods did become a core feature for. I wouldn't continue to play - and purchase DLCs - if I'd have to play w/o mods.
Hence, imo, Squad/T2 really should provide the modding community with good and up-to-date documentation, in particular about any changes.

My comment was the "polite" version of how I really feel about it. Deep down I think like you. But time has shown me some things are a waste of time to say in this forum. 

• 2 months later...

My Squad tanks have two tanks in them. I've tried deleting the "Squad_modularfueltanks" cfg, to make sure there isn't a duplicate,  and that gets rid of MFT in the squad tanks completely. What else could cause this?

What do you mean by this I don't understand?

19 minutes ago, dlrk said:

My Squad tanks have two tanks in them

Or maybe you're referring to the search/filter function which brings up the old depreciated parts as well? To be able to differentiate those, I'm using LGG's part info mod 

It seems like everything relating to this mod causes the game to hang for several seconds. Clicking "Show Tank UI" freezes everything, then the UI window appears about 3 seconds later, and after another 4 seconds the game becomes responsive again. Making any changes to the fields in the window then causes similar freezing delays of 3-8 seconds - for example, if I want to enter 16000 units, typing the "1" causes a ~5 second delay, typing the "6" causes a ~5 second delay, etc.  And this is on a hefty desktop, so system resources are not the issue here.

On 8/19/2019 at 12:45 AM, VoidSquid said:

What do you mean by this I don't understand?

Or maybe you're referring to the search/filter function which brings up the old depreciated parts as well? To be able to differentiate those, I'm using LGG's part info mod 

Two tank modules are in each tank

Hey... I'm playing again.  Using MFT, again.  And it seems like it *really* doesn't like the FL-C1000 from Making History (Size1p5_Tank_05).  The little 4 units of solid fuel *really* seems to throw it off.  I'm constantly getting empty solidfuel, the solid fuel storage changed to 540 units (the size of the base LF tank), or even an extra oxidizer or fuel tank added in place of the solid fuel.  it's... vexing, because I love the little things.  No idea what the problemo is.

• 4 weeks later...

Same issue here, my workaround:

comment out the respective lines in Squad_MakingHistory.cfg like this:

//@PART[Size1p5_Tank_05] {
//    MODULE {
//        name = ModuleFuelTanks
//        volume = 1200
//        type = Default
//    }
//
//}

Hi there, @taniwha 

I've been wondering why the fuel tanks from the RLA Reborn mod don't work with Modular Fuel Tanks despite there being a config file RLA_modularFuelTanks.cfg for them. When I checked this config file, I found that the part names simply don't match, and created for testing purposes my own config file for the LfOx tanks:

Spoiler

@PART[RLA_small_LFO_tank0] {
    MODULE {
        name = ModuleFuelTanks
        volume = 15
        type = Default
    }

}

@PART[RLA_small_LFO_tank1] {
    MODULE {
        name = ModuleFuelTanks
        volume = 30
        type = Default
    }

}

@PART[RLA_small_LFO_tank2] {
    MODULE {
        name = ModuleFuelTanks
        volume = 60
        type = Default
    }

}

@PART[RLA_small_LFO_tank3] {
    MODULE {
        name = ModuleFuelTanks
        volume = 120
        type = Default
    }

}

@PART[RLA_small_LFO_tank4] {
    MODULE {
        name = ModuleFuelTanks
        volume = 240
        type = Default
    }

}

If it is not asked too much, can you do me favor and have a look at it and tell me if this is ok or if I missed something here?

Thanks in advance for your time :)

EDIT
Also a question: 

Some tanks have parameters basemass = volume * <some factor>, and/or  volume = <value>, for what tanks are these required, and is it required at all?
Is it only for non-LfOx tanks / parts like nose cones that in stock do not contain any fuel, respectively? What basemass values are for what, I didn't find one consistent value per fuel type?

EDIT2:

Found something odd:
The stock tank adapter "C7 Brand Adapter - 2.5m to 1.25 m"  (adapterSize2-Size1) has a volume of 800u, but the MFT volume of the shorter Rokomax Brand Adapter (largeAdapter) has a volume of 1400.

Edited by VoidSquid

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I seem to have some major problems with this otherwise great mod so I thought I'd seek some advice here..

I needed some further fuel capacity for my space-taxi style SSTO running on HTP and therefore wanted to add some parts from the B9 Aerospace mod. Specifically I wanted to add the shoulder fuselages (B9_Aero_HL_Extension_A/B/C). 

Adding one part usually works fine but from then on I have to be really careful. Copying the added part completely messes things up, it creates a copy instantly halfway into the ground with which I cannot really interact with while also disabling right click menus. Once this happens I have to go out of the SPH to get things working again. If I try to launch the pad, it shows on the runway for 1 sec, then everything vanishes and I only see the skybox. At this point I have to restart KSP because even if going back to the space centre then, all textures are broken.

As said, that happens every time when I try to copy those parts. But even if I add them manually they mostly work for some time (I launch the vessel to test after having added all shoulder parts and it stays at the runway) but when I add other parts to the craft and try to launch again, the skybox thing appears again... This also completely breaks the craft file as even if I remove all parts except the first one (which is stock), I only see the skybox on launch.

Any advice?

And maybe a general question, this is compatible with B9 and Interstellar part switch, correct?

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.