[1.8+] Real Fuels

NathanKell

15 minutes ago, LordOfMinecraft99 said:

Some mods work with both... I just thought maybe this would too. Can't wait!

In general, anything with a plugin isn't going to work (a few exceptions).

I meant to release this for 1.3, but some continuing issues on 1.2.2 (which the RO ecosystem is still firmly on) and various RL stuff have prevented it thus far.

RealFuels v12.2.2 for KSP 1.2.2

• Fix bug in how tank surface area is calculated
  • Fix tank copying when cloning via symmetry
  • Don't delete tanks during loading or part placement
  • Fix patches marked :FINAL
  • Disable part heating due to engine on RF engines, since engine overheat is handled separately and engine heat shouldn't spill to other parts

If you have KSP 1.2.2, do not install v12.2.3 via CKAN.  It is for KSP 1.3 and will not work.  Sorry for the inconvenience, working with the CKAN people to get this sorted.

The metadata is fixed

Edited by blowfish

17 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

Is it correct that propellant stability does not play a role with RF but without RO?

I just recognized that the propellant is stable for a couple of minutes without any acceleration...

It matters with RF stockalike too.  If you have a significant amount of boiloff the propellant will stay stable because it's assumed that the venting will create ullage.

6 hours ago, Canis Dirus Leidy said:

Current version (12.2.3) don't remove (automatically) stock resources from fuel tanks. Just add empty volume:

li8sYoH.png

Tried on clean (just RF/Solver Engines and Kerbal Engineer) 1.3.0 install. Logs don't show anything suspicious.

I noticed this, too. Not a huge deal for me, as I can just hit "remove all tanks" and put the right fuel in.

1 hour ago, blowfish said:

Hmm, might be related to a change @taniwha made on the ModularFuelTanks side.  I'll look into it.  Probably just need to include a patch removing those resources by default

When patching just be careful you don't remove any resources that aren't going to be managed by RF

ConfigurableContainers got some patches which create double entries (visible or under the hood).

I guess a simple patch like this could help?

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleTankManager]]:NEEDS[modularFuelTanks|RealFuels,ConfigurableContainers]:AFTER[ConfigurableContainers]
{
	!MODULE[ModuleTankManager] {}
}

53 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

ConfigurableContainers got some patches which create double entries (visible or under the hood).

I guess a simple patch like this could help?

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleTankManager]]:NEEDS[modularFuelTanks|RealFuels,ConfigurableContainers]:AFTER[ConfigurableContainers]
{
	!MODULE[ModuleTankManager] {}
}

The convention for the most part is for other switching mods to disable themselves in the presence of RF, not for RF to disable them.  Since RF is usually the one you want to keep (and it's a fairly common mod) it's easier to maintain this way, and better not to include a bunch of patches in RF that will only activate occasionally.  So I think this patch should go in the Configurable Containers mod.

Edited by blowfish

I'm trying to figure out how to add tank space for life support supplies for Kerbalism to use with Real Fuels. Right now, when I load a pod in the VAB, my capsule is actually over capacity due to the LS supplies, and in the case of the VSPR Mk1-2 pod, I am unable to add any RCS fuel, and I wind up with 10000 Nitrogen. I'll upload a picture later if need be. Any ideas on the best way to fix this?

I would like to add USI-LS Supplies, Fertilizer, and Mulch to the tank options in the Real Fuels menu.  Unfortunately I am completely new to this and the configs so far are complete greek to me.  Not looking for a tutorial just a starting place to dig into.  Would this be part of the Community Resource Pack, a real fuel CFG somewhere, or what?  I see supplies listed in the Community Resource Pack but they are not listed in the Real Fuels HSP list.  Not sure if that has anything to do with it but its just something I found poking / stumbling around.  

I know there are separate containers for USI-LS but the fact that you can use Real Fuels to add every other kind of resource including Food, Water, Oxygen, etc which are not even used with USI-LS then I figured it should be possible.

Thanks in advance for any help.

14 minutes ago, terminalmonky said:

I would like to add USI-LS Supplies, Fertilizer, and Mulch to the tank options in the Real Fuels menu.  Unfortunately I am completely new to this and the configs so far are complete greek to me.  Not looking for a tutorial just a starting place to dig into.  Would this be part of the Community Resource Pack, a real fuel CFG somewhere, or what?  I see supplies listed in the Community Resource Pack but they are not listed in the Real Fuels HSP list.  Not sure if that has anything to do with it but its just something I found poking / stumbling around.  

I know there are separate containers for USI-LS but the fact that you can use Real Fuels to add every other kind of resource including Food, Water, Oxygen, etc which are not even used with USI-LS then I figured it should be possible.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Look at RealFuels/Resources/RealTankTypes.cfg

Then look for the TANK_DEFINITION ServiceModule and then at the TANK nodes contained therein. Food, Water and Oxygen are present in there so look at how they are put together. But, with the example I've just given you I'm not actually sure why you need to do anything else. ServiceModule also covers things like command modules so you can already add life support resources to those parts.

21 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

Look at RealFuels/Resources/RealTankTypes.cfg

Then look for the TANK_DEFINITION ServiceModule and then at the TANK nodes contained therein. Food, Water and Oxygen are present in there so look at how they are put together. But, with the example I've just given you I'm not actually sure why you need to do anything else. ServiceModule also covers things like command modules so you can already add life support resources to those parts.

Thanks @Starwaster.  USI-LS does not use Food, Water, and Oxygen though.  It uses Supplies, Mulch, and Fertilizer.  So the Mk1pod has the below module loaded.  This tells it that there is a ServiceModule RealFuel Tank correct?  So if I looked at the weights and added Supplies to the ServiceModule TANK_DEFINITION in the RealTankTypes.cfg that would be headed in the right direction I think.

Thanks again for the help.

MODULE
        {
            name = ModuleFuelTanks
            volume = 25.515
            type = ServiceModule
            basemass = -1
            TANK
            {
                name = ElectricCharge
                amount = full
                maxAmount = 515