[1.8+] Real Fuels

NathanKell

Sorry all, hadn't pushed a release with the new ModuleRCSFX in there. Stockalike is updated now to include ModuleRCSFX v4.1. Anyone with a previous version can update. If you're having trouble with the RCS, make sure you've got the latest versions of everything first.

It's just me or 1.0.3 broke 'show GUI' on the engines? It doesn't show up for me

On my save from 1.02, in-flight ships with RF engines are acting as the 'default setting' written into the ModuleEngines node. I looked in the quicksave file, and the Realengines node with the correct settings is still present...

I note that KSP is reporting KSPAPIextensions is non-functional, presumably we are pending an updated release of it for 1.03

I'm having some trouble with RealFuels. I'm not sure when it started happening, but I no longer have tweakables for tech level and fuel. I can make some adjustments to these using "Show Engine GUI", but not everything. When I look at my log, I get this error repeatedly:

[EXC 11:51:31.853] ArgumentException: Getting control 1's position in a group with only 1 controls when doing Repaint

Aborting

UnityEngine.GUILayoutGroup.GetNext ()

UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.DoGetRect (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options)

UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.GetRect (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options)

UnityEngine.GUILayout.DoButton (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options)

UnityEngine.GUILayout.Button (System.String text, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options)

RealFuels.ModuleEngineConfigs.engineManagerGUI (Int32 WindowID)

UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID)

UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)

It seemed like it might be relevant. Does it look familiar? I'm using 1.02, and I've uninstalled all of my mods except Real Fuels and its dependencies, though I haven't always used CKAN and my install might be a little "dirty" somewhere.

He says he is using 1.0.2 (well, 1.02). I think a full output_log.txt will be needed to diagnose this unless anyone has seen similar recently. That exception indicates that the RF UI code is changing what it is displaying when it shouldn't. Hopefully there will be some other exception or other type of message earlier in the log that explains it...

Still doing a bit of troubleshooting. Wish I could grab a clean install of 1.0.2, but Steam only lets me have 0.90 or 1.0.4. I'm not getting that specific error any more, which makes me regret posting so early.

Let's take a brief moment to make sure I'm not an idiot. In the past, I used to be able to right-click a part and change tech level and engine config right from there. Now I no longer have those tweakables, but I can click "Engine Show GUI" and get a popup window that lets me change that stuff. Is this an intentional change, or do I actually have a problem?

Still doing a bit of troubleshooting. Wish I could grab a clean install of 1.0.2, but Steam only lets me have 0.90 or 1.0.4. I'm not getting that specific error any more, which makes me regret posting so early.

Let's take a brief moment to make sure I'm not an idiot. In the past, I used to be able to right-click a part and change tech level and engine config right from there. Now I no longer have those tweakables, but I can click "Engine Show GUI" and get a popup window that lets me change that stuff. Is this an intentional change, or do I actually have a problem?

Neither:

Apparently the 1.0.x is a lie. I'll have a version for 1.0.3/4 out soon.

(I'm in the same boat, wish I had made a 1.0.2 backup before Steam updated it)

Changelog for v10.4.

• Update for KSP 1.0.4.
  • Ullage and limited ignitions now included, works like EngineIgnitor though the module configuration is different. If you set EI configs in your ModuleEngineConfigs CONFIG nodes, however, those will be read just fine by RF.
  • Spaceplane part volumes and tank types tweaked for better utility.
  • TweakScale support for engines.

Neither:

(I'm in the same boat, wish I had made a 1.0.2 backup before Steam updated it)

You guys are killing me :wink::

I'm using 1.02, and I've uninstalled all of my mods except Real Fuels and its dependencies, though I haven't always used CKAN and my install might be a little "dirty" somewhere.

I have not updated to 1.0.3/1.0.4 yet.

I copied my mods to a fresh 1.0.4 install, then installed updated mods including RF (freshly downloaded), but many engine that worked with RF in 1.0.2 don't work in 1.0.4. (no fuel type switcher, and no thrust).

I copied my mods to a fresh 1.0.4 install, then installed updated mods including RF (freshly downloaded), but many engine that worked with RF in 1.0.2 don't work in 1.0.4. (no fuel type switcher, and no thrust).

What engine pack did you install?

What engine pack did you install?

I use stockalike, just installed the most recent version. Some engines have a fuel switcher in the part tweak menu, others don't but do have a "show GUI" button. It looked like switching fuels that way works only for some engines but that turned out to be due to mechjeb not showing d-v.

Some engines have a "show UI" button which brings up fuel selection for fueltanks... I'm starting to suspect the problem is with Venn's stockrevamp, which i noticed is not yet updated. I think for now it can be concluded the problem is not with RF.

The current release seems to have been compiled with KSPAPIExtensions version 1.73

The current version of KSPAPIExtensions is 1.75, and there are conflicts between the version RF needs and the others. Would it be possible to re-release the current version of RF with the newest KSPAPIExtensions?

Thanks!