[1.8+] Real Fuels

NathanKell

3 hours ago, Phineas Freak said:

@liquidhype you can grab the latest "master" repository and build it. Apart from the bit broken TestFlight integration (although it might be an issue with TF itself) it works perfectly!

TF support code was removed. I'm assuming it will get added back in at some point but for right now there is no TestFlight integration at all.

Edit: nvm; not merged yet

Edited by Starwaster

9 hours ago, DJ Reonic said:

I've tried setting up stuff to compile .dlls, but I couldn't wrap my head around it.

I definitely had to configure a lot of things to get it to compile in order to make the 1.2 changes.  Ping me if you want a walkthrough on the setup sometime...

19 minutes ago, AlphaKerman said:

Is it ok to use Real Fuel and SMURFF together? Or i just have to use one? As far as i know, SMURFF only change the tank dry mass. Thanks 

The RF fuel tank module will just overwrite the tank mass, but there might be issues on some engines where SMURFF and RF both try to change the mass.  I doubt SMURFF was designed to be used with RF, but if you really want to know you can ask in that thread.

Edited by blowfish

I think something like this will ensure that it will not fight each other:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEnginesRF]]:BEFORE[SMURFF]:NEEDS[RealFuels_StockEngines] {
  %SMURFFExclude = true
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks]]:BEFORE[SMURFF]:NEEDS[RealFuels] {
  %SMURFFExclude = true
}

Shouldn't RFStockalike provide RealPlumeConfigs for CKAN? As it seems to contain RealPlume-RFStockalike folder, but RealPlume still wants to install Stock configs.

I saw permanent flame effect for Swivel engine even when it's turned off with RealPlume installed that way, could this be the cause for this?

6 minutes ago, Eklykti said:

Shouldn't RFStockalike provide RealPlumeConfigs for CKAN? As it seems to contain RealPlume-RFStockalike folder, but RealPlume still wants to install Stock configs.

I saw permanent flame effect for Swivel engine even when it's turned off with RealPlume installed that way, could this be the cause for this?

There appears to be an issue with the CKAN metadata for RF Stockalike.  But RF Stockalike has its own thread.

Thanks for this update, I like RealFuels and I am happy to play with it in KSP 1.2.2!

Unfortunately, I encountered some troubles with the RF configs: the link to the RealEngine configs in the beginning of this thread seems outdated - I cannot find the download anywhere, and the RO thread it points to has been closed -, and the stock RF configs are completely inappropriate for RSS, as the low mass ratios make it impossible to leave very low Earth orbits. I downloaded the stock RF configs and I modified the tank mass multiplier in one of the configs, but I am not sure if the value I inserted is realistic, and if the different tanks are unbalanced. Does anyone have better configs, or the only option is learning how to create mine ex nihilo? Thanks.

I'm experiencing an issue with the engine upgrade system when playing in Science or Career mode. When trying to open the RealFuels UI on most engines in the editor, the framerate tanks, and these errors get spammed in the console/log files:

[ERR 11:42:56.701] *RFUM: ERROR: upgrade SolidFuel does not exist!
[ERR 11:42:56.703] *RFUM: ERROR: upgrade Kerosene+LqdOxygen does not exist!
[ERR 11:42:56.705] *RFUM: ERROR: upgrade Aerozine50+NTO does not exist!
[ERR 11:42:56.708] *RFUM: ERROR: upgrade Ethanol75+LqdOxygen does not exist!

The same error also appears when purchasing an upgrade in the R&D building, but it doesn't get spammed.

Also should mention that the upgrade button shows some strange characters instead of the expected "+" or "X":

4rbcZcH.png

Not sure if this is an issue with RFStockalike or RealFuels itself, but thought I would try posting here first.

I'm running KSP 1.2.2, 64-bit. The only mods installed are RealFuels, RFStockalike and hard dependencies. CKAN was not used for installation.

• ModuleManager.2.7.5 v2.7.5.0
  • SolverEngines v3.0.0.0
  • RealFuels v0.12.0.38596 / v0.12.0.0
  • CommunityResourcePack
  • RealFuels-Stockalike
  • RealPlume-RFStockalike
  • zzRFStockalike

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start a new game in Science or Career mode.
  2. Open the R&D building.
  3. Open the debug console and give yourself some science.
  4. Purchase Basic Rocketry.
  5. Switch to the VAB.
  6. Add the liquid fuel engine to your ship.
  7. Open the RealFuels UI for the engine.

Here are my logs after performing the above steps and quitting the game:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d0jrs7x6hkjv644/KSP_Logs_Alexical_RealFuels.zip?dl=0

Reposted on GitHub:

https://github.com/NathanKell/ModularFuelSystem/issues/170

Edited by Alexical
Add link to issue reposted on GitHub

2 hours ago, New Horizons said:

I have a question on installing RF + RF Stockalike. In the latter one there already exists a folder with Realplume configs. Do you still have to install "RealPlume-StockConfigs_v0.11.2" suggested in 4.ii?

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealPlume/wiki

RF-Stockalike has its own RealPlume configs.  You don't need the other ones.

And for future reference there is an RF stodkalike thread that might be a slightly better place for such questions

E: be sure to install the RealPlume-RFStockslike folder that comes with it thoufh

Edited by blowfish

well, i'm having an issue, in that realfuels is not loading, at all. i've got procedural parts, and it doesn't recognize that RF is on, and the rf config menu is absent.

i installed via ckan.. tried completely removeing and reinstalling, but no dice. it just woin't load

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uvofhf2do4h0uoa/output_log.txt?dl=0

Edited by Commissar
add log