[1.8+] Real Fuels

NathanKell

19 hours ago, Starwaster said:

@Tonas1997

looks like engine clusters had more than one MEC...

This will fix it. Not sure what the solution is for engines with tanks in them... I stuck something else in there that might do it. No idea if it does or doesn't

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngineConfigs]]:NEEDS[RealFuels,TweakScale]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngineConfigs],*
	{
		@origMass = -1
		@CONFIG[*],*
		{
			@origMass = -1
		}
	}
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines*],@MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks]]:NEEDS[RealFuels,TweakScale]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks],*
	{
		%basemass = -1
	}
}

Yup, that worked perfectly. You sir/lady just made me a very, very happy player.

The dry mass of the engine whose mass didn't scale whatsoever still suffers from said bug, but it doesn't bother me much (considering the fuel tanks capacity DOES change with scale).

5 hours ago, Agustin said:

Sorry if this is described somewhere but: How does this mod handles mining? Is the converter able to convert ore into fuels used in this mod? Is there any workarounds or additional mods that adress this?

It doesn't handle mining at all.

That is totally outside the scope of this mod and always will be.

Real ISRU is what you want but it is in an incomplete state. I've recently started working on contributing fixes to it but it's nowhere near release ready. You can check it out here:

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealISRU/tree/master/GameData/RealISRU

liquefaction works (converting gasses to cryogenic liquid) for O2, H2, CH4 and  NH3.

Harvesting of various atmospheric gasses

Sabatier reactors (methane from CO2 + H2)

and drills for harvesting water and hydrates.

Edited by Starwaster

How do you guys get those fancy tank stats? All it shows for me is current fuel and max temperature :p   Found the answer few posts back ^^

Also is it normall that i cant chose cryogenic tank type no matter ho many MLI i put in?

Edited by species

2 hours ago, species said:

How do you guys get those fancy tank stats? All it shows for me is current fuel and max temperature :p   Found the answer few posts back ^^

Also is it normall that i cant chose cryogenic tank type no matter ho many MLI i put in?

You can only choose a given tank type if the part's configuration file was written to allow that tank type.

With the last update, the main difference between default and cryo is that cryo has 10 free layers of MLI that you don't see in the editor. Those 10 layers stack with any MLI that you add, so at the end it's added+10

32 minutes ago, species said:

I think its the procedural tanks included in realfuels mod, not sure tho.

Procedural Parts does let you select tank types though it is not included with Real Fuels so if you didn't download and install it separately then you don't have it.

1 hour ago, species said:

I have the whole RSS/RO, installed thru CKAN/golden spreadsheet. I do have the option to select tank type for all mark I-IV but its just classic and high pressure Oo

Ok so you installed it through CKAN along with RO. I don't know what you are talking about with regards to the rest. I.e. mark I-IV, dunno what that is and classic/high pressure are NOT tank types, at least not as defined by Real Fuels or RO. You might be referring to 'highly pressurized'...?... which appears in the notes for some tank types but it is not itself a tank type. Make sure the part you are looking at is titled Tank [Procedural] - if not then look for that in your inventory.

22 hours ago, Starwaster said:

Sorry im propably explaining myself like a neanderthal :(

I had the Tank [Procedural] in my 1.2.2. install but on 1.3.1 it got replaced with Tank type I - IV(at least im assuming it got replaced since it looks the same), taht can be only set to "tank" and "tank-HP"(which i assumed was high pressurised)

Like this https://imgur.com/a/9qz30X1 (the upper ones are service modules I-IV) Oo

It might be one of the changes asociated to Real progression 1. Ill try fresh install.

Sorry its obvious i know next to nothing about how ksp modding works under the hood, you might be losing your time with me :(

Thank you tho!

Edit - Definetly RP-1 thing, youre definetly losing your time with me! Sorry! :D

Edited by species

Hi, im doing a reinstall for 1.4.3 cause my 1.3.1 install borked...the engine config link for "Stock" in topic is dead.

Can anyone point me in the right direction, need configs for Stockengines, AirplanePLUS and Advanced Jet Engine?

Thx guys, this mod is cruicial here :)

Ok so i downloaded the latest version & then the latest configs from @Raptor831but dosen't work when rightclicking, standard menu.

Edited by Cratzz

On 7/4/2018 at 9:09 AM, Cratzz said:

Hi, im doing a reinstall for 1.4.3 cause my 1.3.1 install borked...the engine config link for "Stock" in topic is dead.

Can anyone point me in the right direction, need configs for Stockengines, AirplanePLUS and Advanced Jet Engine?

Thx guys, this mod is cruicial here :)

Ok so i downloaded the latest version & then the latest configs from @Raptor831but dosen't work when rightclicking, standard menu.

Got the same problem.  Turned out that the install instructions for RF Stockalike are borked.  You need to put the RealFuels-Stockalike folder in the GameData/RealFuels not GameData/

7 hours ago, Requia said:

Got the same problem.  Turned out that the install instructions for RF Stockalike are borked.  You need to put the RealFuels-Stockalike folder in the GameData/RealFuels not GameData/

No you don't. That's just plain wrong. If you got different results when installing it to Real Fuels then you carried out the installation incorrectly the first time in a manner that had nothing to do with whether or not you installed it in the RealFuels folder. The RFS patch doesn't work that way. It probably CAN be installed there without deleterious effect but you shouldn't do so and you definitely shouldn't give that advice to people.

I apologize if this part comes out as harsh but you have an incorrect understanding somewhere of how this works and you shouldn't give advice on that basis because sooner or later you are going to end up  seriously screwing up someone else's installation in a manner that you will not be able to undo and it will cause them and whoever DOES end up helping them undue aggravation.

9 hours ago, Starwaster said:

No you don't. That's just plain wrong. If you got different results when installing it to Real Fuels then you carried out the installation incorrectly the first time in a manner that had nothing to do with whether or not you installed it in the RealFuels folder. The RFS patch doesn't work that way. It probably CAN be installed there without deleterious effect but you shouldn't do so and you definitely shouldn't give that advice to people.

I apologize if this part comes out as harsh but you have an incorrect understanding somewhere of how this works and you shouldn't give advice on that basis because sooner or later you are going to end up  seriously screwing up someone else's installation in a manner that you will not be able to undo and it will cause them and whoever DOES end up helping them undue aggravation.

Have you actually run it in 1.4?  It sounds like you're mouthing off about something you haven't actually tried for yourself, on the basis of outdated information.

29 minutes ago, Requia said:

Have you actually run it in 1.4?  It sounds like you're mouthing off about something you haven't actually tried for yourself, on the basis of outdated information.

I'm 'mouthing off' on the basis that I am one of the developers for Real Fuels and RF is running on MY system for any particular new KSP update long before YOU get the official RF release for that version.

And I use RF Stockalike engine configs to boot. 

And yes, it works with RF Stockalike installed to GameData folder.

Whatever happened to you had nothing to do with what you said.

Edited by Starwaster

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2018 at 10:58 AM, Starwaster said:

Thx man, i appreciate the support but i can fend for myself :)

I know i shouldn't trust everything i read on the internet :wink:

Thx for your otherwise hard work with the mods! Have a good summer.

• 3 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Tonas1997 said:

Where are the "Real Engine" configs for RSS? The link on the OP is broken.

As far as I know the Real Engines config are made for RO and packed with it. I don't think you can use them on their own.

32 minutes ago, Tonas1997 said:

So in order to use RealFuels in RSS I have to install RO?

No, you can use the Stockalike configs. They will give KSP engines realistic performance but they are not stats directly copied from a real engine (as opposed to the Real Engines configs since RO completely changes the stock engines to real-world engines).
With Stockalike you have real-world performance with KSP engines, with Real Engines you simply have real-world engines.

Link because the one in the OP is also broken:

• 1 month later...

Hey, iv'e been messing around and testing mod compability on KSP v1.4.5 and most mods work great even if they officially only support up to v1.4.3. But with Real Fuels (i think) it looks like this: 

KSP.png?raw=1

Im not sure if it's Real Fuels, Solverengines, RFStockalike or maybe AJE that's the cause though. As you can see the Navball is crazy and there's plume coming from the engine even if it's of. I just thought i'd share.

Here's my log - https://www.dropbox.com/s/w1p1odj5j6y1n5e/KSP.log?dl=0

Edited by Cratzz

@Cratzz What is the navball issue exactly? The fact that it is over to the left or that it is skewed to 45 degrees? The latter is because of the MechJeb control part being mounted at 45 degrees.

Or if it's that it is sitting off to the left then that is because you changed it under KSP settings. (you can move the navball left or right)

The plume always on is a configuration issue for that engine part. What are you using for an engine pack? (RF doesn't include engine configs anymore; you need a separate engine pack such as RO or the stockalike pack)

10 hours ago, Starwaster said:

@Cratzz What is the navball issue exactly? The fact that it is over to the left or that it is skewed to 45 degrees? The latter is because of the MechJeb control part being mounted at 45 degrees.

Or if it's that it is sitting off to the left then that is because you changed it under KSP settings. (you can move the navball left or right)

The plume always on is a configuration issue for that engine part. What are you using for an engine pack? (RF doesn't include engine configs anymore; you need a separate engine pack such as RO or the stockalike pack)

Hey, thank you for the response. Yea it was the latter, that it was skewed. That seemed kinda stupid that the orientation of Mechjeb would affect the orientation of the entire craft, so never occured to me.

I managed to track down the plume issue aswell, and found the right configs! All is well!

Edited by Cratzz