[1.8+] Real Fuels

NathanKell

6 hours ago, Starwaster said:

Post logs please. Consult the following thread if you don't know where your logs are. (and yes you have logs even if you're not experiencing crashes unless you disabled logging)

I disabled logging ages ago. 

7 hours ago, blowfish said:

How do you know it's RF?

Because I never had this issue without RF and it disappeared after I uninstalled RF.

8 hours ago, Antonio432 said:

I disabled logging ages ago. 

Because I never had this issue without RF and it disappeared after I uninstalled RF.

Well guess what. Other people can use Real Fuels and Procedural Parts and WE don't experience the problem that you are so it looks less like Real Fuels 'bugging' Procedural Parts and more like a problem with your installation.

But so far I don't see anyone in a hurry to play guessing games as to what your problem is. And that's basically what you're asking us to do. So either reproduce the problem with logging enabled and provide logs as detailed in the post I referred you to or start doing standard troubleshooting procedures on your own: Start over from the beginning and reinstall everything from scratch, starting with just KSP + Module Manager + Real Fuels + Procedural Parts. Make sure to redownload the latest of everything.

15 hours ago, Starwaster said:

Well guess what. Other people can use Real Fuels and Procedural Parts and WE don't experience the problem that you are so it looks less like Real Fuels 'bugging' Procedural Parts and more like a problem with your installation.

But so far I don't see anyone in a hurry to play guessing games as to what your problem is. And that's basically what you're asking us to do. So either reproduce the problem with logging enabled and provide logs as detailed in the post I referred you to or start doing standard troubleshooting procedures on your own: Start over from the beginning and reinstall everything from scratch, starting with just KSP + Module Manager + Real Fuels + Procedural Parts. Make sure to redownload the latest of everything.

I will enable logging and do some testing around. I reinstalled literaly ALL mods I had to be sure if it has something to do with the installation. I will reply once I'm finished.

On 11.06.2016. at 9:40 AM, Starwaster said:

For some reason the website crashes whenever I send the log.

6 minutes ago, Antonio432 said:

For some reason the website crashes whenever I send the log.

You can upload to Dropbox or Google Drive, share, and post the link.  That's the usual strategy.

Edited by blowfish

2 hours ago, blowfish said:

You can upload to Dropbox or Google Drive, share, and post the link.  That's the usual strategy.

I have put the file on "My disc" on Google Drive but I don't know what to do with it now.

3 minutes ago, Antonio432 said:

I have put the file on "My disc" on Google Drive but I don't know what to do with it now.

From Google Drive in your browser, right click the file and select "Get Shareable Link"

2 hours ago, Antonio432 said:

Ok I was just sitting down to look things over but a major lightning storm swept through and I had to do an emergency shutdown :(

so maybe later. Can't do much from a mobile phone. One thing though... Did I see tweak scale? Might want to try without that. It's caused problems before. Or update it if it's not the latest version. Even if it's not the culprit here though, be aware that it's causing issues elsewhere. 

12 hours ago, Starwaster said:

Ok I was just sitting down to look things over but a major lightning storm swept through and I had to do an emergency shutdown :(

so maybe later. Can't do much from a mobile phone. One thing though... Did I see tweak scale? Might want to try without that. It's caused problems before. Or update it if it's not the latest version. Even if it's not the culprit here though, be aware that it's causing issues elsewhere. 

I'm currently busy so I am unable to immediately try anything but I'll remove tweakscale, I did feel a bit cheaty with it.

1 minute ago, Antonio432 said:

I'm currently busy so I am unable to immediately try anything but I'll remove tweakscale, I did feel a bit cheaty with it.

I tried duplicating your issue with Tweak Scale installed but I wasn't successful. Definitely had the same version you have installed (so it's the latest version of TS). I noticed in your log that there was an error in KSPAPIExtensions, apparently when you were editing  a procedural SRB? Is that what you were doing when trying to change shape/size?

Also, could you provide your ModuleManager.ConfigCache?

1 hour ago, Starwaster said:

I tried duplicating your issue with Tweak Scale installed but I wasn't successful. Definitely had the same version you have installed (so it's the latest version of TS). I noticed in your log that there was an error in KSPAPIExtensions, apparently when you were editing  a procedural SRB? Is that what you were doing when trying to change shape/size?

Also, could you provide your ModuleManager.ConfigCache?

Yes, I tried to edit a procedural SRB, couldn't get it's diameter below 1m and the "change shape" function disappeared too. I'm not 100% sure what do you mean by ModuleManager.ConfigCache but I posted the Module Manager configs from Procedural parts folder, I hope that is what you meant: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8o3_OKhDQ4aSjh2Ym04dzh2dzQ&usp=sharing

1 hour ago, Antonio432 said:

Yes, I tried to edit a procedural SRB, couldn't get it's diameter below 1m and the "change shape" function disappeared too. I'm not 100% sure what do you mean by ModuleManager.ConfigCache but I posted the Module Manager configs from Procedural parts folder, I hope that is what you meant: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8o3_OKhDQ4aSjh2Ym04dzh2dzQ&usp=sharing

ModuleManager.ConfigCache is a text file in the /GameData/ folder of your install. It's basically the finalized parts and nodes that ModuleManager makes written out, so anyone who needs to can look in the final part/node structure and troubleshoot.

13 minutes ago, Raptor831 said:

ModuleManager.ConfigCache is a text file in the /GameData/ folder of your install. It's basically the finalized parts and nodes that ModuleManager makes written out, so anyone who needs to can look in the final part/node structure and troubleshoot.

I don't have it. pretty sure I'd notice it if it was there.

54 minutes ago, Antonio432 said:

I don't have it. pretty sure I'd notice it if it was there.

It's not there because of errors in the DeadlyReentry.cfg file that are preventing the cache from being written.

Download this file and copy it into the DeadlyReentry folder, overwriting the existing file:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Starwaster/DeadlyReentry/master/DeadlyReentry/DeadlyReentry.cfg

Then run KSP once and then you'll be able to get the ModuleManager.ConfigCache

3 hours ago, Starwaster said:

It's not there because of errors in the DeadlyReentry.cfg file that are preventing the cache from being written.

Download this file and copy it into the DeadlyReentry folder, overwriting the existing file:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Starwaster/DeadlyReentry/master/DeadlyReentry/DeadlyReentry.cfg

Then run KSP once and then you'll be able to get the ModuleManager.ConfigCache

I'm pretty sure Module Manager did mention 5 errors concerning Deadly reentry config.

@Antonio432

I think I've managed to repro some of your issue but the issue I encountered wasn't that I wasn't able to edit shapes when I should have been able to or unable to resize to sizes that should have been available.

It was that I was able to do those things when I should NOT have been able to. There are both minimum and maximum sizes early on in career mode and only the cylinder shape is supposed to be available.

What I think is the cause is Kerbal Construction time. When unlocking nodes it enforces a delay to simulate research time and there's probably a race condition in there where Procedural Parts thinks that tech has been unlocked but then has that taken away so it starts enforcing shape/size. (takes away the shape control and changes the min/max values on length/diameter)

Edit: And the errors may or may not be a factor.... the PP error will result in thrust not being updated in the VAB/SPH but it corrects itself if the craft is reloaded or the editor exited/reentered. So I don't *think* it's a problem but....

Edited by Starwaster

36 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

@Antonio432

I think I've managed to repro some of your issue but the issue I encountered wasn't that I wasn't able to edit shapes when I should have been able to or unable to resize to sizes that should have been available.

It was that I was able to do those things when I should NOT have been able to. There are both minimum and maximum sizes early on in career mode and only the cylinder shape is supposed to be available.

What I think is the cause is Kerbal Construction time. When unlocking nodes it enforces a delay to simulate research time and there's probably a race condition in there where Procedural Parts thinks that tech has been unlocked but then has that taken away so it starts enforcing shape/size. (takes away the shape control and changes the min/max values on length/diameter)

Edit: And the errors may or may not be a factor.... the PP error will result in thrust not being updated in the VAB/SPH but it corrects itself if the craft is reloaded or the editor exited/reentered. So I don't *think* it's a problem but....

KCT can't be the issue, since I added it when i was reinstalling my mods, and I didn't have it when I encountered the issue first time. Btw, i used ckan for my mod installs, if that matters in any way. I was able to aquire a ModuleManager.ConfigCache though: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8o3_OKhDQ4aOTVFbm56WWZjWVk/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Antonio432

I had been playing a game with RSS, SMURFF, and procedural tanks (got used to them playing RO and can't go back), and I had monkeyed with the procedural tank size limitations for career mode, and it worked fine.  Now that I've installed real fuels and the stock configs (this is not an RO install), the tank limits have gone back to their annoyingly tiny upgrade steps.  Is there a config somewhere I can mess with?  I've been unable to find it.  

Edited by jdub3350

48 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

In the PP configs look in the TECHLIMIT nodes. Look for lengthMin, lengthMax, diameterMin, diameterMax, volumeMin and volumeMax

I had those modified, then installed Real Fuels and they appear to now be secondary to something else?  As best I can tell at least.  

1 hour ago, jdub3350 said:

I had those modified, then installed Real Fuels and they appear to now be secondary to something else?  As best I can tell at least.  

Real Fuels doesn't touch any of those values at all. Or the TECHLIMIT nodes