[1.8+] Real Fuels

NathanKell

13 hours ago, WolfieKSP said:

Please disregard the rant above ^ I have forgot about my second tank, but the problem still remains, my Nerva's have horrible dV's  in Hydrogen config (methane is a little bit better) I think the problem is in the hydrogen storage now

That makes for a  pretty confusing read. The only information or detail is in the first post but then you say to disregard the first post so that means there's really not enough information at all. :/

What tank are you having problems with? If it allows changing the tank type, make sure the type isn't set to inappropriate type. For example, you wouldn't want it set to Service Module if it's meant to be a large integrated type. SM has a higher base mass and if that's what you're using for your H2 tank then you can really screw yourself over. With appropriate tank types (Default, Cryogenic, Balloon, etc) you won't run into abnormal dry mass situations.

(all this assumes it's not a mod part with inappropriate configuration for that part)

Edited by Starwaster

On 2/9/2024 at 9:44 AM, Starwaster said:

That makes for a  pretty confusing read. The only information or detail is in the first post but then you say to disregard the first post so that means there's really not enough information at all. :/

What tank are you having problems with? If it allows changing the tank type, make sure the type isn't set to inappropriate type. For example, you wouldn't want it set to Service Module if it's meant to be a large integrated type. SM has a higher base mass and if that's what you're using for your H2 tank then you can really screw yourself over. With appropriate tank types (Default, Cryogenic, Balloon, etc) you won't run into abnormal dry mass situations.

(all this assumes it's not a mod part with inappropriate configuration for that part)

Sorry for making it confusing haha, I was using normal stock tanks (with restock installed) I can't choose the tank type tho, is there a tutorial or something like that?

8 hours ago, WolfieKSP said:

Sorry for making it confusing haha, I was using normal stock tanks (with restock installed) I can't choose the tank type tho, is there a tutorial or something like that?

If you don't have a menu option for different tank types then it might not be a Real Fuels tank.

Are you using the same tank for H2  as you are for hydrolox? Or are they two different parts? Asking because in Real Fuels, you change how much of a resource the tank has based on what needs it. For instance, if you have a nuclear engine, you go into the tank GUI and add all hydrogen. (or all ammonia, methane, water if the engine allows changing between those types)

So if it's two different tank types that you're choosing between then doesn't sound like it's an RF tank.

• 1 month later...

I seem to be having a problem with the dv equations with mechjeb, KER, and the built-in dv calculator. It relates to cryogenic engines, specifically they don't seem to calculate the use of oxidizer-it shows the "stage end" weight as if the tanks are still full of liquid oxygen, resulting in totally inaccurate dv totals. but only in the VAB, interestingly, the problem does not persist when the craft is in flight. running on ksp 1.12.x with the stockalike configs and the Bellabong 1.2 BDB patch found here: https://github.com/Bellabong/RealFuels-Stock/releases