[1.8+] Real Fuels

NathanKell

v10.8
* Update for KSP 1.0.5, start to tune boiloff for new thermo.
* Add tooltips when hovering over (locked or unlocked) engine configs in the engine GUI.
* Support descriptions for engine configs (key 'description' in the CONFIG). They are shown on the editor tooltip and in the config tooltip in the engine GUI.

Not mentioned, but there's also tool tips for tank auto configure buttons, which is really awesome when you have [I]THREE[/I] different mixture ratios for Aerozine 50/NTO on your rocket ;)

Also, there's an issue with Procedural Parts as root. Don't make a PP tank the root on your vessel. Area (drag cubes) is not properly calculated for those parts so they don't interact properly with thermo or aero. (AFAIK does not affect FAR, but still be careful)

[quote name='Starwaster']Not mentioned, but there's also tool tips for tank auto configure buttons, which is really awesome when you have [I]THREE[/I] different mixture ratios for Aerozine 50/NTO on your rocket ;)

Also, there's an issue with Procedural Parts as root. Don't make a PP tank the root on your vessel. Area (drag cubes) is not properly calculated for those parts so they don't interact properly with thermo or aero. (AFAIK does not affect FAR, but still be careful)[/QUOTE]

Congratulations on the official release, Starwaster! I can't wait to try it out (after I play a bit more Fallout 4).

[quote name='Jovus']Does a ferociousBoiloff = false MM config still apply to this version?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but you might as well just say that you don't want boiloff at all and shut it down in the configs. Hack them and shut it off. No point in neutering it, just shut it off.

Or you could just make all your tanks Service Module tanks or Cryogenic tanks but the former isn't really realistic for large launch stages, and the latter for on orbit long term storage such that you won't find in a lift stage. But whatever, it's your sandbox.

But it's also Real Fuels and that's the kind of thing they had (have) to deal with in real life with cryogenic propellants is that they boil off and so rapidly that you have to keep refilling them on the ground. At least that's something you (mostly) don't have to deal with because we don't start boiloff until KSP tells us the rocket launched.

Trying with RealFuels in ckan, the game won't load with just RealFuels, Stock configs and dependencies on a clean install:

The relevant parts of the log files below:
[CODE]*RF* Loading RFSETTINGS global settings
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ModuleEngineIgnitor'

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngine48-7S/liquidEngine48-7S/liquidEngineMini'

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngine48-7S/liquidEngine48-7S/liquidEngineMiniRescale'

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineAerospike/liquidEngineAerospike/toroidalAerospike'

Added sound_rocket_hard to FXGroup running

Added sound_explosion_low to FXGroup flameout

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineLV-1/liquidEngineLV-1/microEngine'

Added sound_rocket_mini to FXGroup running

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineLV-1R/liquidEngineLV-1R/radialEngineMini'

Added sound_rocket_mini to FXGroup running

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineLV-909/liquidEngineLV-909/liquidEngine3'

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineLV-N/liquidEngineLV-N/nuclearEngine'

[ShipTemplate]: No Resource definition found for RESOURCE

[ShipTemplate]: No Resource definition found for RESOURCE

U235Rods not found in resource database. Propellant Setup has failed.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at ModuleEngines.SetupPropellant () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ModuleEngines.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RealFuels.ModuleEngineConfigs.SetConfiguration (System.String newConfiguration, Boolean resetTechLevels) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RealFuels.ModuleEngineConfigs.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.AddModule (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at ModuleJettison.OnStart (StartState state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.ModulesOnStart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

InvalidOperationException: Steamworks is not initialized.
at Steamworks.InteropHelp.TestIfAvailableClient () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Steamworks.SteamController.Shutdown () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SteamController.KSPSteamController.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)[/CODE]

[quote name='Citizen247']Trying with RealFuels in ckan, the game won't load with just RealFuels, Stock configs and dependencies on a clean install:

The relevant parts of the log files below:
[/QUOTE]

You're using an outdated engine pack that's trying to assign a non-existent resource (U235Rods) meaning either the pack itself needs to be updated or you're using an outdated version of that pack.

(U235Rods is now 'EnrichedUranium' and DepU235Rods is now 'DepletedUranium')

(and it's been that way for quite a few months now)

[quote name='Starwaster']You're using an outdated engine pack that's trying to assign a non-existent resource (U235Rods) meaning either the pack itself needs to be updated or you're using an outdated version of that pack.

(U235Rods is now 'EnrichedUranium' and DepU235Rods is now 'DepletedUranium')

(and it's been that way for quite a few months now)[/QUOTE]
Hmm, it's all from CKAN, so I had assumed it would be all up-to-date. But I guess not.

Thanks.

I've installed the up-to-date pack and everything loads. The engines seem to have the correct settings, but are unusable because fuel tanks can't be configured with anything but their default liquid fuel/oxidiser. I tried testing with procedural parts and it's back to not loading again:

[CODE](Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

PartLoader: Part 'ProceduralParts/Parts/ZOtherMods/RFSRB/proceduralSRBRealFuels' has no database record. Creating.

DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'proceduralSRBRealFuels'

*PP* InitializeBells

ArgumentException: Unable to find engine-like module
at KSPAPIExtensions.Utils.EngineWrapper..ctor (.Part part) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ProceduralParts.ProceduralSRB.get_Engine () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ProceduralParts.ProceduralSRB.InitModulesFromBell () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ProceduralParts.ProceduralSRB.InitializeBells () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ProceduralParts.ProceduralSRB.GetInfo () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader.CompilePartInfo (.AvailablePart newPartInfo, .Part part) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)[/CODE]

I guess this is also an engine pack problem? I'll go and bug the stockalike guys.

Thanks for your help.

ETA:
Actually scratch that. I think it's a CKAN problem, installing real plume/fuels and configs manually, and everything seems to be working perfectly. Edited by Citizen247

[quote name='YauS']Can Real Fuels Support Fuels Cell?[/QUOTE]

Real Fuels supports custom configuring of fuel tanks. Including hydrogen and oxygen in either gaseous or liquid form (as defined by the Community Resource Pack)

So if fuel cells are configured to use those resources, then yes.

[quote name='Starwaster']Real Fuels supports custom configuring of fuel tanks. Including hydrogen and oxygen in either gaseous or liquid form (as defined by the Community Resource Pack)

So if fuel cells are configured to use those resources, then yes.[/QUOTE]

I guess the question was, are you willing to make it any time soon?

Trying to do some tweaks by myself, I found refueling pump rate is setted to "100.0" in its source.
I just want to ask if it's intended feature or left for future work.
Because i wanted to change those values of various clamps by my own MM patch, but didn't work.
At this time, i just have to attach lots and lots of clamps to my rocket to maintain fuels before launch.... too harsh for me....
BTW, thanks for all your effort on this mod!

[quote name='ThomasJun']Trying to do some tweaks by myself, I found refueling pump rate is setted to "100.0" in its source.
I just want to ask if it's intended feature or left for future work.
Because i wanted to change those values of various clamps by my own MM patch, but didn't work.
At this time, i just have to attach lots and lots of clamps to my rocket to maintain fuels before launch.... too harsh for me....
BTW, thanks for all your effort on this mod![/QUOTE]

It's configurable. There's probably just a problem in your MM patch

This should probably work
[CODE]
@PART
[*]:HAS[RefuelingPump]
{
%pump_rate = 1000
}
[/CODE]

Does anyone have the latest version for 1.04 of solver engines? Somehow through CKAN I think it was solver engines that updated. I'm playing RP-0 on 1.04 and none of my engine will start. New rockets or existing rockets. There is also no more Show UI for the engines in the VAB.

I think this is a solver engine issue. Anyways, my save file under 1.05 will have the engines work but without RP-0 I can't migrate my game fully yet.

[quote name='gonzo98x']Does anyone have the latest version for 1.04 of solver engines? Somehow through CKAN I think it was solver engines that updated. I'm playing RP-0 on 1.04 and none of my engine will start. New rockets or existing rockets. There is also no more Show UI for the engines in the VAB.

I think this is a solver engine issue. Anyways, my save file under 1.05 will have the engines work but without RP-0 I can't migrate my game fully yet.[/QUOTE]

You mean the last version that was for KSP 1.0.4? All older versions of Real Fuels can be found on the github site. Below is the latest RF that was for KSP 1.0.4

[url]https://github.com/NathanKell/ModularFuelSystem/releases/tag/rf-v10.7.2[/url]

Or directly from SolverEngine's own repository, for only Solver Engines.

[url]https://github.com/KSP-RO/SolverEngines/releases/tag/v1.11[/url]