[1.8+] Real Fuels

NathanKell

10 hours ago, Requia said:

Then there shouldn't be boiloff loss. Given that this is a *realism* mod its a bug.

Hmm, is there a way to disable boiloff for service modules only?

No it's not a bug, but you're free to do whatever you want to your own installation.

12 hours ago, Requia said:

Is there actually a way to fix it in config?

Since you put it like that, no, because it's not broken. :D

Edit: Let me clarify my position on the issue in general: Real Fuels boiloff code is operating within its design scope. It is not designed for generating actual boiloff resource. That is outside its design scope and at this time there are no plans to change that. RF is designed to handle realistic fuels and where applicable, loss of cryogenic fuels due to thermal leakage. Therefore, the behavior that you find repugnant does not constitute a bug. 

The subject has come up before and while the idea has not been rejected, it's also not something I'm going to spend valuable coding time manner for an edge case scenario. At least not if it's going to be done half-assed.

Edited by Starwaster

47 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

Since you put it like that, no, because it's not broken. :D

Edit: Let me clarify my position on the issue in general: Real Fuels boiloff code is operating within its design scope. It is not designed for generating actual boiloff resource. That is outside its design scope and at this time there are no plans to change that. RF is designed to handle realistic fuels and where applicable, loss of cryogenic fuels due to thermal leakage. Therefore, the behavior that you find repugnant does not constitute a bug. 

The subject has come up before and while the idea has not been rejected, it's also not something I'm going to spend valuable coding time manner for an edge case scenario. At least not if it's going to be done half-assed.

Ok but that's not the question I'm trying to get an answer to, can I disable boiloff in just one fuel tank type?

Edited by Requia

Hi! For some weird reason my game always hangs on loadup. Here's a console log showing the details:

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'FASA/Apollo/FASA_Apollo_Eng/LFE_H1/FASAApolloLFEH1'

(Filename: /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/MacStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

*U* Ullage constructor called on FASAApolloLFEH1

(Filename: /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/MacStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

PartLoader: Part 'FASA/Apollo/FASA_Apollo_Eng/LFE_H1/FASAApolloLFEH1' has no database record. Creating.

DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'FASAApolloLFEH1'

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'ModuleEngines.Flameout'.
  at RealFuels.ModuleEnginesRF.GetThrustInfo () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at RealFuels.ModuleEnginesRF.GetInfo () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader.CompilePartInfo (.AvailablePart newPartInfo, .Part part) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: 4294967295)

Missing method ModuleEngines::Flameout(string,bool,bool) in assembly /Users/[user]/Applications/Kerbal Space Program/KSP.app/Contents/Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp.dll, referenced in assembly /Users/[user]/Applications/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/RealFuels/Plugins/RealFuels.dll

It says there's a missing method in the ModuleEngines class, but I don't understand how this could be the case since I have the latest version of RealFuels and the latest version of Solver Engines.

Edited by gliese-aerospace

Love this mod, thanks for making it! I have a question though ... I was wondering what the little green play arrow is next to my fuel on the tank? If I click it it turns into a small red cancel icon. My guess it is disable tanks from feeding engines, I guess if you are transporting fuel somewhere.

CznbXbV.png

Thanks!

Edited by i_like_kerbals

31 minutes ago, LostOblivion said:

I read that RealFuels come with thrust curves for SRBs? Is it possible to get this functionality from your mod without having all of it?

I want to add thrust curves to the stock SRB config files.

No, RF does not include thrust curves by itself but it adds support for them. You will need to create the curves by yourself though.

2 hours ago, Phineas Freak said:

No, RF does not include thrust curves by itself but it adds support for them. You will need to create the curves by yourself though.

That's what I wanted to know. Is it possible to only access this functionality in RF alone, or do I have to get all the other features as well?

I tried adding thrustCurves to the stock Kickback SRB, with no luck. This is my MM config onto an otherwise stock part. I have only the plugin DLLs from RealFuels installed in my GameData folder, removed all .cfg files.

+PART[MassiveBooster]
{
	@name = ObMassiveBooster
	@rescaleFactor = 1.56
	@TechRequired = heavierRocketry
	@entryCost = 32000
	@cost = 10800
	@title = S1 SRB-KD50k "SuperKickback" Solid Fuel Booster
	@mass = 8
	@bulkheadProfiles = size2, srf
	@MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]
	{
		@maxThrust = 2400
		@heatProduction = 830
		@atmosphereCurve
		{
			@key,1 = 0 268
			@key,2 = 1 242
			@key,3 = 7 0.001
		}
	}
	@RESOURCE[SolidFuel]
	{
		@amount = 5600
		@maxAmount = 5600
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleGimbal
		gimbalTransformName = thrustTransform
		gimbalRange = 1.5
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleEngineConfigs
		type = ModuleEngines
		configuration = Normal
		modded = false
		CONFIG
		{
			name = Normal
			maxThrust = 2400
			heatProduction = 830
			PROPELLANT
			{
				name = SolidFuel
				ratio = 1
				DrawGauge = True
			}
			atmosphereCurve
			{
				key = 0 268
				key = 1 242
				key = 7 0.001
			}
			curveResource = SolidFuel
			thrustCurve
			{
				key = 0.999 0.250
				key = 0.995 1.000
				key = 0.880 1.000
				key = 0.860 0.600
				key = 0.840 0.500
				key = 0.820 0.600
				key = 0.800 0.900
				key = 0.660 0.760
				key = 0.050 0.500
				key = 0.005 0.050
			}
		}
	}
}

Edited by LostOblivion

Nope, it actually goes in the engine module, and the engine module needs to be switched to ModuleEnginesRF (you could also put it in a ModuleEnigneConfigs CONFIG, but no engine module except ModuleEnginesRF will know what to do with it--ModuleEngineConifgs is just a module that feeds the engine module a config).

Ahh, so I can simply put the thrustCurve property directly into the ModuleEnginesFX module (and rename it ModuleEnginesRF) along with curveResource, and omit ModuleEnginesConfig all together for an otherwise stock integration with the stock fuels?

Do I need any other files than the DLLs? Do I need SolverEngines or CommunityResources?

Edited by LostOblivion

I tried doing what you said, but I'm still missing something, as the game hangs now upon loading my part at the game splash screen. Here's my MM config now (some keys left out for readability).

+PART[MassiveBooster]
{
	@name = ObMassiveBooster
	@rescaleFactor = 1.52
	@entryCost = 32000
	@cost = 10800
	@mass = 8
	@MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]
	{
		@name = ModuleEnginesRF
		@maxThrust = 1880
		@atmosphereCurve
		{
			@key,1 = 0 268
			@key,2 = 1 242
			@key,3 = 7 0.001
		}
		curveResource = SolidFuel
		thrustCurve
		{
			key = 0.99998 0.250
			key = 0.99493 0.483
			key = 0.98966 0.505
			key = 0.00137 0.107
			key = 0.00119 0.017
			key = 0.00119 0.001
		}
	}
	@RESOURCE[SolidFuel]
	{
		@amount = 8600
		@maxAmount = 8600
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleGimbal
		gimbalTransformName = thrustTransform
		gimbalRange = 1.5
	}
}

Edited by LostOblivion

Here's output_log.txt. The part's name is ObMassiveBooster.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0vhoiq6ye4n8jj5/output_log.txt?dl=0

I added the entire SolverEngines folder, the ModuleManager DLL, and the RealFuels folder into my GameData folder. I removed all .cfg files in the RealFuels folder except from the two you mentioned earlier.

Here's the MM config I used. AFAIK, no other MM patches are made on the stock Kickback in addition to this one.

+PART[MassiveBooster]
{
	@name = ObMassiveBooster
	@rescaleFactor = 1.52
	@entryCost = 32000
	@cost = 10800
	@mass = 8
	@MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]
	{
		@name = ModuleEnginesRF