[1.8+] Real Fuels

NathanKell

22 hours ago, George the astronaut said:

They do not work with FASA AND OTHER MODS only with some of the stock parts

I use FASA myself and it most definitely works with FASA. 

Did you install an engine pack with Real Fuels as instructed on the front page? (RealismOverhaul counts as an engine pack)

2 hours ago, George the astronaut said:

Yes ive tested both realism overhaul and other configs but it wont work!

what should i do?

Its the tank type selection that does not show up

I already told you once that not every tank has multiple tank type selections meaning you can't change the tank type on every tank!  THAT IS NORMAL.

2 hours ago, George the astronaut said:

But how am i gonna use them then.

it says pressurized false

It is ok for a tank to not be pressurized (it actually says "highly pressurized")

You only need highly pressurized tanks for pressure fed engines.

You probably don't have any pressure fed engines unless you are using Realism Overhaul.

If you are using Realism Overhaul then you will also have tanks which are highly pressurized.

Again, not every tank is (AND THAT IS OK) and not every tank part can be configured to contain different tank types. (THAT IS ALSO OK)

You should probably consider installing Procedural Tanks or ROTanks if you want to have more tanks that you can configure with different tank types. 

@George the astronaut ok so that answer is probably not what I would have liked to give before waking up and having some coffee but this set of exchanges isn't working.

Coming in here with 'it isn't working' isn't how you ask for help. The only information you've offered so far is that you can't change the tank type but that isn't really a problem because you are not meant to be able to change the tank type on every tank. It's only really needed for procedural tank types so you can custom design a tank for your specific needs. There are plenty of other tank types of assorted sizes to fit your needs. Default will do fine for most situations. 

I can design and assemble rockets that will put probes or crewed modules or station parts in orbit using only stock + RSS + Real Fuels + Stockalike Engines. Blindfolded with one hand tied behind my back and asleep.

So if you want help you better start providing more information. Screenshots detailing what you're trying to do and where it's going wrong. (including the part PAW menu) and if there are errors involved, logs and ModuleManager.ConfigCache file.

But if you keep just saying 'it doesn't work' then I'm going to start ignoring that. And if the only complaint is that you can't change the type of the tank then I don't care if you can do that or not because not being able to do that is the default condition. That is to say, it is by design that you are not able to change the tank type. 

Edit: Actually, make your log files available for download along with your ModuleManager.ConfigCache file whether or not there are errors. Do that before anything else so I can see what else you have installed and what versions are installed. Zip them up and put them on Dropbox. If you don't have a Dropbox account then make one at www.dropbox.com

Edited by Starwaster

• 2 weeks later...

@Starwaster I am having a issue with KSP 1.8 (Who isn't!} and the RealFuels mod in regards to the stock Squad RCS tanks. When I install REalFuels, the tanks have no monopropellant and no option to fill them. The Other fuel tanks seem to work tho. My install is lightly modded at this point, mostly graphic mods for now (BetterSRBs, Chatterer, ChopShop, CraftManager, EVE, ExtendedAntennaProgression, KerbalEngineer, HyperEdit, KSP-AVC, KXAPI, MechJeb2, MissingHistory, PhysicsRangeExtender, PreciseEditor, RealChute, RealFuels, RealPlume, RealTimeClock2, PicoPorts, SmokeScreen, SVE, Tantares, TimeKeeper, ModuleManger 4.1.0, and of course, Squad and Squad Expansion) . As soon as I remove Realfuels, RCS tanks are good to go. 

Please let me know what info you need and I will round it up. Thanks for your help. I know this new update has everyone scrambling and I have patience. I am rebuilding my game pretty much a mod and it's dependencies at a time.

Thanks

Tsani

1 hour ago, Tsani said:

@Starwaster I am having a issue with KSP 1.8 (Who isn't!} and the RealFuels mod in regards to the stock Squad RCS tanks. When I install REalFuels, the tanks have no monopropellant and no option to fill them. The Other fuel tanks seem to work tho. My install is lightly modded at this point, mostly graphic mods for now (BetterSRBs, Chatterer, ChopShop, CraftManager, EVE, ExtendedAntennaProgression, KerbalEngineer, HyperEdit, KSP-AVC, KXAPI, MechJeb2, MissingHistory, PhysicsRangeExtender, PreciseEditor, RealChute, RealFuels, RealPlume, RealTimeClock2, PicoPorts, SmokeScreen, SVE, Tantares, TimeKeeper, ModuleManger 4.1.0, and of course, Squad and Squad Expansion) . As soon as I remove Realfuels, RCS tanks are good to go. 

Please let me know what info you need and I will round it up. Thanks for your help. I know this new update has everyone scrambling and I have patience. I am rebuilding my game pretty much a mod and it's dependencies at a time.

Thanks

Tsani

I don't think I want to troubleshoot this until the rebuild for KSP 1.8 is released. I have no idea how the latest public builds behave in 1.8

You'd *think* that it works for all the other tanks then it should work for the RCS tanks but actual troubleshooting needs to wait until I release.

(point of fact though; you shouldn't see the actual stock monopropellant resource in or for those tanks anyway. I don't see an engine pack mentioned in your list so thinking logically, RF removed monopropellant from the part and it is unsupported by the tank type and if you don't have an engine pack installed then there won't be an option to fill the tank with hydrazine or any other propellant....)

Ok. I will wait it out. I did have RealFuels Staock-Alike  installed but it was getting flagged so I pulled it out. I did check the Squad configs for the rcs tanks and they are calling for the resource,

RESOURCE
    {
        name = MonoPropellant
        amount = 750
        maxAmount = 750
    }

just as the other tanks call for theirs. Unless I have it figured wrong. Always a possibility.

I think its going to be spell before this all gets sorted out.

Thanks.

Edited by Tsani

I want to add more techlevels to engines (early and very poor ones).

@RFSETTINGS:FOR[RealFuels]
{
	@RF_TECHLEVELS
	{
		@ENGINETYPE[L]
		{
			TLISP8
			{
				key = 0 200	//vac
				key = 1 201	//seal
			}
			TLTWR8 = 34.7314
			TLCOST8 = 0.8314
			TLTECH8 = start
			TLTHROTTLE8 = 1
		}
	}
}

This works fine for #8. Is it possible to use numbers or designations below 0? Not working are letters such as A or negative numbers such as -1. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I currently working on my config for other mods and wondering that is it possible to have different engine configs for an engine with multiple modes (like the rapier engine could have limited ignition for close cycle mode and unlimited ignition for breathing mode)? It seems that ignition limit is completely not working with engines with multiple modes. I tried to use modes' ID and Engine index number but neither of them could work.

12 hours ago, strangeJim said:

I currently working on my config for other mods and wondering that is it possible to have different engine configs for an engine with multiple modes (like the rapier engine could have limited ignition for close cycle mode and unlimited ignition for breathing mode)? It seems that ignition limit is completely not working with engines with multiple modes. I tried to use modes' ID and Engine index number but neither of them could work.

If you're talking about working through ModuleEngineConfigs then I'm going to have to say no, that's probably not going to work.

You can specify ignitions on ModuleEnginesRF so do it there and don't add ignitions to any engine configs at all.

3 hours ago, Starwaster said:

If you're talking about working through ModuleEngineConfigs then I'm going to have to say no, that's probably not going to work.

You can specify ignitions on ModuleEnginesRF so do it there and don't add ignitions to any engine configs at all.

@MODULE[ModuleEngine*]:HAS[#engineID[AllEngines]] 
  {
    @name = ModuleEnginesRF
    @maxThrust = 2560
    @heatProduction = 145
    @atmosphereCurve
    {
      @key,0 = 0 282
      @key,1 = 1 313
    }
    !PROPELLANT[LiquidFuel] {}
    !PROPELLANT[Oxidizer] {}
    !PROPELLANT[MonoPropellant] {}
    PROPELLANT
    {
      name = Kerosene
      ratio = 37.694087
      DrawGauge = True
      %resourceFlowMode = STACK_PRIORITY_SEARCH
    }
    PROPELLANT
    {
      name = LqdOxygen
      ratio = 62.305913
    }
	IspSL = 1.01
	IspV = 1.01
	throttle = 0.57
	ModuleEngineIgnitor
	{
		name = ModuleEngineIgnitor
		ignitionsAvailable = 4
		autoIgnitionTemperature = 800
		ignitorType = Electric
		useUllageSimulation = true
		IGNITOR_RESOURCE
		{
		name = ElectricCharge
		amount = 25.6
		}
	}
  }

You mean something like this?

@strangeJim

@MODULE[ModuleEngine*]:HAS[#engineID[AllEngines]] 
{
	@name = ModuleEnginesRF
	@maxThrust = 2560
	@heatProduction = 145
	@atmosphereCurve
	{
		@key,0 = 0 282
		@key,1 = 1 313
	}
	!PROPELLANT[LiquidFuel] {}
	!PROPELLANT[Oxidizer] {}
	!PROPELLANT[MonoPropellant] {}
	PROPELLANT
	{
		name = Kerosene
		ratio = 37.694087
		DrawGauge = True
	}
	PROPELLANT
	{
		name = LqdOxygen
		ratio = 62.305913
	}
	IspSL = 1.01
	IspV = 1.01
	throttle = 0.57
	ignitions = 4
	IGNITOR_RESOURCE
	{
		name = ElectricCharge
		amount = 25.6
	}
}

ModuleEngineIgnitor isn't used; it's a holdover from another mod and parts of it were used in RF. There is special handling for it in ModuleEngineConfigs but the module itself is non-existent. (i.e, MEC looks for MEI node and converts it to something useable)

Edit:

Clarification: ModuleEngineIgnitor does not exist at all as a class in Real Fuels.

Edited by Starwaster

• 1 month later...

I'm returning to KSP once again and in the process of trying to decide if I want to run 1.8.1 or 1.7.3 based on the available mod compatibility. I'm curious what RF's current status in regards to 1.8.1 compatibility is as the last mention of this KSP version was several months ago. I consider this one of my must-have mods so its likely that if its not compatible and will remain that way for some time, I'll opt for the older KSP version.

3 hours ago, SpacedInvader said:

I'm returning to KSP once again and in the process of trying to decide if I want to run 1.8.1 or 1.7.3 based on the available mod compatibility. I'm curious what RF's current status in regards to 1.8.1 compatibility is as the last mention of this KSP version was several months ago. I consider this one of my must-have mods so its likely that if its not compatible and will remain that way for some time, I'll opt for the older KSP version.

Soon. I've been inactive for awhile due to holidays, cat sanctuary matters and PC hard drive problems prompting an emergency (and sloppily done) data migration. I've just this week gotten things back together again with GitHub and Visual Studios. I already have a functioning Real Fuels for KSP 1.8 and now I just have to get it packaged up. I've had it for awhile actually but I wanted to make sure it was free of certain issues that came to light over a month ago and then just today it was brought to my attention that there was a UI issue that can pop up with slider UIs. (where if the min and max values are the same for UI_FloatRange it can lock up multiple PAW elements - basically everything after the first afflicted element)

So, expect it soon.