InfiniteDice -=Skillful=- Combat Damage & Weapons Mod

InfiniteDice

Sure... if you like that! lol

• Sorted out the electrical system for the turrets, now rotating or elevating any turret requires electric charge, also the auto turrets need electricity as well.

• IFF tags are now protected parts, they can survive insane collision,heat and are immune to Skillful weapons. They should be affixed as close to the center of the vessel, preferably on a very damage resistant part. - Each vessel should only have 1 tag, for R1 you need to ensure this, R2 may check for duplicate tags and disable it.

• Rebalanced the fire code a bit, heat from ground fires have different intensity and range based on what weapon caused it.

• Added code so Kerbals can fight fires on a vessel. Only partially tested.

• Fixed issues with ordnance loading/positioning/reloading. - seems to work fine now.

• Made 2 more Armour models, One is just a slab of thicker belt armour for ships/vehicles. The other is a wheel guard.

• Wrote up about 75% of the manual. - missing any pictures or video inserts.

What needs work:

1) Fix code needs bolstering, modules damaged are not all becoming fixed when they should.

2) Some FX orientations are off.

3) Need a part or solution for the manual turrets gun directors.

4) Need to add/test one more ordnance type 'Air-burst'. Which detonate at a specific alt. This should be changeable when flying, so you can adapt to different target altitudes.

5) Need to prep the code for release - get rid of garbage etc.

6) Finish user manual, make forum/spaceport image - write up spaceport info etc.

That about sums it up. Priority goes to #1, #4, #5, #6 - if I have time I'll then likely do #2, #3.

Had a fun mini battle last night, wherein I discovered #1... good thing I take 10 minutes every once in a while to actually play game... lol

huh... that's very... detailed... thanks!

Hello, fellow Sketchup user! *hides from modelers who know what they're doing*

Infinitedice, on a related note, what are you using for modeling?

I've always used 3dsmax. I think since it's first version. I've tried sketch-up and even took a look at blender... the layouts seem strange to me but you end up liking what you get used to. Really it's the person that makes the difference, but I do know there are some things that are much easier to do with max than in blender like compound objects, add, subtract, intersect, etc.

Small update:

• Fixed some nagging code bugs in the rocket pod. grrr

• cleaned up the code for the gun director - noticed rearward facing guns have improper elevation readouts... - trying to fix that.

• fixed the repair station as a skillful variant of the ICE part.

• Added 3 more component damage states, fixed some of the others

• Repair states all added.

• Added a slider control to adjust turret rotation/elevation speed.

• tweaked ordnance positioning.

• added new screen messages for loads/saves and the gun director.

Getting closer!

i have a question though...if .24 comes out first, will this still be compatable?

That is entirely dependent on how much Squad changes the code for the 0.24 release.

EDIT: Oh, and Infinite, is it easy to make UV maps in 3dsmax? I've benn looking for something that has an easy-to-use UV mapping tool, as Blender's is hard (but not impossible) to use, and sketchup doesn't have one AFAIK.

That is entirely dependent on how much Squad changes the code for the 0.24 release.

EDIT: Oh, and Infinite, is it easy to make UV maps in 3dsmax? I've benn looking for something that has an easy-to-use UV mapping tool, as Blender's is hard (but not impossible) to use, and sketchup doesn't have one AFAIK.

Likely something will break with .24, hopefully not too much!

Easy? hehe... I have a method that isn't too bad, but then again texturing gets the least of my time. With max what I do for simple models is make a multi-texture that has different elements/shades etc. then in the uvw mapper I just choose the faces flat mapped and break them into segments, then move/scale those segments over the part of the texture that is best suited to it. Some parts are broken down into separately mapped bits, that each use a different specific texture. So for the CIWS... the gun body uses a diffuse map. the barrels use a specular map.

If you just need something metallic looking you could use a very simple metal texture @ 512x512 or whatever, then just quickly uvw map it and choose box mapping/spherical mapping etc. For something like a metal gun barrel that's all it really needs. Then in unity make sure it's a KSP/specular.

For more advanced parts with writing on the side etc... I export the mapped layout and edit that map directly. As I edit/save the image file, 3dsmax updates it with the changes. I'm by no means a texturing guru, with doing everything myself I do the minimum to make a respectable appearance.

In the car world it's the 3ft rule... if it looks decent from 3ft away... it's good enough.... not looking to make show room parts. Maybe if I had a mod that was one or two parts I could spend that time. I'm dealing with over 15 parts here.

2mor1fn.png

Update:

Skillful needed more changes, so my date for release is tomorrow afternoon most likely. I'm really trying to catch all the errors, yet at the same time I'm out of modding time for a while so I want to nail this shut... unless there is a bug of course or they update to .24

The APC above should be included with the mod, it's currently 58 parts. You'll notice a few things:

• I changed the plain looking 'cab' armour with something a little nicer.

• There are wheel protectors now.

• See that little celtic swirly icon on the side? That is a decal part that essentially allows you to toss whatever icon or image onto a 512x512 transparent PNG... you can place them where you want. This should help you-tubers slap identification marks on things.

Later guys!

Edited by InfiniteDice

http://i59.tinypic.com/2mor1fn.png

Update:

Skillful needed more changes, so my date for release is tomorrow afternoon most likely. I'm really trying to catch all the errors, yet at the same time I'm out of modding time for a while so I want to nail this shut... unless there is a bug of course or they update to .24

The APC above should be included with the mod, it's currently 58 parts. You'll notice a few things:

• I changed the plain looking 'cab' armour with something a little nicer.

• There are wheel protectors now.

• See that little celtic swirly icon on the side? That is a decal part that essentially allows you to toss whatever icon or image onto a 512x512 transparent PNG... you can place them where you want. This should help you-tubers slap identification marks on things.

Later guys!

ok armor... what about weapons/ammo?

I'm so happy the wait is finally going to end tomorrow. I can finally start progressing again in my military save!

... Military... SAVE?! Why didn't i thought on that! I was doing all my military things on my "Messing around with Mods" save lol, i will atleast have all my tanks and stuff on the same save lol, thanks for the idea :P

I CANT WAIT FOR 3:00!! Or ANY TIME IN THE AFTERNOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!::0.0::0.0::0.0:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.