InfiniteDice -=Skillful=- Combat Damage & Weapons Mod

InfiniteDice

It didn't help, guardMode still off. This button change real Autotrack parameter, but didn't turn on shooting at enemy vessel.

I misunderstood you.

It will only shoot at ENEMY vessels... you need to right click the IFF tag part on the other vessel to set it's side to Blue or Red... if the Guardian Turret is Blue... it will only shoot at vessels with a Red tag.

I'm sorry, English isn't my mother tongue, so it's may be hard to understand that i am speaking about. And thanks for help, i think that guardMode parameter must be "true" to

make turret attack vessels, but now i all figured out. And yet, thanks for a great mod!

The mighty land forces mover XL! Honestly I don't know if this is any improvement in efficiency... I've popped wheels twice...

Here the land forces mover is transporting 1 MBT 1 APC and 2 AA units to a location in the mountains, where they will become entrenched.

vwpbt4.png

Hey having loads of Fun, its so awsome. Just noticed one thing, when i load a bomb on the hard point, save the craft, launch it. When i come back to the SPH the models are gone for the bombs or rockets, however when you launch the craft the weapons show up and are functional? Weird!

Hey having loads of Fun, its so awsome. Just noticed one thing, when i load a bomb on the hard point, save the craft, launch it. When i come back to the SPH the models are gone for the bombs or rockets, however when you launch the craft the weapons show up and are functional? Weird!

Yes, funny thing is I recall noticing that a few days ago and forgot about it. I'll surely fix that.

I'm sure we'll notice more than a few issues as time goes on.

Thanks! Also why does it every time I destroy something, like a wing (I was having a dogfight:) ) it turns yellow. That's normal, however when I revert my flight, I haven't quick saved all the parts of the bomber are still yellow? I pretty sure this is a feature.

Oopps. I read the manual, the IFF tag does it.

Edited by Wolf123

Could you have guns by themselves, without the tank cockpit or the naval turret? It woulld help to make it more versatile and players could be more creative, and you could make howitzer artillery and stuff. You also mentioned to me on your youtube that the naval cannons would fit on r5 boat parts, but I think there should be different sized cannons to fit on destroyers and patrol boats instead of those massive cannons. If not, could you explain how i could mod a gun for myself?

Is it just me, or do shells normally phase through parts/the ground?

Edit: It seems a lot like a problem I've witnessed on other games. I'm not quite sure how your mod works, but perhaps there should be a trace between the projectile's position every tick to determine if it hits something that it would normally phase through.

Edited by Uberdude9001

It took me a while to even hit my "conventionaly placed light tank" i made a day before the initial release, i put it near the runway for some reason, and i noticed it there, so i just targeted it and started shooting... Didn't hit until i launched the Kratte (Kerbal version of the Ratte protoype) and i shot at it with the... Huge minigun turret thingy wich i don't remember its name...

I've noticed, none of the 60 (or so) missiles i launched hit the target, all of them missed for like 5 meters (Yep, i targeted the tank), i don't blame the mod, my skill is crap!

It took me a while to even hit my "conventionaly placed light tank" i made a day before the initial release, i put it near the runway for some reason, and i noticed it there, so i just targeted it and started shooting... Didn't hit until i launched the Kratte (Kerbal version of the Ratte protoype) and i shot at it with the... Huge minigun turret thingy wich i don't remember its name...

I've noticed, none of the 60 (or so) missiles i launched hit the target, all of them missed for like 5 meters (Yep, i targeted the tank), i don't blame the mod, my skill is crap!

The more the off angle the further you need to be away. 800m - 1.2km is the best , you should then fire them at a slight elevation. They fly straight for about 2 seconds before seeking. If you are too close, by time they fly ahead.. they can't make the turn and be accurate. If it was too easy it wouldn't be very fun! :)

Targeting will be easier with R2 I hope... I'll concentrate more on the finer things.

Updated the download, this is now resolved.

Bug report:

The rotatory 14 inch turret almost loses it's rotation ability after a quiqload or ship load from the tracking station. I say almost because it still retains the ability to rotate, but more less at a 10% of the normal speed. I think that this is a bug exclusive to the 14 inch turret (the tank turret and the rotatory machine gun seem to be ok).

Tested both with Stock KSP + Skillfull, and with a heavily moded KSP. Same results.

I hope this helps :)

Bug report:

The rotatory 14 inch turret almost loses it's rotation ability after a quiqload or ship load from the tracking station. I say almost because it still retains the ability to rotate, but more less at a 10% of the normal speed. I think that this is a bug exclusive to the 14 inch turret (the tank turret and the rotatory machine gun seem to be ok).

Tested both with Stock KSP + Skillfull, and with a heavily moded KSP. Same results.

I hope this helps :)

I've also noticed an odd behaviour in turret speed on occasion. Seems to go away with another load. I'll look into it.

I've noticed, the auto air turret (The one that tracks the target and its small), why does it has so crappy range? I mean, its like 5 or 10 meters of range, or is it just me? I try shooting at it and a red-black-white smoke appears, like it has detonated in the middle of the air, most of the times, that smoke only appears when i... Crash... Yea, i sometimes still have turrets on the cockpit and i start shooting :P (Atleast when the cockpit survives! :D)

Ugh, im trying to add the target prop to my Mk1 cockpit it wont show up. Iv done the steps, in my Mk1 cockpit Cfg I add the cockpit memory thing, then in my internal cockpit cfg, I know its the right one. I put the prop thing. I try using alt plus various keys, however nothing shows up. I know I mess up somewhere, any help? Thanks.:)

which weapons are movable and which aren't? i'm having really big trouble getting ANY to fire or move... the auto turret i've tried to get moving and firing with a rover moving back and forth... no luck... the only ones that do work are the hidden machine guns and the huge ship gun... i guess i'll just wait till there's a fw bug fixes before i download this again :/

also the lil auto turret looks like it's supposed to be mounted from the back but is surface atachable (no complaining but wish it had a node on the back for a rotatron)

I've noticed, the auto air turret (The one that tracks the target and its small), why does it has so crappy range? I mean, its like 5 or 10 meters of range, or is it just me? I try shooting at it and a red-black-white smoke appears, like it has detonated in the middle of the air, most of the times, that smoke only appears when i... Crash... Yea, i sometimes still have turrets on the cockpit and i start shooting :P (Atleast when the cockpit survives! :D)

It's likely that where you are mounting it it's bullets are clipping another collider that you can't see. Use the AA mobile gun included in the mod. Take off with a plane that has an 'enemy' IFF You'll see the bullets go further than 10 meters. :)

Right Shift + various keys.... if I have Alt in the manual that is a typo. Holding shift + up arrow will move it forward out the nose of your cockpit.

Practice moving the one on the 30 cal MG first... so you know you're moving it correctly.

Edited by InfiniteDice

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.