InfiniteDice -=Skillful=- Combat Damage & Weapons Mod

InfiniteDice

Can we expect tech tree support sometime soon, though?

I second that! PLEASE!

Those new things would be cool, like the sound of that 88mm! And also, one suggestion: Could you decrease the ROF of the tank turret? How fast it can chuck out shells now is pretty insane; I thought most tanks now were pretty lucky to get 6 shells a minute of they're trying to be accurate? Slower ROF may encourage people to place their shots rather than spam them; but could you also make the turret turn slightly swifter? I know its at reasonably realistic levels, but its a pain to move and fire at 10m/s...

Also, What's ICE? :huh:

Can we expect tech tree support sometime soon, though?

ok just so no one thinks i'm being negative i seoncd this too.

BUT i'd suggest making a "World war kerbin" (or whatever) tech tree... it wouldn't seem right to put it in the stock tech tree...

The zero's maneuverability was more due to its large engine making it easily able to outmaneuver old American Wildcat fighters and about on par with naval corsairs later in the war when the hellcat came out Zeros were shot down in droves by American pilots. Despite being significantly heavier the hellcat had bigger guns and a massive (comparatively speaking) engine making it no contest. Moral of the story weight reduction doesn't always mean better there is a critical balance between mass and power

- - - Updated - - -

If your referring to Zeros that was late war when the Japanese were out of spare parts and patching them with anything they could find

What about model 52: a6m5? It still retained better maneuverability. Zeroes were lighter, however. Look up your facts.

Edit: engine strength doesn't necessarily mean maneuverability. Explain to me why lagg-3's can't turn or go fast, but a yak 3 can turn more than twice as fast.

Edited by 736

ok just so no one thinks i'm being negative i seoncd this too.

BUT i'd suggest making a "World war kerbin" (or whatever) tech tree... it wouldn't seem right to put it in the stock tech tree...

It kinda does to me, though. Armor plating? Material sciences/construction changes. Guns? Basic ones early, later ones in space plane sections(avionics etc etc). Bombs? Rocket upgrades. CIWS style weapons? A.I. stuff. Missiles? Somewhere between drones and rocket upgrades.

Can't wait for space weapons.

I need to re-enact this:

Also, for the current weapons; could there be a "full auto" tweakable? It seems a tad silly that my fighter jets go put put.

As for a requested space weapon: Giant friggin charging main laser (I mean friggin HUEG). Instead of kinetic armor plates maybe powered shield emitters (Like in 1/4, 1/3, and 1/2 ratios...as in how they wrap around the ship...like procedural fairings but with energy envelopes...and the bigger the area to cover, the smaller a ratio you can use. So 1/2 ratio shields are very weak but made for small fighter craft. Whereas broader envelopes are made for bigger ships and are more concentrated.), so maybe introduce some heavyweight generators.

You could also do a joint weapon with KSP interstellar and include antimatter explosives. (would solve/explain power generation for space weapons/shields too)

And for inspiration for sound effects for the lasers (Or just general inspiration from Stan Bush)

I don't know if anyone else is getting this but every time I load a ship on the launchpad, it will most likely completely break apart

btw it's on the latest release

Sounds like a dll issue... old dll. Did you totally remove the old stuff... then install the new stuff? If not that should solve it.

I really like this mod, having guns on all the planes I build is cool. However none of the missiles or bombs show up on the build list, does anyone know how to fix this?

They are not parts you add the ordinance or rocket hard points (which are in the parts amongst the guns and armor) to your vehicle and in the VAB or SPH use the right click menu on the hard point to select your munitions

First choose a warhead

Then choose a weapon

Finall clcik load ordinance

I really like this mod, having guns on all the planes I build is cool. However none of the missiles or bombs show up on the build list, does anyone know how to fix this?

They are called from the hardpoint parts.

Add a hardpoint for ordnance or for rockets, then right click that to get the options.

Ah sorry I missed that bit. On fixed guns the DEL key doesn't fire them full auto, can it be set to another key?

Yes, and the Home key fires them full auto. ID still needs to edit the powerpoint. You can change the firing key from inside the gun's .cfg file. Open it with NotePad.

What is the speed of Man-Dingo fully armed?

Because I think I have bombs heavier than normal.

I lifted 125 and 250lb bombs easily with a Sopwith Camel unchanged in release before, but now it can lift only 1 125lb bomb at 20m/s speed.:huh:

And Man-Dingo's speed is 30 m/s when fully armed 60-70 m/s with only load of ww1 bombs and 111 m/s when empty.;.;

Swordfish from R4.5 Boat Parts is 7.5 m/s with some torps loaded.;.;

Is this and issue or an improvement?

Bombs look too heavy.:(

Every about few tons.:P

Edited by Djolox

Can you rebind the keys for turret movement on the 14inch/tank gun? I have tried changing it to uparrow/downarrow/leftarrow/rightarrow (for the respective direction) but It seems to not work.

Needs to be in the unity keyboard list. And remember they are case sensitive.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.