InfiniteDice -=Skillful=- Combat Damage & Weapons Mod

InfiniteDice

Unfortunately it seems that for whatever reason, in or out of control, this mod is dead. Pity, it had potential.

My mods are not dead :)

I've been doing small updates on all my mods, trying to sort out some of the smaller issues. The direction Skillful goes now is still the same as it was a few months back, although I'm taking it a bit easier now due to some unforeseen sickness in my family.

Lately most of my attention mod wise has been with the recently updated BoatParts mod, and now with the ICE code/videos I've been making.

Ah, you're back. I must bump this compatibility report then.

It seems like Skillful's causing a 'dry mass' problem with B9 HX parts in both pre-release and actual release. You see, the B9 parts suddenly had the "dry mass" feature added up in R5. For some reason, the bug only appears with HX parts so I'm guessing something's conflicting between the configuration of Skillful and B9's HX. I've double and triple-checked and it really seemed to be the root.

Attached below is the screenshot I posted back in B9's pre-release, back when we thought the bug was caused by the R5 release. As you can see, the part to the left has a dry mass of 10 while the right one actually has 32.

dPjd2kR.jpg

Ah, you're back. I must bump this compatibility report then.

It seems like Skillful's causing a 'dry mass' problem with B9 HX parts in both pre-release and actual release. You see, the B9 parts suddenly had the "dry mass" feature added up in R5. For some reason, the bug only appears with HX parts so I'm guessing something's conflicting between the configuration of Skillful and B9's HX. I've double and triple-checked and it really seemed to be the root.

Attached below is the screenshot I posted back in B9's pre-release, back when we thought the bug was caused by the R5 release. As you can see, the part to the left has a dry mass of 10 while the right one actually has 32.

I'll check it out - but yes that's strange.

I've been playing with adding guard mode to tanks and the battleship guns. haha... I gotta say this is pretty damn cool.

Just need to sort out and fine tune all the indirect fire calculations. Seems like warship battles are not too far away now!

Hey dice, i know for fact his has been asked, but I forgot what you said. Is there going to be aimers implemented? Especially for the tanks and naval guns.

In one way or another yes.

In terms of the battleship guns it might be simply called out. Bearing and elevation... What I might do is float the elevation and bearing data on the targeter and have them change colour when they are within a certain tolerance. I want to make it a bit easier of course, but not too easy. Therein lies the satisfaction and thrill of scoring hits!

Hello there! Great mod, I'm just having problems landing aircraft because it seems even minor impacts can cause damage and dysfunctionality in parts like landing gear (and the modules that they happen to be attached to).

Nice to se you back Dice,

Unfortunetly I have to report that your Mod breaks the MFD´s from RPM (by Mihara).

I would love it if you could take peek at what the cause might be.

BSR

Nice to se you back Dice,

Unfortunetly I have to report that your Mod breaks the MFD´s from RPM (by Mihara).

I would love it if you could take peek at what the cause might be.

BSR

I think his MFD breaks itself when it sees Skillful is there. LOL Honestly I do nothing with Gui so I have no clue why it would have a problem with Skillful.

Hello there! Great mod, I'm just having problems landing aircraft because it seems even minor impacts can cause damage and dysfunctionality in parts like landing gear (and the modules that they happen to be attached to).

Yes the code needs some tweaks and perhaps a new condition to evaluate. If you have skype - we can have a chat and I'll sort this out and get this working well. PM me your details and I can then get that craft file from you.

I think his MFD breaks itself when it sees Skillful is there. LOL Honestly I do nothing with Gui so I have no clue why it would have a problem with Skillful.

Ok thanks for the info, will ask Mihara then to take a look :)

Hey Dice curious - did you have to activate each weapon individually, as well as make mechjeb move the ships? Or have you made primitive movement AI and a central point to activate all weapons? If so, launching them one by one becomes a minor problem..... Decent progress anyway, good to see this mod alive and well!

Lots of changes on the way. Had to deal with a very serious family issue the last few weeks.

Changes coming:

1) Guard mode for air defense turrets can now be set to target UFO's (targets not on red or blue) (CIWS and auto-air turret)

2) Interesting damage handling, with dynamic mesh deformations (experimental)

3) Improved missile accuracy for Heat seeking SAMS.

4) Destructible building interaction

5) Guard mode now extended to bearing and elevation style ground to ground turrets. (battleship guns, tank turret, 30 cal Coax. and TurboLaser)

6) Flak 88 is almost done (expect some insane AAA once this is operational)(release date not set)

7) More armour! I expect to be adding all kinds of crazy armour variants. (heat reflecting, explosive-reactive and ground based countermeasures)

8) Totally custom radar tracking and radar signatures, radar evasion and ECM. (release date not set)

To me mouse aiming only has it's place with quick turrets, I've already added it to the ball-style turrets. It needs some cleaning up though I'd like to change the cursor to a targeter for example.

I've talked with Bahamuto about getting this to work together and I think the general consensus is at this point it would be too much work. My damage system needs loads of variables to calculate the chance for every hit to penetrate based on every parts makeup. I'd essentially have to extend my code to allow for the interaction then he'd have to plug in a bunch of data for all the variations.

Skillful is and always will be different in feel to BD Armouries. Hopefully they will play well together, at this point that's all we can hope for.

So what have I been working on?

Fixed

muzzle flash visible in hangar.

gun elevation spam

persistant damage highlighting yellow - now times out

Added

Audible bearing indicator - manual aiming aide - the higher the pitch the better the angle.

IVA turret elevation readout.

Dynamic per vertex crash/weapon impact mesh deformation (non-persistent).

UFO targeting by CIWS/auto-air - engages vessels without a team if it's a potential threat. This would include BD/romfarer missiles

5 new armour parts

turret ground - ground guard mode.

support for destructable building damage

Tweaked

Missile tracking

SAM missile self destruct on deviation from target

Sam missile range increased slightly.

Prototype

Trophy vehicle defense system - intercepts high speed incoming objects and can destroy them out to 10m away.

Edited by InfiniteDice

ok sorry for being a complete utter ass here but is there a way to load up your boat parts without needing to run the weapons/damaged plugins/modules? or do i have to go into each config file and edit it out?

your boats were great and i sorta miss having them :(

If you don't need them to sink you can just bypass skillful. The module references do not matter, if that module isn't there it might make a warning once in the log but that's it.

Edited by InfiniteDice

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.