InfiniteDice -=Skillful=- Combat Damage & Weapons Mod

InfiniteDice

• 1 month later...

Also I added the KAS grabbable code to the 30cal.... it shoots yay! But wont turn, I assume this is because there is no e/c? This was in the interest of those wanting kerbal-held weapons. Maybe the rocket hardpoint could be made grabbable as well? Although im not sure if the rockets would do damage as jeb has no IDFF.

Is there a way to mod the idff into kerbals as they eva similar to the Eva Chutes?

Hey Infinite Your mod is great and all but one problem... How do I shoot!??!?!? Ive made crafts and put batteries and ammo boxes on and an IFF system on but it wont shoot. Is it Because I downloaded the mod wrong? This is the first mod Ive done and I have all the parts and stuff but I cant use them. Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

TROUBLE: I am having a problem where i installed the mod and when i tried to load one of the crafts it said "Cannot load, parts missing: ICE_weight" why am i missing it? i am pretty sure i have module manager properly installed and i don't know if this is a problem with the update or what?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Godz I need this...but I love BDArmory and have made so much with it. can't abandon landships. but can make better ones. no, can't abandon them. must protect. must have. can't decide...! *mind explodes*

- - - Updated - - -

It's unlikely as the designs are too different. You're not the only one who doesn't like the weapons models - personally I think it's simply because I put low priority on them, I've always been more focused on the details of how the weapons interact with the damage system and not on aesthetics :) Also the very nature of Skillful means it's not simple to use at times. I've been trying to make it a bit easier but I never set out to make an arcade shootem up.
I heard this has big turrets. the biggest guns in bd armory are 120mm abrams turrets. I want bigger guns for landships. If you can give me a part that can do as good or better than what its bd armory counterpart can then I will get this mod and sacrifice mmy current landship designs i've spent the hours on to make awesome and battleship like but on land with the maritime pack.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't care that much about weaponsmodels. if they shoot, make things go boom, and are awesome than I'm happy. unless they all turn out to be a hand flicking me off.

• 2 weeks later...
Updated to 1.0.5, just making it play with the newest version of the game.

The goal of Skillful was never weapons. Though it quickly turned into that. Long ago all there was was the gun DYJ created and missiles/lazer that Romfarer had created. Weapons that would either destroy or not destroy a part. I wanted to put a damage system of some kind in place so I asked Rom about it and he wasn't interested in doing it. I started making Skillful a week or so later.

So Skillful was always a damage mod, but registering hits from DYJ's or Rom's stuff wasn't where I wanted to go, for it to work I had to make my own weapons... The other weapons that existed at the time were OP. In my mind everything is still OP. Needless to say Skillful then slowly fell into a weapons mod as that's the only way I could keep the damage system working within a confined set of rules. This led to feature creep and the eventual burn-out.

Skillful hasn't really been worked on for over a year now, but still stands out for a few features that haven't yet been copied by other modders. Torpedoes, deforming mesh damage, armour that works like armour, dynamic fires, leaks, repairs, reloading eva from other vessels in range, land based fires that will heat parts facing it within a range. Missiles and guns that can hit targets well beyond visual range (guns up to 8km and missiles 99km I believe).

With the many changes to KSP as things accelerated to the 1.0 release I found I had less and less time and/or desire to expand upon and keep peoples interest in the mod - having 2 kids, a full time job and being 40 it was becoming an issue with my private life. In any case this remains as it was at the 0.90 release, no further changes were made except to keep it alive in 1.0.5. This very well may be the last update for Skillful, thanks to all those who used it and enjoyed it - it sure was a blast at times making this!

TTFN - ID Edited by InfiniteDice

Surprised to find Skillful got updated, and I'll probably miss this mod after KSP 1.1. It's just wonderful.
After all, the reason why at first I decided to work on naval weapons was Skillful, but I wanted better visual performance and a simpler way to deal with all the damages, which led our modding team and me to BDArmory. I have learned so much from Skillful and it'll be sad to see the mod ends.

Thank you for all this ID, and wish you a good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've downloaded the mod and the module manager and I've found that I'm missing a bunch of part.cfg files. Could somebody do me a favour and email these part.cfg files to [email protected]:

IDAim9K

IDKLU-82b

IDIau68Rocket

IDMk84Bomb

IDOrdChute

IDReticle

IDType91T

IDWW1Bomb

IDZRocket

SSN-VLS-Trident

My thanks to you in advance.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, eddie d said:

I finally figure out how to download Skillful Weapons and Damage mod but now I don't know how to fire the weapons.  Can anyone help me? 

Welcome to the forums!

If you have a question about a specific mod, you'd probably do better to go find the thread for that specific mod, and ask your question there.  You're more likely to find someone who knows the mod and can help you with your particular problem.

Search for it in the "Add-on Releases" forum.

Edited by Snark

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.