InfiniteDice -=Skillful=- Combat Damage & Weapons Mod

InfiniteDice

This all sounds really ambitious, yet ID has a track record of delivering!

It marries beautifully with Firespitter, of course, but with auto gun emplacements, there's scope for deep fortress/base building. Interesting to see if a modder fancies the challenge?

I'm talking more than parts - the ability to deploy and resupply a base would be essential. A fixed KerbTown would help.

Having a base that's shot to pieces but still grimly hanging on could be quite a sight!

While I can see some old school guns going with FireSpitter, your not gonna wanna use prop planes vs CIWS hardened targets.

As far as setting up and resupplying bases here is a few parts I have been using with great results:

Hooligan Labs Runways and Platforms- Just using the shortest runway from this pack, probe core on the bottom, lander lags all along the side, and double aresster wires. With a crazy rocket its possible to shoot this runway anywhere on Kerbin via sub-orbital flight....just use LOTS of chutes =)

Kethane- for refueling....Ive also been skydroping refueling trucks to my base locations.

LackLusterLabs- Only using a few parts from this pack, but they are by far the best! There are 2 size building blocks that are KAS enabled...you can load a bunck of KAS bockes with them, land that at your base, and use eva Kerbal to build walls, building and enplacements. Also using the 2 power generators, the fuel generator, and the windmill from this pack. Not only useful for keeping the base running, but also KAS enabled...and the make damn good lookin targets =P

Kas of course....not only for the above....I use the winches as fuel lines, even run a couple on the Narwhall for this reason (plus it validates having kerbals run around on the flight deck and possibly in the 'danger zone' (YES pun intended!)).

Keep in mind some of this is dangerous...eps the runway...Guns are not even released yet and my KSP install im gonna use for war has 7 dead so far lol. Good stuff =)

Idunno, I think it's doable. Barely. But you have to fly a very Stuka-like trajectory to do it and hope the phalanx guns decide the bomb you just dropped is a higher priority target.

I think the way it works now the bomb would need an IFF tag to become a target for the defense guns. That seems like a silly thing to put on your own bombs :)

On the other hand, it would be an awesome thing to put on some chaff/flares! You start hearing the lock on beep from the enemy guns and deploy flares from your hopefully limited supply (or maybe they have a cooldown)

There you go InfiniteDice, throwing fuel on the fire :)

(Contrary to the normal suggestion routine, please do not implement this feature yet, I don't want you to go insane just yet and have to do an emergency brainectomy)

My bombs are currently laz0r missiles released from a decoupler, which AFAIK would be targeted by the guns as-is.

Not even I'm 100% sure if the bombs would be targeted... as I used specific code for targeting the missiles.

My bombs will not be targeted, the players aircraft will be... that should keep things interesting enough :)

On a side note... Made some excellent progress today. The bombs are now coded to match the newer projectile code, I did some tests tonight that were downright awesome. I added back in a tiny bit of code to allow the boatparts to sink from excessive damage, and that seems to be working fine.

Going to move on to setting up the ordinance resource for loading bombs, I already have a sample of this code from ICE as well as gun ammo so shouldn't take long at all to get that working.

It's hard to say how many days it will be for it all to come together. This is a lot of work, just tweaking some of the code then tuning to get it balanced is taking a toll on me. As I mentioned before once it has a solid base, I'll work up a save game, with a target and perhaps a few aircraft ready to roll at the ksc, then I'll do the release video and put the download up.

Later guys.

not trying to be annoying or anything, but one thing that really bugs me is when people release videos of there indev not released mods and they look absolutely perfect for a full release version (by my standards) and im sorry to say but this appears to be one of those mods. no offense at all, but do you have high expectations with your mods ? im just curious.

Yes 123nick... I take my stuff seriously. High standard to me means everything should work as I planned, and the code shouldn't throw errors. (or as few as possible is nice). I've had times in the past when I thought it was good, only to realize that a few small but important things were broken. To me it's a lot more stressful releasing something half done and getting 30 messages telling me it's not working right.

On a side note: Here's one for Krosulhah!

dbtv8y.png

An order of 1 Tallboy, and 32 250lb bombs.... coming right up!

"What does it mean for the mod since multiplayer was announced by Squad?"

What is this about multiplayer?

Did I miss something? Is squad making multiplayer? Or is this a badly worded KMP mention?

You should really follow the news feed....

During KerbKon Squad said that multiplayer is planed for full release.

Just for sake of curiosity, what would one need to do to make a modulemanager file to make stock aircraft parts armored? Definitely not as tough as the ground armor, but tough enough that good air-to-air dogfights are possible (when multiplayer comes . . . >:])

Or would you need to make multiple meshes/textures and basically whole new parts for the 'shot to pieces' look?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.