InfiniteDice -=Skillful=- Combat Damage & Weapons Mod

InfiniteDice

The round is not coded to spawn at the base of the barrel. The round is coded to spawn at a position .25 m ahead of the gun @ the velocity of the vessel + the added force of the projectile.

So technically it doesn't have an issue.

But... When you factor in when the code is being called, the actual position of the vessel may have advanced slightly thus the bullet instantiates inside the collider of another part. For collision reasons, the bullet collider is also much larger than you think, so clearance around the front of the barrel is critical.

As mentioned I'll adjust the spawn point further from the barrel to alleviate the problem.

Ok then that makes sense glad that's a clear:)

Also when replacing the IDWeapons.dll file do you need to restart ksp in order for it to take affect? Just asking cause my antivirus software(Norton) which I don't use anymore deleted it so I just put it back in.

Ok then that makes sense glad that's a clear:)

Also when replacing the IDWeapons.dll file do you need to restart ksp in order for it to take affect? Just asking cause my antivirus software(Norton) which I don't use anymore deleted it so I just put it back in.

A norton the antivirus virus

Ignore whatever it says

I tried to post this message earlier but it apparently somehow didn't go through.

The first issue I posted seems to be getting addressed regarding the internal machine guns hitting itself.

The other thing that I want to mention is some kind of issue with the Procedural Wings mod. The Damage system in Skillful for some reason, fairly consistently, registers the procedural wings as damaged. It seems to have something to do with the procedural control surfaces that are part of the mod as well, possibly. They still mostly work but the control surfaces can't be used as flaps and the procedural wings will highlight yellow upon launch which is a bit irritating. I haven't tested if this is also an issue with procedural fairings, but if it is it would likely be much more of a problem as you'd quite likely not be able to decouple them.

Also, while playing I found that I would very much like to have an expansion of action group functionality of the weapons, mainly to allow the "Control This" to be toggled by action group which as far as I have been able to see isn't currently possible. It would make dealing with activation of weapons much easier.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

EDIT: I found my post again. Apparently there was a huge delay with it actually showing up, and it got a little buried before I checked the thread again. Sorry for reposting this.

Edited by Nagho

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/61392145221294j1328/5C21FA5585460354CF0ADE8F16C41038A752CCCB/

Got the Firespitters mod with skillful and I just landed this baby after shooting down a bomber with a pair of 30 cals!

Love this mod so much but I don't use the torpedoes for anything any suggestios for other mods that allows me to use the weapons to the fullest?

It's called actually using the torpedoes

Yeah I get that but what do I use them on??? ive already made a couple craft that can use the torpedoes but seeing as their are no boats I don't quite see how I can use them to blow up a tank.

1) Roll something down the runway... enter the water at 5m/s and use rocket engines to slowly get out in the water... then torpedo them.

2) Use the firespitter launch to water module... slap it on a bunch of big orange fuel tanks... then they will spawn out in the water. - Torpedo those... :)

On a side note I figured out the internal MG issues. Fixed a few issues... so when I do another release the whole guns shoot my plane issue will be gone.

1) Roll something down the runway... enter the water at 5m/s and use rocket engines to slowly get out in the water... then torpedo them.

2) Use the firespitter launch to water module... slap it on a bunch of big orange fuel tanks... then they will spawn out in the water. - Torpedo those... :)

On a side note I figured out the internal MG issues. Fixed a few issues... so when I do another release the whole guns shoot my plane issue will be gone.

Dude you tear through bugs like a madman!

Yay that's great and I will try those as well.

Oh an idea maybe for skillful ,a item part that is basically an IED or attachable bomb that you can detonate remotely? Good for ramming and traps possibly.

Edited by Frostbenjamin

Yay that's great and I will try those as well.

Oh an idea maybe for skillful ,a item part that is basically an IED or attachable bomb that you can detonate remotely? Good for ramming and traps possibly.

Variations of the sea mines from BoatParts R4 will be made contact and timed.

Yeah I get that but what do I use them on??? ive already made a couple craft that can use the torpedoes but seeing as their are no boats I don't quite see how I can use them to blow up a tank.

get the R4 boats mod. Even though the parts aren't compatible with the weapons, you can just make a boat out of structural panels, then slap on a bunch of ballast tanks to the bottom, a rudder and a keel. Worked for me. You can drop them from wwii planes, like the B5n, ince you have firespitter.

Ive posted these pictures on this thread before, when I was asking about armor piercing on torpedoes, but they'll do for now.

v1bQRqX.png

VBoYrQk.png

The Japanese "Kate" dropping a torpedo:

2uxUWjJ.png

Here's my new one; its the Af-2 Guardian, the biggest single-propeller, carrier US plane. The bomb bay is made from the cylindrical armor plates.

xvP0YSD.png

Thank you so much! Yet another reason why you sir are an amazing modder. Sorry if I was bugging you about this (heh heh see what I did there?) but I'm so happy you've fixed it.

Hey ID, are you willing to add the ability to fire missiles from missile pods separately? And different size torpedoes? If so, could you also add a torpedo tube, for launching off submarines and boats, and some that carry multiple torpedoes (like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_32_Surface_Vessel_Torpedo_Tubes) that uses the same or similar code to the rocket pods?

and naval mines?

Edited by 736

get the R4 boats mod. Even though the parts aren't compatible with the weapons, you can just make a boat out of structural panels, then slap on a bunch of ballast tanks to the bottom, a rudder and a keel. Worked for me. You can drop them from wwii planes, like the B5n, ince you have firespitter.

Ive posted these pictures on this thread before, when I was asking about armor piercing on torpedoes, but they'll do for now.

http://i.imgur.com/v1bQRqX.png

http://i.imgur.com/VBoYrQk.png

The Japanese "Kate" dropping a torpedo:

http://i.imgur.com/2uxUWjJ.png

Here's my new one; its the Af-2 Guardian, the biggest single-propeller, carrier US plane. The bomb bay is made from the cylindrical armor plates.

http://i.imgur.com/xvP0YSD.png

OOOH pretty! Ok then I'll download the R4 Boats mod I would've done it earlier but I was afraid that skillful would make it crash since it was not 100% compatible but this looks really exciting!

Hey guys,

Another update is nearly ready. I actually found some big issues from the 0.23.5 update. A lot of the crafts I had made with 0.23 seemed to have wheel issues. Bouncing, and breaking wheels all the time. I had to reshuffle some of the designs, perhaps they did something with the wheels - colliders or whatever.

In any case I found a bunch of little things that were broken and they are also fixed. Only a few things left on my list for this time around. Should be done tomorrow sometime.

G'night! :)

Hey guys,

Another update is nearly ready. I actually found some big issues from the 0.23.5 update. A lot of the crafts I had made with 0.23 seemed to have wheel issues. Bouncing, and breaking wheels all the time. I had to reshuffle some of the designs, perhaps they did something with the wheels - colliders or whatever.

In any case I found a bunch of little things that were broken and they are also fixed. Only a few things left on my list for this time around. Should be done tomorrow sometime.

G'night! :)

Yay that's great!:D I was wondering why all my vehicles wheels were destroyed whenever I loaded the game. And you say tomorrow? My god your awesome! yayayayayayayay:D

WOW ID great Work!!!:D Anyway people who are experiencing lag with their game, go to this Space port download, http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/fps-fix-performance-tweak-guide/ , the Author basically just tweaks the setting.cfg and changes some values which make it run sooo much faster like 30 to 60 plus! So you just replace your setting.cfg with the new one downloaded! Its awesome, if your ground is really dark put Terrain shader SM3 on and restart your game, took me a while to figure it out. This tweak is not mine, but of the authors, I just thought it would help because some people are expiring lag! :D

THIS MOD IS EPIC

with that note, time to report something slightly annoying (but not game breaking with this mod)

when using a missile on a jet that goes above a certain speed, notably around 300 m/s, the missiles cant keep up and lag behind

I feel like the missiles should have added velocity or just be faster in general

EDIT: I have also discovered that speeds over 200 m/s cause the guns to destroy my own aircraft

Edited by harpwner

THIS MOD IS EPIC

with that note, time to report something slightly annoying (but not game breaking with this mod)

when using a missile on a jet that goes above a certain speed, notably around 300 m/s, the missiles cant keep up and lag behind

I feel like the missiles should have added velocity or just be faster in general

EDIT: I have also discovered that speeds over 200 m/s cause the guns to destroy my own aircraft

As far as guns destroying your aircraft thts been a problem for a bit but will get fixed in the next release. As for the missiles not being able to go over 300ms well that's actually realistic in irl. .23.5 has kinda done a number on skillful like the guns destroying your aircraft and themselves. that was never a problem before the nasa mission update. And as far as ID has told us there will be a new update for skillful today addressing lots of bugs.:)

Spaceport download is updated. Please completely remove the old files then install the new stuff. A lot of small things were changed in this update.

Don't have time to go over it all I'll fill in the details later, busy day today!

As usual note any issues here. Enjoy! :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.