InfiniteDice -=Skillful=- Combat Damage & Weapons Mod

InfiniteDice

Just for sake of curiosity, what would one need to do to make a modulemanager file to make stock aircraft parts armored? Definitely not as tough as the ground armor, but tough enough that good air-to-air dogfights are possible (when multiplayer comes . . . >:])

Or would you need to make multiple meshes/textures and basically whole new parts for the 'shot to pieces' look?

No clue about modulemanager. All the parts in your game will get included if you wanted to add some additional armour parts you could do that. All stock parts are considered mostly aluminum, so can't take too much punishment from anything larger than a 7.62mm - That doesn't mean it will fall apart on the first shot, but the likelihood of it becoming damaged is higher.

I'll likely make simple curved sheet armour to slap onto planes. Just realize that it will add mass so using it lightly around vital components will be the best option.

I've been toying with basic defensive AI for ships, not something that will likely be in the first release.

I really like the idea of having to add armor to craft. Not only is it more realistic, but it actually adds another layer of gameplay.

Can make light fast hitting craft, or heavy well armored but slow beasts of war!

Of all the mods Ive waited for to release, have to this one tops em! I have a whole install dedicated to kerbals fighting with this mod. Not even an alpha release and its already provided me with hour upon hour of gameplay and fun. Gonna be silly when I can put hands on the boom boom =)

Once its out Ill have to post pics of the most Kerbal sub-orbital weapon ever....the Suicide Drop Pod!!! Capable of decimating area ground targets...or getting a green dude pointlessly killed....we shall see!! WE.....SHALL..........SEE!

InfiniteDice is there any chance for some artillery pieces, such as howitzers, field guns and mortars.

The battleship turret could be considered artillery, but for first release I don't think there will be any specialized artillery guns. Another 2nd release candidate will be flak guns, which is basically artillery.

(image snip)

Aerial Torture!

(image snip)

la torture de l'eau!

Wow, simply wow! It looks liek you have found a way to set fire to planes. and the 2nd picture looks liek you have got a few naval ships slugging it out! I like, i like ! ! Maybe now we can do a Space Battleship as in Space Battleship Yamato, Or Star Blazers and know in Japan.

I don't check kerbal space program forums for a couple a days, and back you just come out with some of the coolest features! I like, I like a lot. So, is this when bullets or shells hit a aircraft/ship? It explodes and awesome some particles, or is it just some special tracer or incendiary rounds that do this, anyway best work anywhere! Great job!:D

I don't check kerbal space program forums for a couple a days, and back you just come out with some of the coolest features! I like, I like a lot. So, is this when bullets or shells hit a aircraft/ship? It explodes and awesome some particles, or is it just some special tracer or incendiary rounds that do this, anyway best work anywhere! Great job!:D

After being hit, checks are made and parts can catch fire, there are a lot of different conditional requirements. Fires can spread and some parts are not fire friendly...

The hit effect is a spark like effect that doesn't stick around too long, what you see in the pics is the is the small burning FX I made (on the aircraft with multiple instances) and on the ship is the larger one. I'll have different effects for different situations. One shoe does not fit all in this case :)

After being hit, checks are made and parts can catch fire, there are a lot of different conditional requirements. Fires can spread and some parts are not fire friendly...

The hit effect is a spark like effect that doesn't stick around too long, what you see in the pics is the is the small burning FX I made (on the aircraft with multiple instances) and on the ship is the larger one. I'll have different effects for different situations. One shoe does not fit all in this case :)

Absoultely awsome, much, much better then i thought! Awsome job, keep up the great Work. I just thought it was a FX when you got shot, but no you got to raise the bar up to space! Modder's these days, JK:D

2cijll5.png

More and more things keep falling off the list. No roadblocks in sight other than work to get it done. Tweaking boatparts as I go as they'll need to work hand in hand and that is slowing me down. Had to fiddle with code for 3 hours after a few changes led to back results.

Above a ship is on fire after a hit to it's #1 turret.

http://i39.tinypic.com/2cijll5.png

More and more things keep falling off the list. No roadblocks in sight other than work to get it done. Tweaking boatparts as I go as they'll need to work hand in hand and that is slowing me down. Had to fiddle with code for 3 hours after a few changes led to back results.

Above a ship is on fire after a hit to it's #1 turret.

Your spoiling us with does pictures, keep em coming:D awesome job

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.