InfiniteDice -=Skillful=- Combat Damage & Weapons Mod

InfiniteDice

Will there be Railguns (as in, the electro-magnetic kind)?

Doesn't matter to me what they're called, I just dig high-velocity kinetic energy weapons, so I'll second this request. :)

Also, and again, modern tank munitions (e.g. Main battle tank type stuff), high fire rate large caliber guns (I'm talking A-10 GAU-8 Avenger cannons, along with maybe a BIGGER brother, heh heh!), and a lead computing gunsight slash targeting director for all of it. These are a few of my favorite things. ;)

So, yes please, add hyper-velocity railguns to the list, lol.

Later! :D

Will there be Railguns (as in, the electro-magnetic kind)?

In this release no, I already have my hands full!

Today I made some radical changes to the way the CIWS functions, for the better. I made some optimizations and doubled the frame rate observed while 3 turrets were tracking and firing on my aircraft. This is good news as my previous suggestion was for 1 CIWS per 3 km. Now I'll suggest people limit these to 2 or 3 in the same area. Not only is the speed boost better for gameplay it also allows the guns to function as they should.

Did some work balancing the fire code. Now you can select how much ammo (up to a limit) that an ammo crate will start with. I've added damage for lights, and fuel lines.

More to come soon.

hey i think you should have a anti missile system and have small arms for the kerbals if that is possible and i have been looking for a mod like this for a long time

The CIWS is just that. It'll take out enemy vessels, or Lazor missiles. I don't have a neutral auto-classification to hostile yet. So essentially any missile tagged as hostile it will try to intercept. I could easily make a few conditions to check that would simply shoot anything down, but I haven't refined that part of it yet.

I don't have any plans at this moment to make kerbal held weapons, if another person wanted to do that they could contact me once this mod is released and I would instruct them on how they could set up their creation to work within skillful.

InfiniteDice, could you tell us what is planned to be in the first release so we don't get our hopes up about railguns, only to find none in the first release?

EDIT: Also, was thinking of new parts for this mod, and I thought slap-on howitzers/cannons to go on our A-10 Warthog ripoffs and to work with Infernal robotics hinges, much like the Gau19.

Edited by The Flitter

InfiniteDice, could you tell us what is planned to be in the first release so we don't get our hopes up about railguns, only to find none in the first release?

EDIT: Also, was thinking of new parts for this mod, and I thought slap-on howitzers/cannons to go on our A-10 Warthog ripoffs and to work with Infernal robotics hinges, much like the Gau19.

Shouldn't get hopes up for anything really! If something were to crap-out on me (like bad luck at the crap table) :) and push comes to shove, I'd have to pull it from the first release.

What I plan for R1:

Guns:

7.62mm - simple internal gun (barrel sticking out)

7.62mm - automated aircraft turret (like CIWS but can't take out missiles, intermittent fire rate)

30 cal - Machine Gun with simple traversing

50 cal - simple internal gun (barrel sticking out)

30mm DEFA style autocannon

30mm CIWS

127mm Tank Turret (rotation/elevation)

14" Battleship Turret (rotation/elevation)

All the above can fire HE, Incendiary or AP rounds.

Ordinance:

ww1 Style 125lb bomb

ww1 Style 250lb bomb

mk82 Style 500lb bomb - Cluster Bomb

mk84 Style 2000lb bomb

Tallboy 12,000lb bomb

Type 91 Aerial Torpedo

Some of the above available in HE, Incendiary, AP... with delivery types: Cluster, ******ed or airburst*.

Special Systems:

LAU-68 Rocket pod with 2.75" rockets*

Effects:

Ground Fires

Water Splashes

part fires (large and small)

Turret blast fx*

Other Parts:

Ammunition Depot/Crates

Ordinance Depot

Battleship Gun Director**

Armour plates (3 - 5 variants)

IFF tag for Combat simulation (saves vessel status, tracks friends and foes, etc.)

Ordinance Hardpoint (this is what the bombs attach to)

* Undecided for R1

** probably released as/with BoatParts R5.

That's all for now.

Shouldn't get hopes up for anything really! If something were to crap-out on me (like bad luck at the crap table) :) and push comes to shove, I'd have to pull it from the first release.

What I plan for R1:

Guns:

7.62mm - simple internal gun (barrel sticking out)

7.62mm - automated aircraft turret (like CIWS but can't take out missiles, intermittent fire rate)

30 cal - Machine Gun with simple traversing

50 cal - simple internal gun (barrel sticking out)

30mm DEFA style autocannon

30mm CIWS

127mm Tank Turret (rotation/elevation)

14" Battleship Turret (rotation/elevation)

All the above can fire HE, Incendiary or AP rounds.

Ordinance:

ww1 Style 125lb bomb

ww1 Style 250lb bomb

mk82 Style 500lb bomb - Cluster Bomb

mk84 Style 2000lb bomb

Tallboy 12,000lb bomb

Type 91 Aerial Torpedo

Some of the above available in HE, Incendiary, AP... with delivery types: Cluster, ******ed or airburst*.

Special Systems:

LAU-68 Rocket pod with 2.75" rockets*

Effects:

Ground Fires

Water Splashes

part fires (large and small)

Turret blast fx*

Other Parts:

Ammunition Depot/Crates

Ordinance Depot

Battleship Gun Director**

Armour plates (3 - 5 variants)

IFF tag for Combat simulation (saves vessel status, tracks friends and foes, etc.)

Ordinance Hardpoint (this is what the bombs attach to)

* Undecided for R1

** probably released as/with BoatParts R5.

That's all for now.

Thanks! But one question (apologies if I seem nosy): If someone already made an armor plate (w/ high crash tolerance, etc) will said plate be able to have code added to it to make it use the new armor system, or are the armor plates hard coded into the plugin?

Thanks! But one question (apologies if I seem nosy): If someone already made an armor plate (w/ high crash tolerance, etc) will said plate be able to have code added to it to make it use the new armor system, or are the armor plates hard coded into the plugin?

Some pages ago, Infinite stated that everything would be partModule based, so I guess it'll be possible.

I cannot wait as this mod looks and sounds really good. My Kerboko IB just needs arming and we are good to go.

By the way will the "7.62mm - automated aircraft turret" be a automated turret to put on bombers?

And a request for R2: A quad 50 emplacement (ww2 CIWS), duel gun aircraft turrets and AT artillery pieces (field guns).

...By the way will the "7.62mm - automated aircraft turret" be a automated turret to put on bombers?...

He's already making AA guns. Just use this in conjunction with IR to make a turret.

EDIT: Hope this mod didn't/won't die. InfiDice hasn't posted in 3 days...

Edited by The Flitter

OK I have been working on make new planes and tanks and trucks and stuff like that so when this mod comes out all i have to do is strap a lot of guns to it so i will do my best not to go nuts before this mod comes out and i got a 5th gen fighter aircraft up and running with 3 jets from the B-9 mod and a big old bombers met to drop the tall boy and will have on paper have 10 turrets and is huge yet i have no lag? SOOOOOOOOOOO just one last thing InfiniteDice keep up the epic work and don't have to much fun :wink: well see you in some time this week hope new stuff comes! :cool:

(Yay! Glad to hear that neither you or the mod are dead!)

Also, suggestion. You could ALSO take the cannon off of the turret and have that as a separate part for tank destroyers!

Perhaps use a system similar to what KAS uses to place stuff on Kerbals' backs (whatever that is)

Check the last page. He kinda denied it. Kinda.

Check the last page. He kinda denied it. Kinda.

It's not in the focus of the mod. I'm sure someone else will come along with those things. The closest I might get to that would be a mortar, which would be deployable but not hand-held.

Nearly finished the model for the CIWS system (goodbye placeholder model!)

17yb15.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.