[1.0.4] Smart Parts v1.6.6 | DDS Textures and Bug Fixes | July 5

Firov

52 minutes ago, Smart Parts Wanter said:

I'm sorry sir, did you perhaps, pulled back that release? Because I can only find 1.6.6 on the download page ( https://github.com/BrettWebb/KerbalSmartParts/releases

I was just about to try your wonderful mod for the very first time, but latest release doesn't seem to be accepted by my game version.

Thats because you are looking on the wrong page, try this:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/KerbalSmartParts/releases

• 2 weeks later...

@danielboro Good suggestion :)

And for future reference, when you want to tag someone in a post, type the @ symbol, then start typing the person's name... you'll see a list of user names drop down... As you type more characters, it narrows the search... You can either scroll down the list, or keep typing till the person you are looking for shows up... CLick the name, and it will be highlighted, such as yours above... Thats when you know you did it correctly...

And in case he isnt actually following this thread, here's his tag:  @linuxgurugamer

9 hours ago, danielboro said:

to

linuxgurugamer

hello

i have noticed, in the github fork map for smat parts that NobodysNightmare   (https://github.com/dragonfi/KerbalSmartParts/commit/6a4ca591d6a0534d8e21636f13fbde3383750c76)

made a speed smart part

think you can add it to the next update?

I will take a look at it.  Sounds interesting

12 hours ago, danielboro said:

to

linuxgurugamer

hello

i have noticed, in the github fork map for smat parts that NobodysNightmare   (https://github.com/dragonfi/KerbalSmartParts/commit/6a4ca591d6a0534d8e21636f13fbde3383750c76)

made a speed smart part

I've asked him for permission

On 7/7/2016 at 4:17 PM, Probus said:

@Firov, @linuxgurugamer, Can you make a smart part that can count the number of parts in a stage (such as on breakup) and if it changes trigger the abort action group?  

open a github issue, on my fork

OMG you are an angel  for keeping this mod a live! :)
This mod is not the biggest, but it really elevates the whole process of building probes or rockets in general!

I have one tiny request, could it be possible to implement a reset function on the fuel sensors and the possibility to monitor if the resource goes above instead of just below?
I got around this problem by using two sensors and a timer circuit in my last probe that used smart parts to automate functions like backup communication, though that was back in 0.25
I would actually really like to be able to flip the sensors fuel trigger and have two thresholds.

On 8/11/2016 at 5:40 AM, danielboro said:

to

linuxgurugamer

hello

made a speed smart part

Just released 1.8.1, which includes the speedometer smart part.  Took a while, need to get someone to make a model for it (he had just reused an existing one)

It's not a bug, just missing configs in Tweakscale.

For now, create a .cfg file with the following:

@PART[km_smart_speed] 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = free
    }
}

@PART[km_prox_sensor] 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = free
    }
}

and put it anywhere in the GameData directory

1 hour ago, Cheesecake said:

Sorry, mistyped. That's german for or. :D

I mean a part to stop an engine automatically when reached a specific Apoapsis or Periapsis.

Nope.  I could, but won't.  Smart Parts are meant to sense and react to specific things that can be sensed.  What you are asking for is more in the line of kOS, it is more of an autopilot function than I want to provide in this.

Sorry

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Nope.  I could, but won't.  Smart Parts are meant to sense and react to specific things that can be sensed.  What you are asking for is more in the line of kOS, it is more of an autopilot function than I want to provide in this.

Sorry

Can this mod detect the amount of gravity pull from the gravioli detector, and trigger something when it switches from getting weaker to getting stronger?  Hypothetically that should happen right at apopapsis, when you are no longer getting further from the center of the SOI and are now starting to get closer to it.

Edited by Steven Mading

24 minutes ago, Steven Mading said:

Can this mod detect the amount of gravity pull from the gravioli detector, and trigger something when it switches from getting weaker to getting stronger?  Hypothetically that should happen right at apopapsis, when you are no longer getting further from the center of the SOI and are now starting to get closer to it.

I suppose that technically it could, but it's a scientific instrument, not a flight instrument.  No offense, but I'm not going to do anything like this.  My feeling is that something like this should be done in kOS

Edited by linuxgurugamer

4 hours ago, hab136 said:

Shouldn't the altimeter already work for this?

Altimeter only works with the current altitude.  He wanted to detect the Ap or Pe, which is not something that is measurable from a ship, but is calculated.  I feel that should be more of a kOS thing, it's starting to get into an autopilot type of situation

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Altimeter only works with the current altitude.  He wanted to detect the Ap or Pe, which is not something that is measurable from a ship, but is calculated.  I feel that should be more of a kOS thing, it's starting to get into an autopilot type of situation

Oh, that makes sense.  I thought the request was for "fire when the ship is at Ap", not "fire when Ap = 80k".  Yeah, that falls under autopilot.

Hiya,

hate to barge in.
But I'd really like to try this mod out. Yet, it can't seem to get it to work.
I've tried installing, removing and installing again.
I start the game in Sandbox mode, went through the available parts, tried searching for "smart" or "controller", can't find anything that appears related to this mod.
I have an imperial ton of mods installed. Is there a known incompatibility with the current version of Smart Parts?

2 hours ago, DerGolgo said:

Hiya,

hate to barge in.
But I'd really like to try this mod out. Yet, it can't seem to get it to work.
I've tried installing, removing and installing again.
I start the game in Sandbox mode, went through the available parts, tried searching for "smart" or "controller", can't find anything that appears related to this mod.
I have an imperial ton of mods installed. Is there a known incompatibility with the current version of Smart Parts?

You aren't barging in.

First, we will need to know what version of the game you are playing, and which version of SmartParts you downloaded and installed.  Also, please provide the log file (output_log.txt on Windows) from the appropriate game data directory (KSP_x64_Data/output_log.txt if playing 64 bit, KSP_Data/output_log.txt if 32 bit).  Also, make sure you have the correct version of ModuleManager installed (should be GamaData/ModuleManager.2.6.25.dll)

If you don't have FilterExtensions installed, try searching for "trigger"

If you do have FilterExtensions installed, try searching for "Orbital"

Edited by linuxgurugamer

20 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

If you don't have FilterExtensions installed, try searching for "trigger"

If you do have FilterExtensions installed, try searching for "Orbital"

Thanks!
I've found the error, it was the old PEBKAC.dll. :wink:
Found the parts. I must have overlooked the documentation, my bad.
Thanks for taking the time. I'm still a noob here, and I'm consistently amazed how noobie questions in this community be answered with actually useful information, rather than dismissive quips or derisive wisecracks!
Love this place! :)

1 hour ago, Jso said:

Perhaps we get PhysicsSignificance = 1 added to these parts?

Why? The are small, adding physics to them will impact performance

1 hour ago, DerGolgo said:

Thanks!
I've found the error, it was the old PEBKAC.dll. :wink:
Found the parts. I must have overlooked the documentation, my bad.
Thanks for taking the time. I'm still a noob here, and I'm consistently amazed how noobie questions in this community be answered with actually useful information, rather than dismissive quips or derisive wisecracks!
Love this place! :)

Glad you found the problem.  In the future, when asking for help, always provide the log file.