[1.0.4] Smart Parts v1.6.6 | DDS Textures and Bug Fixes | July 5

Firov

Can you change fuel flow braker dimensions 1, 1.5, 2, 3.25m -> 0.625, 1.25, 2.5, 3.75, 5m ?

The text was wrong but the dimensions were OK. It should be OK now (fixed the text).

Add parts that trigger an action group when a given stage is activated. An optional delay would be nice too.

Funny enough, that was the "accidental" functionality of the Timer in the first release: Slap it onto the stage of choice and it fires the AG when the stage is activated. The problem was that you couldn't use it for delayed chute deployment, so this "feature" was "fixed". Granted, it is a rather specific application.

Edited by Andersenman

Funny enough, that was the "accidental" functionality of the Timer in the first release: Slap it onto the stage of choice and it fires the AG when the stage is activated. The problem was that you couldn't use it for delayed chute deployment, so this "feature" was "fixed". Granted, it is a rather specific application.

I tried to implement staging but I had to delay it because it wasn't right for some reason. When I removed the feature I broke the timer (that was the bug that Andersenman noticed).

My problem was that I could put a staging icon to the staging bar but it stayed even when the part was removed. I need to figure out how it works. Then I can put the feature back.

Is there a context menu in the editor or no context menu at all? Are you using SSE as well, maybe an older version? If yes, you have to replace the KM_Lib in the Plugin directory with a newer one?

Is there a context menu in the editor or no context menu at all? Are you using SSE as well, maybe an older version? If yes, you have to replace the KM_Lib in the Plugin directory with a newer one?

No context menu. Not in the VAB not in launch/flight. Maybe its me, maybe bacause its late but: what is SSE? Your shuttle engines? Then yes, I'm using them.

PS: ah, ok, didn't updated the SSE (space shuttle engines). Just trying it with the updated version.

PS^2: ok, its working now and very cool :)

Edited by Nereid

There is a new update.

V0.2.1 Smart Parts Update and New Example Craft

* Added example craft for smart parts

* Minor fixes for smart parts

* Optimized altimeter scale

* Made fuel detector more robust against remaining fuel in empty tanks

* New KM_Lib.dll

Please note the showcase video in the first post!

Stumbled across this mod and had to install it. I'm trying to automate my landing gear and would like to be able to have an action for the altimeters (or others) to enable and disable them. i.e. When i get under 80m activate action group 1 (lower gears), gears deploy; the altimeter becomes disabled. When I take off again and pass over 100m activate group 2 (raise gears and reenable the first altimeter). That could lead to some cool automation.

This looks like a great little tool, will try it tonight. Is there a part for "alt high" ? I am looking for somethnig that could extend my solar panels once i'm high enough that they don,t break (and i don't forget them like i almost always do).

EDIT: The video told me all i wanted to know :D SOLD!

Edited by Mokmo

Stumbled across this mod and had to install it. I'm trying to automate my landing gear and would like to be able to have an action for the altimeters (or others) to enable and disable them. i.e. When i get under 80m activate action group 1 (lower gears), gears deploy; the altimeter becomes disabled. When I take off again and pass over 100m activate group 2 (raise gears and reenable the first altimeter). That could lead to some cool automation.

It'll be included in the next update.

dtobi: I'll see what I can do. But just looking at the code, I'm wondering if it's because some engines' gimbal axes are rotated (like +x is actually -x, and +z is -z, i.e. gimbal tranform is rotated 180d around y); that would make sense since I also had that issue when I had my verniers flipped 180 degrees.

dtobi: I'll see what I can do. But just looking at the code, I'm wondering if it's because some engines' gimbal axes are rotated (like +x is actually -x, and +z is -z, i.e. gimbal tranform is rotated 180d around y); that would make sense since I also had that issue when I had my verniers flipped 180 degrees.

Some of the flipping in the code is to make goddard style rockets work. I can't even imagine what your ship looks like. Maybe in some configuration it doesn't work but I haven't been able to create a rocket where it was flipped.

And thanks for your effort!

Edited by dtobi

Nonono, it's not that. It's that *in the mu* some of the transforms are probably rotated. Or at least that's my guess. All the Squad models behave as you'd expect, but some mods may not have their gimbal transforms oriented as you expect.

Heh, just realized I replied to this thread rather than Shuttle Engines. Oops. Sorry.

Anyway, confirmed: it's that you can't rely on the the gimbal transform's own axes, because they might be flipped (as they are, e.g., on the K-2X). You have to use the *vessel's* left/right/forward/back axes (and invert when on opposite sides of CoM, as you realize) when determining how to rotate the gimbal.

Heh, just realized I replied to this thread rather than Shuttle Engines. Oops. Sorry.

Anyway, confirmed: it's that you can't rely on the the gimbal transform's own axes, because they might be flipped (as they are, e.g., on the K-2X). You have to use the *vessel's* left/right/forward/back axes (and invert when on opposite sides of CoM, as you realize) when determining how to rotate the gimbal.

I do exactly that. The KM_Gimbal calculates the contribution of a change of the local xy axis to the change of the vessel's up and right axis. You can attach the engine with any rotation. It is a complex thing so there may be cornercases that are problematic. However I've tested quite many configurations including rotated, asymmetric, inclined, clustered, and Goddard style configurations and all worked as expected.

The CoM plays an important role, too. If you have your engine above the CoM the pitch and yaw controls must be flipped. Likewise, the roll direction must be flipped if the engine is right or left of the CoM. If you have a ship with a CoM that moves so that the CoM changes from above the engine to below the engine, the controls of the engine must be flipped, too. Otherwise the craft will not react to the yaw and pitch commands properly. Could at least send a picture or video of the craft and problem? That would be great.

Oh, ok. Then I'm mystified.

Download Novapunch and only add the K-2X part (in Engines). See if the gimbal is reversed for you too. Just in case, also use it as an upper stage engine, such that the center of mass starts below the engine and only moves above it during first stage burn.

If not, I must be breaking something somewhere...

For a screenshot:

A4AVCSWl.png

The K-2X is hidden inside the interstage fairing (the inward-cuving procedural fairing 2/3rds of the way up)

Any chance you can add a scale setting between Metre and Kilometre for the Altimeter? 100m (max Metre setting) is a bit low for parachutes while 4km (min Kilometre setting) is a bit high.

Maybe scales: Metre Decametre (steps of 10m) Hektometre (steps of 100m) Kilometre (steps of 1000m), or just a textfield that allows #meters input?

Oh, ok. Then I'm mystified.

Download Novapunch and only add the K-2X part (in Engines). See if the gimbal is reversed for you too. Just in case, also use it as an upper stage engine, such that the center of mass starts below the engine and only moves above it during first stage burn.

If not, I must be breaking something somewhere...

For a screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/A4AVCSWl.png

The K-2X is hidden inside the interstage fairing (the inward-cuving procedural fairing 2/3rds of the way up)

You were right. I also think it is in the mu. I added an option to invert the gimbal in the config file:

MODULE
{
name = KM_Gimbal
gimbalTransformName = Engine_Nozzel
debug = true
yawGimbalRange = 5
pitchGimbalRange = 5
invertPitch = true
invertYaw = true
invertRoll = false
}

It will be in the next release of the space shuttle engines pack. If you want an early release, I can send you the dll.