[1.0.4] Smart Parts v1.6.6 | DDS Textures and Bug Fixes | July 5

Firov

On 4/16/2016 at 7:43 AM, CatastrophicFailure said:

Oh well, IBTL.

This saddens me greatly. 

RIP SmartParts, you will be missed. 

Someone cue Taps

"Do not go gentle into that good night, [...] Rage, rage against the dying of the light." -- Dylan Thomas (1914–1953)

Here's a 1.1 compatible release:  https://github.com/henrybauer/KerbalSmartParts/releases/latest

(Source)

Changes:

• KSP 1.1 compatibility
  • If you change the resources a part holds, you have to re-attach the SmartPart.
  • Staging RealChutes doesn't work. Activating RealChutes via action group works. Stock parachutes are fine.

I only tested timer, altimeter, and fuel sensor.

I'm already over-extended so I'd prefer someone else pick it up, but I need this mod to continue to exist, lol.

Edit: be sure to remove the existing directory, in particular the KSPAPIExtensions.dll can't be there (because it's now integrated into stock)

Edited by hab136

“Be not afraid of greatness: Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.”

-- Thread lurkers looking upon hab136.

But on a serious note, thank you very much for taking the time to update this. One day my C# skills will improve and I'll help out too!

Now my Apollo-esqe launch escape system can decouple from the launch tower after aborts. Your actions will save many brave Kerbals!

I have to say that I have saved many screaming kerbals by auto deploying chutes with this mod when staging fails. Oh and the launch system of attaching a timed smart part to the launch tower so you fire the engines and they burn for 2 seconds before the tower lets go. Makes for a perfect looking launch AND you don't have some engines not developing full thrust instantly. :D  The number of rockets I used to launch and have the stack drop and bounce off the ground before the engine fully throttles up.

On 23-4-2016 at 2:11 PM, hab136 said:

"Do not go gentle into that good night, [...] Rage, rage against the dying of the light." -- Dylan Thomas (1914–1953)

Here's a 1.1 compatible release:  https://github.com/henrybauer/KerbalSmartParts/releases/latest

(Source)

Changes:

• KSP 1.1 compatibility
  • If you change the resources a part holds, you have to re-attach the SmartPart.
  • Staging RealChutes doesn't work. Activating RealChutes via action group works. Stock parachutes are fine.

I'm already over-extended so I'd prefer someone else pick it up, but I need this mod to continue to exist, lol.

Edit: be sure to remove the existing directory, in particular the KSPAPIExtensions.dll can't be there (because it's now integrated into stock)

Huzzah! Any chance of throwing this on CKAN? That'd be the icing on the cake!

2 hours ago, KaptnKiwi said:

Huzzah! Any chance of throwing this on CKAN? That'd be the icing on the cake!

I filed a pull request: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/pull/3745.

Looks like someone already marked the old version (1.6.6) as 1.1 compatible, so the old version is probably already showing up on CKAN for 1.1 users.  This should supercede it.

On 4/23/2016 at 8:11 AM, hab136 said:

(Source)

Changes:

• KSP 1.1 compatibility

I might be interested in taking this over.  Was wondering what you used to do the builds?

LGG

13 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I might be interested in taking this over.  Was wondering what you used to do the builds?

I've been using Xamarin Studio but Visual Studio should work also.  Both are free, and since Microsoft just bought Xamarin they're now both owned by Microsoft. Visual Studio only works on Windows, otherwise I probably would have used it.

I didn't have to do anything special to compile versus other mods.  Add in all the source files, choose .NET 3.5 as the target, add in the references to the KSP DLLs, then hit "build all" :)

There's a good video tutorial here and lots of references here

Go ahead and check out the source from Github and give it a shot!  Feel free to PM me with questions.

Just now, hab136 said:

I've been using Xamarin Studio but Visual Studio should work also.  Both are free, and since Microsoft just bought Xamarin they're now both owned by Microsoft. Visual Studio only works on Windows, otherwise I probably would have used it.

I didn't have to do anything special to compile versus other mods.  Add in all the source files, choose .NET 3.5 as the target, add in the references to the KSP DLLs, then hit "build all" :)

There's a good video tutorial here and lots of references here

Go ahead and check out the source from Github and give it a shot!  Feel free to PM me with questions.

I already did.  It was missing the csproj file (so I was wondering how you built it), but I just made a new one and it built without any problems

23 hours ago, hab136 said:

Just uploaded 1.7.1, same place: https://github.com/henrybauer/KerbalSmartParts/releases/latest

• Added bulkheadProfiles to all parts (thanks Kerbas-ad-astra!)
  • Add .version file back into .zip

CKAN is showing 1.7.0, so looks like that integration is working.  It should pick up 1.7.1 soon.

So I think I'm ready to take this over, if it's ok with you.

Please confirm.

LGG

Edited by linuxgurugamer

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

So I think I'm ready to take this over, if it's ok with you.

Please confirm.

It's ok with me. :)

To be clear, I just stepped in to make a 1.1 build; I don't have the free time to maintain it. However dtobi's already given his blessing above, and firov is nowhere to be found (last post July 2015), so you should be good on all fronts.

57 minutes ago, hab136 said:

It's ok with me. :)

To be clear, I just stepped in to make a 1.1 build; I don't have the free time to maintain it. However dtobi's already given his blessing above, and firov is nowhere to be found (last post July 2015), so you should be good on all fronts.

OK, I'll get a new release up on Spacedock and github, and into CKAN as well in a day or so.

Thanks

17 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

OK, I'll get a new release up on Spacedock and github, and into CKAN as well in a day or so.

Thanks

It'd probably be better for everyone if you just modified the current CKAN entry rather than create a new one; I can help with that if necessary.  Be sure not to pick "add to CKAN" when you upload to Spacedock or it will create two entries, and everyone will have to uninstall and reinstall.

5 hours ago, hab136 said:

It'd probably be better for everyone if you just modified the current CKAN entry rather than create a new one; I can help with that if necessary.  Be sure not to pick "add to CKAN" when you upload to Spacedock or it will create two entries, and everyone will have to uninstall and reinstall.

I'll deal with it, thanks.  Will get to this in the evening

LGG

I'll be using it a fair bit over the next few days and will give you bug reports here if I find anything.

Not sure if it's possible, but it might be worth contacting the mods to see if it's possible to take over the thread as well and make a new first post to avoid confusion.

Thanks very much for taking it over too, you're awesome.

Edited by Glorious Dear Leader

so I see a @hab136 version and a @linuxgurugamer version (maybe the same?) but they both have the same problems: tga textures and pretty much all the part configs are missing the closing "}" at the bottom. I mean, they all work, but, you know, it irks.:P

Major props to both of you for taking this in hand. They're both easy fixes even if ya'll decide not to do anything.

--edit--

In an act of selflessness that is sure to confuse everyone, I went ahead and converted the textures to .dds using that program floating around (default settings) and added the missing brackets.

Below is JUST THE PARTS, no plugin. It's meant to be used with either the aforementioned versions. Feel free to repackage it and use it with your own stuff (linux or hab) or whatever (you can probably do better yourselves honestly).

License is the same as Smart Parts, which is the Creative Commons CC BY-NC-SA 3.0. Changes were made, as indicated above. All credit goes to dbtobi and Firov (and linuxgurugamer who I got the download from).

Link

Edited by Deimos Rast

2 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

so I see a @hab136 version and a @linuxgurugamer version (maybe the same?) but they both have the same problems: tga textures and pretty much all the part configs are missing the closing "}" at the bottom. I mean, they all work, but, you know, it irks.:P

Major props to both of you for taking this in hand. They're both easy fixes even if ya'll decide not to do anything.

--edit--

In an act of selflessness that is sure to confuse everyone, I went ahead and converted the textures to .dds using that program floating around (default settings) and added the missing brackets.

Below is JUST THE PARTS, no plugin. It's meant to be used with either the aforementioned versions. Feel free to repackage it and use it with your own stuff (linux or hab) or whatever (you can probably do better yourselves honestly).

License is the same as Smart Parts, which is the Creative Commons CC BY-NC-SA 3.0. Changes were made, as indicated above. All credit goes to dbtobi and Firov (and linuxgurugamer who I got the download from).

Link

I'm the new maintainer, the one by hab136 was an interm build.  What I released was supposed to be identical, it was simply a release so that I knew I could build/release a valid version.  So the fact that they both have the same problems is expected.

Thanks for the parts and the textures, I'll get them incorporated and released.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

5 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I'm the new maintainer, the one by hab136 was an interm build.  What I released was supposed to be identical, it was simply a release so that I knew I could build/release a valid version.  So the fact that they both have the same problems is expected.

Thanks for the parts and the textures, I'll get them incorporated and released.

Sounds good; please have a peak to make sure they're up to snuff as I don't always know what I'm doing; I used the DDS4KSP program (an oldie but a goodie) and left it at whatever the default was. I'm sure there is another way to convert it, but that's beyond me.

1 minute ago, Deimos Rast said:

Sounds good; please have a peak to make sure they're up to snuff as I don't always know what I'm doing; I used the DDS4KSP program (an oldie but a goodie) and left it at whatever the default was. I'm sure there is another way to convert it, but that's beyond me.

Did you test them ?

5 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Did you test them ?

Yeah, in game and out, I'd just like a 2nd pair of eyes, that's all. Especially if you're name is going to be associated with it.

These are the parts (minus one fuel valve I forgot to add) and a fuel clamp at the bottom.

QYBQ6cQ.png

3 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

Yeah, in game and out, I'd just like a 2nd pair of eyes, that's all. Especially if you're name is going to be associated with it.

These are the parts (minus one fuel valve I forgot to add) and a fuel clamp at the bottom.

QYBQ6cQ.png

thanks

I'll test and make a release later