Name Replacer

Gnonthgol

Simple plugin that replaces the names of the kerbals applicants with names of real world space travellers. (No relation between names and stupidity/courage).

Download version 1.0.rc1

Source code

Screen shot:

9kOMCgm.jpg

The names comes from wikipedia and is read from an embedded file. If you do not like the list of names it is easy to replace the file with another one. Make sure each name is separated by a newline.

There is currently a bug with the GUI in the astronaut complex not updating when the list of applicants update. This is visible the first time you go into the complex and the kerbal names gets displayed even if they have gotten new ones. This is resolved if you exit to the space centre and enters again.

The license is a variant of the BSD-license and is very permissive. Suggestions is welcome, especially if they include a patch.

Edited by Gnonthgol

How has this been looked over!?

Not to make OP angry at me for posting this, but it hasn't been looked over. You can do this in Crew Manifest, so that's why no one has bothered to do it before. My guess is that OP didn't know about this feature of Crew Manifest or he wanted to rename his kerbal's without using it.

You can do this in Crew Manifest, so that's why no one has bothered to do it before.

No you can not. I do not see any way of assigning random names with Crew Manifest. The main motivation for making this plugin is just messing about with making KSP plugins.

• 11 months later...
Seriously, this thread is over a year old.

Not over yet. anyway just tested it and obviously it didn't work. Nice plugin though I hope it gets updated or someone does something similar, I really dislike Kerbals having the same surnames and It's a hassle editing all there names if you have lots of astronauts

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.