[0.23] Panda Jager Laboratories Parts Pack

Sethnizzle

Any custom science reports is better than none. I like your mod :D

By the way off topic : your name always reminds of Snoop Doogs stupid way of talking. Fo shizzle, my nizzle :D

Ha, it is a nickname lovingly and ironically (before hipster was a thing here) bestowed upon me back in highschool around the height of Dr. Dre, Eminem, and Snoop Dogg's popularity. I've also got Bizzle. I'm not particularly fond of it just for the very imagery it invoked in you, but I've had it for such a long time and the memory of the friends it invokes in me is enough for me to keep it.

Thanks for checking out my mod btw. :-)

Rover parts that look stock-a-like!! Tried it out today and Duna has a new rover roaming the dunes with improved science capabilities. Looking forward to what else you are going to make.

On a side note, the mastcam raises a bit faster than I expected.

Anyway, nice work.

At the time I was worried about having a lot of frames as I wasn't sure how much that would affect the file size. When I saw it, I was amused with how comical is looked (compared to how slow things on Curiosity actually move) and thought, "Yep, thats how fast a Kerbal would design it to move." Thanks for checking out my mod.

Update to the OP available. New WIPs.

• 3 weeks later...
Got any updates you wish to share Sethnizzle?

lol, I got some free time yesterday and today. So I was able to finish up the mystery goo container, and the materials bay. I added the emissive texture to the drn spectrometer so the heat sink now glows. I also tweaked the mastcam texture, the gold "hinge" on the neck just wasn't getting lit correctly so I changed it to a black and orange caution tape look. I just need to finish the surface probe and I think I'll be ready to release.

Cool!, although is there any reason this is happening?! XD

-snip-

Well that is really strange. But I've seen that happen with a part from FASA, the same mesh replaced that part as what you are seeing too. So it must have been a mod we were both using. I don't remember doing anything to fix it, it just stopped on its own. Any idea what part is pictured?

e: I think I know part of the reason why it is happening. The DRN Spectrometer is the only part in my pack where I used the new MODEL node(?) in the part.cfg file to designate the mesh. I know the FASA part that this happened to me with also used that. Try editing the part.cfg. Under Asset Parameters remove:

MODEL{PandaJagerLaboratories/Parts/......}

and replace it with the old,

mesh = drnSpectrometer.mu

and see if that fixes it.

A version with the config file modified is available to download. (1.2.1)

Edited by Sethnizzle

It looks like it is a part from the Nova Punch Mod to me.

hmmm, I've had all the popular mods except Novapunch, so that would be weird. The part that had this problem for me was the Agena antennae from FASA iirc, but it was showing that same mesh/texture as what is pictured. Did the config edit/hotfix solve this issue? When I test my mods they are tested against a stock version of the game, but I also play with them in my modded versions which again usually include the majority of the most popular mods.

Well that is really strange. But I've seen that happen with a part from FASA, the same mesh replaced that part as what you are seeing too. So it must have been a mod we were both using. I don't remember doing anything to fix it, it just stopped on its own. Any idea what part is pictured?

e: I think I know part of the reason why it is happening. The DRN Spectrometer is the only part in my pack where I used the new MODEL node(?) in the part.cfg file to designate the mesh. I know the FASA part that this happened to me with also used that. Try editing the part.cfg. Under Asset Parameters remove:

MODEL{PandaJagerLaboratories/Parts/......}

and replace it with the old,

mesh = drnSpectrometer.mu

and see if that fixes it.

A version with the config file modified is available to download. (1.2.1)

Cool testing! Thanks for the quick update

yeah it's a service module from novapunch XD

Edit: Yeah it worked, it might have just been a loading issue! thanks :D

Edited by Boamere

That's a know bug with stock ksp

Theres a mod that can fix this! Ive been using it since b4 the last update in Dec 2013 to fix fasa parts among many others.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/63109-0-23-Modulefixer

THis mod works believe me, Ive referred it to others to fix the exploding part in the vab, to no avail I tried to help a dude once with the same problem and he told me I was stupid a mod couldn't fix his problem. LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sethnizzle, I just got the mod a few hours ago and I'm having a ton of fun now, I love packs that add to rovers because they are severley neglected in the stock game.

I have a quick question though; The mastcam cannot be used as the 1st part/root part... is this by design or just a bug/oversight? because I can use it like a probecore to control my rovers, it's just inconvenient that I can't make it the starting part.

Great mod anyways, how you continue on with more parts/updates :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.