[1.0.x] Habitat Pack v0.41

Porkjet

I wonder why noone just puts the thing flat on the ground without any landing gear.

If you can't do without it, turning off the suspension helps with stability.

I'm thinking about adding a simple mount part for it.

Just speaking for myself, the only time I landed one it was on Duna and the air is frightfully thin. Needed some retros. I used the B9 Atlas (?) which is really FLAT so it goes nicely with the F.L.A.T. hab but it still needed a fuel tank. I guess I could have put that on the roof but I didnt like the way that looked.

Edited by Starwaster

Just wondering, what is the radius of the BA-550 fully inflated? Is it 3.75m? Also, Starwaster, why didn't you just attach the fuel tank through a decoupler and fuel line? That way you could ditch it once you were on the ground and where you wanted to be.

Just wondering, what is the radius of the BA-550 fully inflated? Is it 3.75m? Also, Starwaster, why didn't you just attach the fuel tank through a decoupler and fuel line? That way you could ditch it once you were on the ground and where you wanted to be.

Didn't think of it. Uh... BA-550? I think it's more than 3.75.... but maybe less than 5m.

Can't remember for sure though. (had it mounted briefly on my 5m hab adapter but I can't remember if it extended all the way to the edges)

Is wobbling normal (starting little then ending up ridiculous) when docked in orbit to the F.L.A.T. Habitat? or is that from having rcs and sas turned on ,while switching from the station to the ship and then docking?

Edited by mrsinister

Is wobbling normal (starting little then ending up ridiculous) when docked in orbit to the F.L.A.T. Habitat? or is that from having rcs and sas turned on ,while switching from the station to the ship and then docking?

I don't get wobbling... Is it a big station? maybe some other parts are responsible? Also have you tried turning the RCS/SAS off?

I don't get wobbling... Is it a big station? maybe some other parts are responsible? Also have you tried turning the RCS/SAS off?

nope not a big station at all really... lol just 2 inflatable parts and an escape lander :) and no, I haven't tried turning both off or even trying one or the other as I am working on fixing a module when referenced. so I started fresh again...although I thank you greatly for the suggestion and I will try that next time I put one back in orbit. At least I know, now, it shouldn't wobble itself to disengaging. ;)

nope not a big station at all really... lol just 2 inflatable parts and an escape lander :) and no, I haven't tried turning both off or even trying one or the other as I am working on fixing a module when referenced. so I started fresh again...although I thank you greatly for the suggestion and I will try that next time I put one back in orbit. At least I know, now, it shouldn't wobble itself to disengaging. ;)

It can be a small interference between the inflated collision mesh and the other parts. It have happened to me on several occasions. I think it dependence on that the radius of the inflated part extends below and above center mounting plate

Edited by Prime flux

It can be a small interference between the inflated collision mesh and the other parts. It have happened to me on several occasions. I think it dependence on that the radius of the inflated part extends below and above center mounting plate

ahh soo, having the ring above the hab with multi docking ports ,with a small part in between, could in fact be the cause.... interesting. Though, it didn't start wobbling till I was docked ,then like hmm...maybe 5 - 10 sec went by then the wobble started and gradually got worse.

Prime flux is right, the collision of the torus slightly covers the center piece. It technocally shouldnt cause any problems as parts are often slightly clipped into each other and connected parts ignore each others collision meshes. However, strangely during the time an animation plays, the parts collision mesh does interfere with other parts collision. On the hab it only happens in the last few milliseconds of the animation, usually causing only a small bump. When the animation is finished it should behave like normal again and not cause any wobbles.

But still.... yeah... I guess I kinda botched this one. Gotta try to fix it once more.

Prime flux is right, the collision of the torus slightly covers the center piece. It technocally shouldnt cause any problems as parts are often slightly clipped into each other and connected parts ignore each others collision meshes. However, strangely during the time an animation plays, the parts collision mesh does interfere with other parts collision. On the hab it only happens in the last few milliseconds of the animation, usually causing only a small bump. When the animation is finished it should behave like normal again and not cause any wobbles.

But still.... yeah... I guess I kinda botched this one. Gotta try to fix it once more.

still awesome mod! and thank you for your hard work, it's most appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I just started using this and so far it's pretty amazing but I've bumped into bug (or user-error?).

Anytime I put a Kerbal into the F.L.A.T they seem to vanish (no portrait, no IVA/EVA options to get them out, etc). Or am I just missing something? This is occurring on KSP 0.23.5, in case it matters.

EDIT: Nevermind! Found out that I have to LEFT-click hatches.

Edited by Entropius

When I used the pod, I couldn't revert back to Assembly. G-Force momentarily peaked.. held at the top for a few seconds and the went back to 1.

I let bob go in from an attached lander can and it cloned him.

They look pretty and I'm sure will be a lot of fun when in a useable condition. I look forward to playing with them.

However for now I have to uninstall this mod until such a time it is in, what I consider to be, a useable condition.

Keep up the good work. Stop wasting time reading this dribble. Crack on!

So, Is it compatible with 0.23.5?

I use it with 0.23.5. Didn't even occur to me to ask first.

Any fixes for the gravity ring?

He hasn't put any updates out. I know he's working on it but was having some problems that needed working out.

Love these parts. Waiting to advance a little further in the tech tree and send a whole base out to Duna in my current save.

Just wanted to mention I had issues with the Orbital Orb ejecting Kerbals on EVA. I can't recall if I've had this issue with other capsules (read as stock) too.

Once I clicked the EVA button, the Kerbal pops out of the capsule and then shoots off into space, breaking solar panels he hadn't collided with. Nothing the EVA pack couldn't fix, but less than graceful.

I did have a retracted 1x6 panel just above the hatch, and the collision mesh might not have been playing nice. I'll see if I can replicate it, and post pictures.

Anyway, looking forward to more parts!

I've got an idea. Soviet space program had a project of inflatable airlock module, mounted on Vostok-class ships. And here I come with the suggestion of inflatable docking ports and extendable docking ... err, piers? Like a usual docking port, but with a telescopic tube and several pistons to extend it.

Any chance on getting it up to date with 0.23.5? Right now the Orb just straight up crashes game for me.

After loading craft (with attached Orb), staging is gone (until i manualy decouple something, by using right mouse click) and when i try to Eva Kerbal - Kraken's just getting all over place, 666m altitude, planet exploding etc.

This pretty much renders any Sojuz-based craft pretty unplayable for me now. From what i saw in the log and on Unity forums - it might be related to some Animation Module with wrong values (probably 0/NaN).

I've got an idea. Soviet space program had a project of inflatable airlock module, mounted on Vostok-class ships. And here I come with the suggestion of inflatable docking ports and extendable docking ... err, piers? Like a usual docking port, but with a telescopic tube and several pistons to extend it.

I know that Bobcat's HOME has one of those, not sure if it'd look good outside of the HOME system, though. TiberDyne Shuttle Booster System also has two, but it might be a bit much to install for only two parts.

This would certainly be feasible. Lack Lustre Labs has an extendable docking port that does pretty much exactly what you're describing, except it uses both LLL's visual aesthetic and mod-specific 'Common Berthing Port' docking nodes.

Just to update on my last post - it seems there is some incompatibility now between Habitat Pack and Raster Prop Monitor. Game crashes while using Orbital Orb and RPM at same time. Log:

[LOG 06:54:45.910] Cannot find InternalPart 'orbitalOrbInternalsRPM'

[EXC 06:54:45.911] ArgumentException: The thing you want to instantiate is null.

Am i lacking some internal part? I don't remember downloading any additonal internal parts for Habitat Pack i 0.23.0

EDIT:

Looks like RPM might be incompatible with the new directory name. "PorkWorks" directory name is atm included in standard config to RPM, and since the directory name changed to "HabitatPack", it might spew out krakens. Have yet to check it out but seems reasonable.

Edited by koksny

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.