[1.0.x] Habitat Pack v0.41

Porkjet

Yes, if you put gears on this, how do you install lader?

Can you land it with parachutes?

If it's not on gear, do you need a ladder?

I think they're needed but I dont have a good solution for getting one on there.

I recall someone showing screenshots of a workaround for this problem a few pages back. IIRC it was to put a large in-line battery between the habitat and the landing gear, and then attach ladder to the battery. Seemed to work fine, and you'd need plenty of batteries in a planetary base anyway.

Also, while habitats other then F.L.A.T. might not be designed for use on the ground, they work just fine there.

It works to attach a ladder to a deployed F.L.A.T with the help of KAS

That only adds more stress to overworked Kerbals pre-occupied with the duties of piloting, landing, maintenance, snack procurement, snack dispersal, snack consumption, snack waste disposal and the ordering of Request for Kerbal Space Center Issue Regulation Black Form Binders Request Form Forms.

Not sure why, but ships using these parts are exceptionally laggy. I have a base/lander that uses the F.L.A.T. module, and even though it's only 78 parts it lags badly (which is unusual on this system). Timer is solid yellow and the frame drops are noticeable. Eject the module and fly out of load range, and suddenly everything's back to normal. :/

Considered using FireSpitter animations? Much improved over stock generic animations including in-VAB support etc (useful to figure out if your craft with inflating parts works when inflated, say docking port clears a spinning hab etc).

You're not supposed to have to stop it. The reason you can't enter is because there's a bug with the animations or the habitat plugin. There's a workaround that I posted above. If you change the module for the spinning animation to FSanimateGeneric (instead of ModuleAnimateGeneric) you'll be able to enter and exit the habitat once it's inflated, regardless of whether you set it spinning or not.

Hello, I tried this fix but I still seem to be getting the same error intermittently, and now the module will always start deployed and spinning no matter what, which wreaks havoc with my fairings. Does anyone have a fix/is getting the same behavior?

Hello, I tried this fix but I still seem to be getting the same error intermittently, and now the module will always start deployed and spinning no matter what, which wreaks havoc with my fairings. Does anyone have a fix/is getting the same behavior?

IIRC, my suggested fix involved only using FSanimateGeneric for the spinning animation. The other animation (inflation) had to stay on ModuleAnimateGeneric. If you did both of them as FSanimateGeneric then that could cause problems.

IIRC, my suggested fix involved only using FSanimateGeneric for the spinning animation. The other animation (inflation) had to stay on ModuleAnimateGeneric. If you did both of them as FSanimateGeneric then that could cause problems.

Ah yes, this seems to have fixed the always-deployed problem, although now it seems it is impossible to have the centrifuge enter a state where it is *not* spinning. This is, however, far less of a problem. Thank you!

I love these parts!

There's just one problem: the "F.L.A.T." container eats my Kerbals :( After boarding, the kerbal disappears from the bottom right list. He's still in the crew, i just can't select him to go EVA or IVA. All the other containers work fine. I'm using ksp 0.24.2 right now.

Anyone else has this problem? Is there a fix?

thanks

Give the man some time, he's got several mods to manage. He just released a new SP+, so it will surely be soonâ„¢

...Actually, this might take a while.

I just tried to replicate the same trick used in the plugin for habitats that forbids kerbals to use them as such when they aren't inflated. Turns out, it no longer works since 0.24 -- the CrewCapacity variable is now a rudiment, and whether a kerbal can board a part or not is now determined by part prototype. Essentially the same problem we had with procedural costs.

Meh. :(

I love these parts!

There's just one problem: the "F.L.A.T." container eats my Kerbals :( After boarding, the kerbal disappears from the bottom right list. He's still in the crew, i just can't select him to go EVA or IVA. All the other containers work fine. I'm using ksp 0.24.2 right now.

Anyone else has this problem? Is there a fix?

thanks

Click on the door (left click I think? though I don't remember offhand). Its the same method of operations as the mobile processing lab.

OTOH....have you checked the rafters for aliens? ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.