[1.0.x] Habitat Pack v0.41

Porkjet

I'm pretty sure it hasn't since this works in 0.24. :P

Not for me, at least not with other mods. Seems the newest version of firespitter breaks it, and that's required with other mods. :/ It works fine if it's the only thing installed, but if I update just the firespitter plugin it crashes just when it gets to the main menu.

Not for me, at least not with other mods. Seems the newest version of firespitter breaks it, and that's required with other mods. :/ It works fine if it's the only thing installed, but if I update just the firespitter plugin it crashes just when it gets to the main menu.

That's weird. I'm using the newest firespitter with 64-bit and I am playing just fine. :huh:

Just throwing this out there (I'm not a dev or anything like that) - Installed this after running .24.2 fine for a while now.

Game crashed to desktop on load with this installed.

Realized the crash was happening when the loader got to TextureReplacer/Default/KerbinScaledSpace300.png

I removed this file from the directory entirely.

Everything is now peachy.

Hope this helps devs in some regard track down mod incompatibilities etc.

Peace out!

Looks like you were simply running out of RAM, and deleting that image solved it. It's completely unrelated to this mod, though, but thanks for trying to help. :)

my problem is FAR from hardware related,

The memory cap is a software problem. You could have 1 tera of RAM it wouldn't change anything, the game loads EVERY assets at launch, and if it hits the limit: crash. Install Active texture management.

I'm afraid that could not be any farther from the truth. 32GB 2666 Corsair Dominator Platinum @ CAS 12.... Dual Radeon R9 290s.... my problem is FAR from hardware related, lol but I'm also not necessarily pointing the finger at this mod, just that there is 100% beyond any shadow of any doubt incompatibilities somewhere between this mod and others, as I am experiencing. Unfortunately, the game is crash central now, even with that file gone. I can build a ship fine, and I can fly it fine, for about 10 minutes, then it'll crash.... and going back to VAB from flight also causes a crash. Whatever is happening really sucks cuz these are some key parts

Oh please. You had to delete something from a mod that alters stock texture. Specifically something that mucks around with scaled space. But you see no room for doubt that it was SP+

Wrong. Very wrong.

Oh please. You had to delete something from a mod that alters stock texture. Specifically something that mucks around with scaled space. But you see no room for doubt that it was SP+

Wrong. Very wrong.

You know, as an end-user of mods, one thing happens. They get downloaded, and the folder gets put into the game. Then we push play. That's all we do. I know you would love to think that we are the ones responsible for these problems, doing something, something magical that just can't be explained after extracting the folder... Purposely trying to break this mod so that we cannot enjoy our time in the game and struggle with crashes. Sorry you are offended because I informed you of what happened on my computer. Really sorry, bro. Keep up the constructive communication. And please, find the nearest cliff.

I know you would love to think that we are the ones responsible.

Thats really not the point, your attitude is (deleting all your posts does not improve the situation :/ ).

Anyway, Porkjet, I know you worked on Copernicus MTV parts at one point. Is that a no-go or..?

Yes that was when i was all obsessed with getting hugearse hydrogen tanks in the game but I've kinda changed my mind about the necessety of that.

I may revive them as liquidfuel tanks in a new dedicated propulsion mod, but don't expect that anytime soon.

Thats really not the point, your attitude is (deleting all your posts does not improve the situation :/ ).

Anyway, Porkjet, I know you worked on Copernicus MTV parts at one point. Is that a no-go or..?

You're asking the wrong person. Copernicus is me. I used the inflato hab in some craft files but the hab is not distributed with Copernicus.

As as to its status, there just seems to me to be very little interest. Especially since Bahamuto started on the same thing. So I have felt unmotivated to continue.

You're asking the wrong person. Copernicus is me.

All Hail Copernicus! ^^ Yeah I know, your signature led me there, but not stock-like enough for me... Sorry! Well I'll check Bahamuto's pack then, thanks!

AH ok, I thought initar spoke of those: http://i.imgur.com/hETBPGg.jpg

*stops drooling on keyboard* Yes thats it! And you intended to use hydrogen? Well that would have been perfect since i switched to Near Future Propulsion (it has a MM file that makes all nuclear engines use H). Sigh...

Funny fact: one thing lacking form bahamuto's pack is a big tank without truss like yours.

Edited by Initar

That's weird. I'm using the newest firespitter with 64-bit and I am playing just fine. :huh:

I've noticed on other mods some people claim things work fine in 64bit, others claim things break...sadly, I seem to be part of the latter group! *cries*

AH ok, I thought initar spoke of those: http://i.imgur.com/hETBPGg.jpg
*stops drooling on keyboard* Yes thats it! And you intended to use hydrogen? Well that would have been perfect since i switched to Near Future Propulsion (it has a MM file that makes all nuclear engines use H). Sigh...

Funny fact: one thing lacking form bahamuto's pack is a big tank without truss like yours.

There was actually a pack out there somewhere that looked just like those gold tanks and was rather stock like apart from the command module IMHO. I don't think it was related to that specific concept, just happened to look the same. Let me see if I can find it.

Edit: Took some effort, but found it. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/72567

Some of the stuff is meh IMHO, but it's harder to find anything MORE stocklike as it all uses stock parts/files/skins/whathaveyou. That also means resourcewise the footprint is tiny, as there's nothing but added config files for the most part.

Edited by Vladthemad

I'm playing 0.24.2 in whatever version Steam uses, and I can't click on the hatches to get Kerbals out. This is a problem because the F.L.A.T. habitat doesn't have the Kerbal faces in the corner, so I can't actually get anyone out, unless I use Crew Manifest with another pod.

Edit: The hatch thing is an OSX specific bug, so no worries:)

Edited by Mrnoname
Updated Information

Another suggestion if you're going to update the pack to 0.24 is that the smallest inflatable hab (PA330 I think) has its windows light upon deployment. The other hab doesn't have that, which looks weird. Maybe have the lights be a separate button, so that one can choose to have their habs lit up or not (I don't like the look so I'd keep them off)?

Hey there Porkjet,

seems like not the only german around here :D

I've got a little question, it seems like your mod is compatible with .24.2, why is there still standing 0.23.5 in the title? And are there any news on future updates?

It works in .24.2, but I presume it hasn't been thoroughly tested yet.

Here's what I'm running into:

• Action groups only list "toggle" without reference to what you're toggling (missing actionGUIName I presume, and only a serious problem for the Small Centrifuge which has two toggle actions);
  • The PA330's internals clip one of the Kerbals inside the PA330 (photo below);
  • The parts aren't consistently habitable somehow--especially the Small Centrifuge--and won't show up in Ship Manifest.

Beyond that, this is one of the neatest set of parts I've seen yet, and I'm reconsidering how my current space station is set up based on my experimentation here.

Thanks, Porkjet and Sirkut!

3xsJE+

It works in .24.2, but I presume it hasn't been thoroughly tested yet.

Here's what I'm running into:

• Action groups only list "toggle" without reference to what you're toggling (missing actionGUIName I presume, and only a serious problem for the Small Centrifuge which has two toggle actions);
  • The PA330's internals clip one of the Kerbals inside the PA330 (photo below);
  • The parts aren't consistently habitable somehow--especially the Small Centrifuge--and won't show up in Ship Manifest.

Beyond that, this is one of the neatest set of parts I've seen yet, and I'm reconsidering how my current space station is set up based on my experimentation here.

Thanks, Porkjet and Sirkut!

http://img42.com/3xsJE+

Yeah, it's missing actionGUIName. I'm surprised you didn't say anything about the rotation animation getting messed up when the ring deploys.... did that get fixed in 0.24? I wonder if Porkjet put in my little hack?

Re: habitation. The inflatables aren't supposed to be habitable when deflated and then become habitable when inflated. Supposedly Squad changed something in 0.24.? that broke Sirkut's plugin and nobody's found a way around it.....

Edit: If you ARE having a problem with the rotation stopping...

paste this into a cfg file in GameData (or one of its subfolders)

@PART[centrifuge1]
{
!MODULE[ModuleAnimateGeneric]{}
!MODULE[ModuleAnimateGeneric]{}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleAnimateGeneric
animationName = deploy
startEventGUIName = Deploy
endEventGUIName = Retract
actionGUIName = Toggle Deployment
}
MODULE
{
name = FSanimateGeneric
animationName = rotation
startEventGUIName = Spin
endEventGUIName = Reverse
toggleActionName = Toggle Rotation
}
}

Edited by Starwaster

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.