[1.0.x] Habitat Pack v0.41

Porkjet

Yeah, it's missing actionGUIName. I'm surprised you didn't say anything about the rotation animation getting messed up when the ring deploys.... did that get fixed in 0.24? I wonder if Porkjet put in my little hack?

Re: habitation. The inflatables aren't supposed to be habitable when deflated and then become habitable when inflated. Supposedly Squad changed something in 0.24.? that broke Sirkut's plugin and nobody's found a way around it.....

Edit: If you ARE having a problem with the rotation stopping...

paste this into a cfg file in GameData (or one of its subfolders)

> code snipped for brevity <

If I deploy then enable spin, it looks great. I think I did run into that glitchiness when I spinned first and then tried to deploy.

The inflatables work OK, except the centrifuge--that cannot be inhabited unless I load crew into them at launch.

If I deploy then enable spin, it looks great. I think I did run into that glitchiness when I spinned first and then tried to deploy.

The inflatables work OK, except the centrifuge--that cannot be inhabited unless I load crew into them at launch.

ok try that mm config patch.

Your patch works but there's no option to stop it from spinning.

Anyway I made an MM patch to add modular life support tanks to all of the hab modules. It works except that all of the hab modules now have almost no mass even when full. Could someone take a look at this and help me troubleshoot? Thanks.

@PART[centrifuge1]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
type = LifeSupport
volume = 2332
}
}

@PART[inflato1]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
type = LifeSupport
volume = 2332
}
}

@PART[inflato2]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
type = LifeSupport
volume = 2332
}
}

@PART[inflatoFlat]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
type = LifeSupport
volume = 2332
}
}

@PART[orbitalorb]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
type = LifeSupport
volume = 2332
}
}

Edit: Added indentation

Edited by The Pink Ranger

Your patch works but there's no option to stop it from spinning.

Anyway I made an MM patch to add modular life support tanks to all of the hab modules. It works except that all of the hab modules now have almost no mass even when full. Could someone take a look at this and help me troubleshoot? Thanks.

I don't think there was an option to stop it spinning without my patch. Or rather there was but it only reversed direction.

I don't really see anything wrong with those patches you posted aside from a lack of indentation, which is an evil of Cthulu-ian proportions, but I don't see anything there that would reduce mass.

The centrifuge has a mass of 3 (mt).

What are you seeing in the game?

(you could try adding basemass = -1 to each of those ModuleFuelTanks nodes but I don't really think that's the problem...)

I think the mass problem has something to do with the tank definitions in the thunder aerospace folder. I think the base mass of the tank definitions might be over riding the mass of the parts or something. I'm trying to make a new tank definition for each part with MM but it doesn't work. Here's what I wrote:

@TANK_DEFINITION
{
name = xxx
basemass = xxx * volume
TANK
{
name = xxx
amount = full
maxAmount = x%
}
}

Any ideas?

Edit: There ya go, should be easier to read now.

Yea the forum's being a pain in the but. I indent when I type up my posts but it goes away when I submit.

Anyway I think the mass problem has something to do with the tank definitions in the thunder aerospace folder. I think the base mass of the tank definitions might be over riding the mass of the parts or something. I'm trying to make a new tank definition for each part with MM but it doesn't work. Here's what I wrote:

@TANK_DEFINITION
{
name = xxx
basemass = xxx * volume
TANK
{
name = xxx
amount = full
maxAmount = x%
}
}

Any ideas?

Edit: There ya go, should be easier to read now.

Ok, that TANK_DEFINITION is messed up. If you're using @ in front then you're modifying an existing TANK_DEFINITION and you wouldn't have a 'name =' inside.

For instance, let's say you have (or want) a TANK_DEFINITION named Default

It's either

TANK_DEFINITION
{
name = Default
basemass = 0.000011 * volume
}

or

@TANK_DEFINITION[Default]
{
@basemass = 0.000011 * volume
}

Same goes for any TANK nodes inside TANK_DEFINITION

And of course, when modifying an existing part as you were doing before, if you put basemass = -1 in the ModuleFuelTank then it doesnt do it ignores basemass entirely and uses the part's original mass instead. (I forget if that only applies to TANK_DEFINITION basemass or TANK mass as well....)

It works! Here's the end result if anyone wants it:

TANK_DEFINITION
{
name = LifeSupportHabitat
basemass = -1 * volume
TANK
{
name = Food
amount = full
maxAmount = 7.733%
}
TANK
{
name = Water
amount = full
maxAmount = 14.874%
//mass = 0.00001
}
TANK
{
name = Oxygen
amount = full
maxAmount = 11.384%
utilization = 221.135
//mass = 0.00001
note = (pressurized)
}
TANK
{
name = Waste
amount = 0.0
maxAmount = 5.578%
fillable = false
}
TANK
{
name = WasteWater
amount = 0.0
maxAmount = 16.353%
//mass = 0.00001
fillable = false
}
TANK
{
name = CarbonDioxide
amount = 0.0
maxAmount = 44.077%
utilization = 49.139
//mass = 0.00001
note = (pressurized)
fillable = false
}
}

@PART[centrifuge1]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
type = LifeSupportHabitat
volume = 2332
}
}

@PART[inflato1]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 2332
}
}

@PART[inflato2]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 2332
}
}

@PART[inflatoFlat]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 2332
}
}

@PART[orbitalorb]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 2332
}
}

It works! Here's the end result if anyone wants it:

TANK_DEFINITION
{
name = LifeSupportHabitat
basemass = -1 * volume
TANK
{
name = Food
amount = full
maxAmount = 7.733%
}
TANK
{
name = Water
amount = full
maxAmount = 14.874%
//mass = 0.00001
}
TANK
{
name = Oxygen
amount = full
maxAmount = 11.384%
utilization = 221.135
//mass = 0.00001
note = (pressurized)
}
TANK
{
name = Waste
amount = 0.0
maxAmount = 5.578%
fillable = false
}
TANK
{
name = WasteWater
amount = 0.0
maxAmount = 16.353%
//mass = 0.00001
fillable = false
}
TANK
{
name = CarbonDioxide
amount = 0.0
maxAmount = 44.077%
utilization = 49.139
//mass = 0.00001
note = (pressurized)
fillable = false
}
}

@PART[centrifuge1]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 2332
}
}

@PART[inflato1]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 2332
}
}

@PART[inflato2]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 2332
}
}

@PART[inflatoFlat]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 2332
}
}

@PART[orbitalorb]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 2332
}
}

Looks good but the basemass for TANK_DEFINITION isn't where you want -1, it's in the ModuleFuelTank that you put in the part configuration (or that you splice in with MM)

Looks like you could do it either way. I checked in the VAB and all parts retain their default mass with the mass of the tank contents on top of it. I think this is because I defined my own tanks instead of using the provided definitions.

Anyway I added food & water to the hitch-hiker and gave the stock science lab the ability to recycle waste resources. Really streamlines the whole system and cuts down on part count. Right now it's balanced so that one science lab = one complete recyling "stack", which is capable of outputting enough oxygen for 9 kerbals. All of you have to do is load up on food and water just like real life. I put the cfg in my cig if you want to mess with it.

Edit: removing the tank definitions for the sake of being streamlined and I'm gonna start tweaking the volume based on the base mass of the parts.

Mrnoname,

When 0.24.2 was released, I checked the six workarounds in The Mac OS X Thread. Link in my signature. The easiest to use (clicking through a crew report) definitely works for the F.L.A.T.

I've seen that, but I have yet to try it. I might actually be able to redownload this now!

Mrnoname,

When 0.24.2 was released, I checked the six workarounds in The Mac OS X Thread. Link in my signature. The easiest to use (clicking through a crew report) definitely works for the F.L.A.T.

The link in your signature results in the forum displaying an error message that no link was specified.

Uhm, well... i started a brand new sandbox and the pieces were all there! Can you tell me in which research node i will discover them, in career mode?

Space station parts... I forget the name but it's a little later on and it's on the top right. It's the one right after the ARM claw, connected to that one in fact.

I think.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.