[1.0.x] Habitat Pack v0.41

Porkjet

you have to inflate the centrifuge first to allow for crew transfer to work (well it should, i'm pretty sure).

Correct, except that there's also an animation issue where rotation animation intereferes with inflation. The inflation animation can stop/reverse if the hab is rotated. If that happens then the habitat plugin bundled with this pack can get confused and it thinks the hab is no longer inflated.

I posted a solution a number of times which basically replaces one of the animation modules so that one is handled by the stock animation system and the other by the Firespitter animator.

There is a more correct solution to that problem which involves animation blending but the stock animator does not do that. Nor do any of its replacements.

@Helix935: I actually did allow the centrifuge to fully inflate before attempting any crew transfers.

@StarWaster: I searched the thread for animation discussions and found what you were alluding to. It seems to have fixed the issue. There's now a minor issues where CrewXfer now thinks there's 2 of each person in the module and offers 2 transfer-buttons per name, but it seems to be benign. Thanks.

Hey Porkbro, you still working on this? It would be awesome if there were otherwise identical but wider versions of the Inflato Storage Containers. I like to include these parts on anything that involves the crew spending more than a week in space, but they're really awkward to fit on craft that are otherwise using 2.5m or 3.75m wide hulls, let alone those new B9 monstrosities. Probably wouldn't been too much work compared to making a new part, as you could use the same IVAs and ditch the hatches since crew transfer hatches are now a thing.

Edited by Parokki
typo

is there a CLS config for it?

I didn't see anyone answer this--but I made one. Paste this into a .cfg file and put it somewhere in your GameData folder--I keep it with GameData\ConnectedLivingSpaces\Plugins with the rest.

@PART[orbitalorb]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleConnectedLivingSpace
passable = true
}
}
@PART[inflatoFlat]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
MODULE
{
passable = true
}
}
@PART[inflato2]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
MODULE
{
passable = true
}
}
@PART[inflato1]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
MODULE
{
passable = true
}
}
@PART[centrifuge1]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
MODULE
{
passable = true
}
}

I can't make the centrifuge stop spinning or deflate it once I make it start spinning.

Go back and read over the past few pages. I posted a work around for that.

Oops no I didn't; I misunderstood what you said... don't think the centrifuge can be stopped (except for playing another animation, but that's because the animation system is a bit broken)

Edited by Starwaster

Well I am just not having any luck getting the cetrifuge to work under .24.2. I have added the CLS config file that LitaAlto posted and it still doesn't show it usable. Animations work fine just can't put Kerbals into it.

Make a file named centrifuge1_tweak.cfg somewhere in your GameData folder and paste the following into it.

(it's actually a MM style version of the config I alluded to in my previous post but I can't even find that so I guess it's too far back so I wrote it up like this)

@PART[centrifuge1]
{
@MODULE[ModuleAnimateGeneric],1
{
@name = FSanimateGeneric
layer = 2
}
}

Edited by Starwaster
Edited config

Make a file named centrifuge1_tweak.cfg somewhere in your GameData folder and paste the following into it.

(it's actually a MM style version of the config I alluded to in my previous post but I can't even find that so I guess it's too far back so I wrote it up like this)

@PART[centrifuge1]
{
@MODULE[ModuleAnimateGeneric],1
{
@name = FSanimateGeneric
}
}

Isis the original starwaster MM config to use firespitter animation. Seems to work but it animates in the VAB immediately even deflated and will only reverse or spin. The inflate/deflate works fine. Is this normal? U can't start/stop the spinning animation? Does anyone else get this?

Edited by JPLRepo

Isis the original stare aster MM config to use firespitter animation. Seems to work but it animates in the VAB immediately even deflated and will only reverse or spin. The inflate/deflate works fine. Is this normal? U can't start/stop the spinning animation? Does anyone else get this?

Correct the spinning doesn't stop.

Both animation modules in the original are stock. I made one Firespitter because if one type of module is handling two animations, it tends to cancel one of the animations. And if the inflation animation is what got stopped then you can't enter the hab.

Correct the spinning doesn't stop.

Both animation modules in the original are stock. I made one Firespitter because if one type of module is handling two animations, it tends to cancel one of the animations. And if the inflation animation is what got stopped then you can't enter the hab.

Thanks, Thought so was just wondering. I tried changing both to firespitter but of course the dll code then doesn't work for putting kerbals in if inflated or not. So I created my own version of the dll and it works but still the animation issue. Is this animation issue with unity itself or could I fix it in the model animations? Sorry I'm a coder and have no experience with modeling.

Thanks, Thought so was just wondering. I tried changing both to firespitter but of course the dll code then doesn't work for putting kerbals in if inflated or not. So I created my own version of the dll and it works but still the animation issue. Is this animation issue with unity itself or could I fix it in the model animations? Sorry I'm a coder and have no experience with modeling.

No you don't change both. Just one. That's why I posted that config for you. Copy and paste that into a new empty config file in gamedata.

No you don't change both. Just one. That's why I posted that config for you. Copy and paste that into a new empty config file in gamedata.

I understand that I was experimenting to try and figure out how to fix the animation but it appears to be something funky in unity ? Or the model animation? That's what I was trying to work out.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.