[1.0.x] Habitat Pack v0.41

Porkjet

Hey guys, I wrote a module to stop the centrifuge animation. Compiled version and source: see below...

Jut extract the archive content into your HabitatPack folder. It removes the option to reverse the rotation though.

Edited by whiteout1911

I'm afraid I can't do that

Role reversal.... :rolleyes:

Hey guys, I wrote a module to stop the centrifuge animation. Compiled version and source: http://www./download/6h35t8ui5f1bvdb/habitat_rotationstopper.zip

Jut extract the archive content into your HabitatPack folder. It removes the option to reverse the rotation though.

You should post some sort of license with that, even if it's just a public domain notice... and it's supposed to be in the download file too. (you have no idea how often I've been bitten by that....)

I'm curious though, have you tested this against my layered animation module? I'm pretty sure your code should work with that too since I'm just extending the ModuleAnimateGeneric class.... but would be good to know.

@Starwaster

Yes, I did test it with your module, no problems. I have to fix something else though, I'll reupload that in a second and add a license.

Edit: Here's the download: http://www./download/e469ren9ir5v3hc/RotationAnimStopper.zip

Released into the public domain:

This is free and unencumbered software released into the public domain.

Anyone is free to copy, modify, publish, use, compile, sell, or

distribute this software, either in source code form or as a compiled

binary, for any purpose, commercial or non-commercial, and by any

means.

If someone has any idea why I have to loop through the ModuleAnimateGeneric objects instead of just being able to use

ModuleAnimateGeneric module = this.part.GetComponents<ModuleAnimateGeneric>().Where(m => m.animationName == animationName).FirstOrDefault();

I would be grateful.

Edited by whiteout1911

• 2 weeks later...
It seems I have an imposter. There can only be one, shoe7ess. Im afraid I can't let you continue existing.

Impossible I'm afraid, there are many HAL9000 models in existence. Chances are that we are, in fact, brothers.

On another note, the amount of people who know the song from my sig is amazing.

Edited by shoe7ess

Been trying to get the landing legs from this to actually use the landing leg module, but I can't get the module to understand that the legs start deployed not retracted. If I try setting 'startDeployed=true' in the .cfg then the module then treats it as deployed, but reverses the starting state (the legs are visually retracted).

Any ideas or is it just more hassle than it is worth?

Been trying to get the landing legs from this to actually use the landing leg module, but I can't get the module to understand that the legs start deployed not retracted. If I try setting 'startDeployed=true' in the .cfg then the module then treats it as deployed, but reverses the starting state (the legs are visually retracted).

Any ideas or is it just more hassle than it is worth?

The Base Mount is just an animated part. I'm pretty sure that it was not designed to be used with ModuleLandingLeg and cannot take advantage of that module's features.

The Base Mount is just an animated part. I'm pretty sure that it was not designed to be used with ModuleLandingLeg and cannot take advantage of that module's features.

Does the lack of the module make the base mount any less effective as a landing leg?

Does the lack of the module make the base mount any less effective as a landing leg?

Yep it does. Landing leg module makes part act as spring+damper. The base mount instead tries to slide off the ship during not-perfect landings.

And yes, perfect landing is 1-3 m/s.

Yep it does. Landing leg module makes part act as spring+damper. The base mount instead tries to slide off the ship during not-perfect landings.

And yes, perfect landing is 1-3 m/s.

Except that spring/damper depend on the part's mesh(es) being arranged a certain way in a particular hierarchy. Without that arrangement, it's just another animated mesh no matter what you do with ModuleLandingLeg.

Except that spring/damper depend on the part's mesh(es) being arranged a certain way in a particular hierarchy. Without that arrangement, it's just another animated mesh no matter what you do with ModuleLandingLeg.

I hope Porkjet can do a quick update for that then. :(

Or if not, can someone else do it? Probably need to contact Porkjet for redistribution permission though,

I hope Porkjet can do a quick update for that then. :(

Or if not, can someone else do it? Probably need to contact Porkjet for redistribution permission though,

You would need the source files of the mesh - only PorkJet would have those. I wouldn't hold your breath.

Would be nice to finally have interior for flat inflato...

I may even model it in 3ds max, but only if someone else provides me with the outer model in commonly accessible format, and does texturing and eporting.

And of course, with PorkJet permission and as stockalike as possible.

Would be nice to finally have interior for flat inflato...

I may even model it in 3ds max, but only if someone else provides me with the outer model in commonly accessible format, and does texturing and eporting.

And of course, with PorkJet permission and as stockalike as possible.

Looking like this?

dBGuYgml.jpg

Yep, seen that picture somewhere. Similar design, but I've thought of a different layout, more like that Mars Descent Vehicle in Mars Direct concepts. Center is empty (after deployment), on sides are crew bunks, common hall and lavatory+kitchen. Only two bunks, other two kerbals are more like visitors from other modules. I always have double or triple kerbal capacity in my ships.

I can't export and import now, and can only work in Max - is there an importer? But I'll need help with rigging and setting up anyways.

Edited by sashan

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.