[1.0.x] Habitat Pack v0.41

Porkjet

Does this work with 0.90?

Yeah, it's mostly just parts.

I do suggest though that you download my plugin Layered Animations, which fixes a problem with the centrifuge animations:

https://github.com/Starwaster/LayeredAnimations/releases/tag/1.1

It also requires Module Manager (not included).

Included in the download is a config file that will patch the centrifuge when Module Manager is installed.

• 2 weeks later...

I might have installed it incorrectly, but the fix I picked up a ways back in this thread didn't correct the "spinning = no crew capacity" part of the glitch. Currently I can inflate it and deflate it, but cannot stop a spin once rotation has begun (without deflating) and cannot place Kerbals in it until the ring is stationary. Does this sound correct?

EDIT: Disregard, this issue arose because I was using a scaled up version of the part for other purposes, and the layered animation tweak config file didn't apply to anything other than centrifuge1, even after duplicating the code for the other part. I manually added the LayeredAnimation lines in the part.cfg of my centrifuge2 and was successful.

Edited by Warhawk

Umm... did porkjet quit this?

i know he's busy with the stock stuff, but...

Effectively yes. I caught him on IRC once and in regards to future habitation rings and etc. he said, "Maybe after 1.0."

Aka don't hold your breath. Porkjet does a lot of things, and parts getting left behind is a natural consequence of his not having a dozen concurrent lives.

Does only the ring have a crew capacity?

OK, many don't have it listed in the usual place in the VAB, since they only have the capacity when deployed. They are 4 and 6 (huge one) crew for the other 3.

Edited by tater

• 2 weeks later...

Just mind that you can't stop the centrifuge properly once started spinning it. Without crew it can be retracted and stopped - that will end the rotation immediately, without animation.

There were some solution several pages ago, but I couldn't care less to try it out.

Also don't forget to update firespitter.dll.

[...]

There were some solution several pages ago, but I couldn't care less to try it out.

[...]

If you don't mind using a solution that you don't exactly know the source (can't remember where it was either), here what Starwaster gave me:

//------------------------ Animation Fix for Habitat Pack
@PART[centrifuge1]
{
@MODULE[ModuleAnimateGeneric],0
{
@name = ModuleLayeredAnimator
layer = 0
}
}
@PART[centrifuge1]
{
@MODULE[ModuleAnimateGeneric],1
{
@name = ModuleLayeredAnimator
layer = 1
}
}

----- UPDATE ----

I think I got it here...

Download this:

https://github.com/Starwaster/LayeredAnimations/releases/download/1.1/LayeredAnimations.v1.1.zip

Then you don't have to make your own config file.

Make sure Module Manager is installed.

The plugin is public domain

Source: https://github.com/Starwaster/LayeredAnimations

Edited by Starwaster

HELP!! One of the inflataable habs The PA550 i think has deflated itself for no reasons and trapped all my crew inside. Now the ship is uncontollable, the crew disappeared because the deflated hab puts in a "locked" status. How would I get the habitat inflated by a save game hack? This ship is a dead dog if I cant get my crew out or the hab inflated. By the way the "deploy" button is no longer visible. Thats why the hab is stuck.

Edited by lextacy

HELP!! One of the inflataable habs The PA550 i think has deflated itself for no reasons and trapped all my crew inside. Now the ship is uncontollable, the crew disappeared because the deflated hab puts in a "locked" status. How would I get the habitat inflated by a save game hack? This ship is a dead dog if I cant get my crew out or the hab inflated. By the way the "deploy" button is no longer visible. Thats why the hab is stuck.

You can't access any of its function if you don't have a manned command module.

If it's stuck and you can't get a command ship out there or any other Kerbals then edit your save file. (external Kerbals can deploy / retract the part)

To fix it in the save file:

Find the part's entry in your save file. Set animTime to 1. Save

MODULE
{
name = ModuleAnimateGeneric
isEnabled = True
status = Locked
animSwitch = False
animTime = 1
animSpeed = 1

I have a bit of a problem with the centrifuge. In the VAB (and probably SPH but haven't tested it) when it is attached to a ship, the right-click menu for everything gets disabled. Removing the part, leaving the VAB, and returning re-enables the right-click menus.

I installed a lot of mods at the same time as this one, so it might not be this mod. I came here because the problem only happens with this specific part. If no one else is having this problem then let me know and I'll start playing with things to isolate the bug.

edit:

I found a second part that causes this bug. RoverDude's OKS Hab-Ring. This makes me think that the rotation is the problem because both parts rotate, but it also makes me think that it isn't because neither part uses the same animation module for rotation.

FYI, I noticed all your crewed parts have the code line "stagingIcon = COMMAND_POD" with only the TMA-1 commenting it out.

Edited by Invader Myk

I have a bit of a problem with the centrifuge. In the VAB (and probably SPH but haven't tested it) when it is attached to a ship, the right-click menu for everything gets disabled. Removing the part, leaving the VAB, and returning re-enables the right-click menus.

I installed a lot of mods at the same time as this one, so it might not be this mod. I came here because the problem only happens with this specific part. If no one else is having this problem then let me know and I'll start playing with things to isolate the bug.

edit:

I found a second part that causes this bug. RoverDude's OKS Hab-Ring. This makes me think that the rotation is the problem because both parts rotate, but it also makes me think that it isn't because neither part uses the same animation module for rotation.

FYI, I noticed all your crewed parts have the code line "stagingIcon = COMMAND_POD" with only the TMA-1 commenting it out.

I can't reproduce any of that. All context menus continue to work just fine even after placing every single one of Porkjet's inflatables on my ship and turning on every animation. (if that matters)

Post a log file after starting the game, going into the VAB and reproducing the problem, then immediately exiting the game (to keep the log small and easy to search)

Read here for information on finding and posting your log:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92229

(You have a log file even if no crash occurred. You always have a log unless you explicitly disable logging)

I was up all last night trying (and failing) to replicate with a clean install, which I'll keep trying. After realizing that I have 100 mods installed, I'm starting to think that "too many mods" might actually be a thing.

edit:

Here's the log file.

Edited by Invader Myk
bad reading comprehension

I was up all last night trying (and failing) to replicate with a clean install, which I'll keep trying. After realizing that I have 100 mods installed, I'm starting to think that "too many mods" might actually be a thing.

edit:

Here's the log file.

Wrong log file. Read the link I posted. ksp.log lacks information

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.