[1.0.x] Habitat Pack v0.41

Porkjet

Admittedly, some people may realize there is a difference between 1.0 and 1.0.2 and some of us may not know enough about the changes between the two to assume what works in 1.0 will do so in 1.0.2 So I say give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

Tested it with the workaround in 1.0.2 and it works just as intended.

ZbG1tiQ.png

Retracted

6y6InR8.png

Deployed

With Porkjets friendly permission, heres a workaround for all people that don´t want to try to fix it themselfs:

[Defunct link removed by a moderator]

Edited by James Kerman
link removed

With Porkjets friendly permission, heres a workaround for all people that don´t want to try to fix it themselfs

Any reason why you don't have TechTree integration?

Here's my config for the techtree, if you want to add it into your MM config package:

@PART[baseMount]

{

@TechRequired = advMetalworks

@description = The low profile base mount for all of your low profile base mounting needs!

}

@PART[centrifuge1]:NEEDS[!CommunityTechTree]

{

@TechRequired = metaMaterials

@title = ILS-1 Habitat Centrifuge

@entryCost = 30000

@cost = 12500

}

@PART[centrifuge1]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]

{

@TechRequired = offworldManufacturing

@title = ILS-1 Habitat Centrifuge

@entryCost = 30000

@cost = 12500

}

@PART[inflato1]

{

@entryCost = 20000

@cost = 8500

}

@PART[inflato2]

{

@TechRequired = composites

@entryCost = 12500

@cost = 5000

}

@PART[inflatoFlat]

{

@entryCost = 25000

@cost = 10000

}

@PART[orbitalorb]

{

@TechRequired = commandModules

@entryCost = 5400

@cost = 1600

}

Edited by Selentic

Looks wonderful, thanks for the fix! I take it there are no IVA's for these modules?:)

The Orb has a great one! With RPM support, even. The others are more bare-bones, but the FLAT is the only part that is missing its IVA. (Though you can always use the Inflato2's.)

Any reason why you don't have TechTree integration?

I was wrong, it already is part of the techtree...

I think I´m too lazy to make it part of the community techtree. I´ll just wait for the newer, better partpack that is comming :)

Edited by Maschinenbauer
Lazieness

wait, what about these don't work in 1.0.2? I've been using it directly from CKAN and, as far as I can tell, they've been working just fine...

Making a proper update is always better. Since this hasn't been updated since 0.23.5 (almost a year ago, if not more!), there are probably a lot of code errors that might enhance the mod even more. Porkjet could you please update this (and your other outdated mods) to work with the latest update? Your mods are probably of highest standard, as they look very stock-alike and have very great functions.

Looking at the configs, all parts have an inverted "node_stack_bottom" normal:

In ALL .cfgs, juts change the value highlighted red:

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, xxxx, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2

to:

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, xxxx, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2

This will allow attachment to the lower node.

Looking at the configs, all parts have an inverted "node_stack_bottom" normal:

In ALL .cfgs, juts change the value highlighted red:

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, xxxx, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2

to:

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, xxxx, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2

This will allow attachment to the lower node.

look a few posts back. someone already posted a fix for it.

look a few posts back. someone already posted a fix for it.

And there's the problem with not having an official update. Not criticizing, just saying that's just not as nice or complete as a simple update to the package (with bugfixes) would be, especially for noobies who only came in at 1.0

And there's the problem with not having an official update. Not criticizing, just saying that's just not as nice or complete as a simple update to the package (with bugfixes) would be, especially for noobies who only came in at 1.0

Don't tell it to me, I'm just another player (and modder with other mods) who's nice enough to stop in and either help with solutions or point people at other solutions (which all too often happen to appear on the very page their plaintive cry for help appears on that they would have seen if they'd taken a moment to glance at the last page or two)

Porkjet, come on! This parts pack doesn't deserve it to die! I really want to use these, (I know, it works with 1.0.2) but it may cause bugs and the memory size is just too big.

You're worrying too much if you think it is going to cause bugs... use the fixes that people have posted here and you'll be fine.

I've tried using this mod in 1.0.2 with the Caretaker Files (And yes, I've got the original files as well as the caretaker ones so I have all the necessary files) and the parts don't seem to appear. Every time I try to use Alt+F12 to recompile the parts, It says something along the lines of "Unable to Compile part" for all the Habitat Pack parts. Anyone know a workaround for this issue?

Outstanding, lets hope Squad see the light and let him revue all space station parts.

I've broached the topic before and there's some question as to whether there's a real need for inflatables so it doesn't seem likely to happen.

- - - Updated - - -

I've tried using this mod in 1.0.2 with the Caretaker Files (And yes, I've got the original files as well as the caretaker ones so I have all the necessary files) and the parts don't seem to appear. Every time I try to use Alt+F12 to recompile the parts, It says something along the lines of "Unable to Compile part" for all the Habitat Pack parts. Anyone know a workaround for this issue?

Post an output_log.txt (or player.log if Linux/Mac). I'll take a look at it and see what's happening.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.