[1.0.x] Habitat Pack v0.41

Porkjet

I'm not sure if it is the compatibility issue with the pack or if it a bug in the pack itself, but once the centrifuge part starts spinning, the centrifuge cannot be boarded (it will say that the centrifuge is full).

Sounds like you need some patches I posted. They're no more than a few pages back.

I'm just reading a book The Martian and I started to think about sending a mission to duna with inflatable habitats. The problem is there are half sphear modules. I don't want to annoy you but I would really want to have small medium and large inflatable baloon like habitats. Also if you would add the popup tents, that would be grait.

I'm just reading a book The Martian and I started to think about sending a mission to duna with inflatable habitats. The problem is there are half sphear modules. I don't want to annoy you but I would really want to have small medium and large inflatable baloon like habitats. Also if you would add the popup tents, that would be grait.

You may want to check out the Pathfinder mod http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/122484-WIP-1-0-4-Pathfinder-Geoscience-for-better-resource-extraction-0-1-5

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this was it's intention or I'm getting a bug, but I cannot put any kerbals at all into the inflatable parts. The only two parts that I have that have game recognized 'crew space' is the Orb and the Centrifuge.

Bug, feature or user error? (1.0.4)

I'm not sure if this was it's intention or I'm getting a bug, but I cannot put any kerbals at all into the inflatable parts. The only two parts that I have that have game recognized 'crew space' is the Orb and the Centrifuge.

Bug, feature or user error? (1.0.4)

They have to be inflated in flight.

I'd love to try this, but I haven't been able to find a lot of info on how the parts work in career mode. Do they seem balanced to people? Are they too easy? Too hard?

That's one of the things that I'm finding very difficult with going into KSP mod-heavy, there's no way of knowing where in the tech tree the mods are located, or how expensive they are going to be. I'd like it if sandbox mode let you go into the R&D building and see where all of the items stack up in the tech tree, but you can't do that. They just turn the R&D building off. So really the only way to test a modded tech tree is to play it through. And if it does end up being uncomfortably balance, tough luck.

@PTNLemay, Just start another career save on super easy mode (except you may need to turn on unlocking costs for those to show up), and unlock as many nodes as you can. Then quit, and edit your persistence file to have a bunch more science and funds to unlock the rest of the tree.

@ lurkoholic, Yeah... it just seems odd to me. That's what the sandbox mode is supposed to be all about "Look, the game starts and the whole tech tree is unlocked and available to you!" That'd be a perfect way of showing the whole tech-tree, tweaking the values as you see them.

"Hmm, this mod's parts are a bit too expensive, but this other mod's parts will help me get there, so it balances out." And when you start mixing and matching mods on the fly, you end up with a lot of different tech tree combinations.

Edited by PTNLemay

@ lurkoholic, Yeah... it just seems odd to me. That's what the sandbox mode is supposed to be all about "Look, the game starts and the whole tech tree is unlocked and available to you!" That'd be a perfect way of showing the whole tech-tree, tweaking the values as you see them.

"Hmm, this mod's parts are a bit too expensive, but this other mod's parts will help me get there, so it balances out." And when you start mixing and matching mods on the fly, you end up with a lot of different tech tree combinations.

You can see all the parts and their positions in the tech tree anyway, you don't have to unlock them first at all. The only thing you can't see at first I think is how much a part costs in the VAB (though even that might be displayed).

If you want to know the details of a specific part, you could open its config file in the GameData folder too.

Also you could always tweek certain values to your liking by using custom ModuleManager config files of your own making. I do that heavily for HullcamVDS and KW Rockrtry because I prefer their costs to be different and tech node placements to be in different spots. You aren't limited to only what the mods give you:wink:

You can see all the parts and their positions in the tech tree anyway, you don't have to unlock them first at all. The only thing you can't see at first I think is how much a part costs in the VAB (though even that might be displayed).

The VAB does give costs even in Sandbox. It also displays total vessel cost. It just doesn't have anything to deduct them from and doesn't use cost to determine if a craft can launch or not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Is there an issue with the temperature and certain items in-game? The centrifuge always seems to suffer from overheat on atmospheric re-entry (even when shielded behind multiple heat shields). Moreover, neighbouring objects do not suffer from this heating issue at all.

What gives?

What shield(s) are you using to protect it? I don't think any of the stock ones are large enough, nor are any that come with DRE (if you use that)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.