[1.0.x] Habitat Pack v0.41

Porkjet

On 5/22/2016 at 7:40 AM, Starstrider42 said:

Quick question about the new models Porkjet is working on: if I install 0.41 (sans centrifuge) and then upgrade to the upcoming release, will that break existing crafts?

From what I remember seeing from Porkjet's initial pictures (which of course is all under development) it seemed a whole different set of inflatable parts. So yes, it would break existing crafts if you'd replace the existing mod with the new one, but suspect you can install them side by side.

13 minutes ago, Comet Tail said:

I can't seem to find this mod on Ckan anymore... Did you pull it because of the centrifuge bug?

CKAN only shows you mods that are compatible with your version of KSP. If a mod indicates it is limited to a certain version or certain range of version numbers and you have filter set to Compatible, then you wont see the mod.

9 hours ago, Starstrider42 said:

Ok, if the changes are going to be that big then I I'm better off waiting. Thanks for the info!

But then you'd be without anything inflateable! I'm going to assume the two mods will perfectly coexist with each other, so I'll be habi to use the existing Habitat Pack, and then retire it (after taking all craft using parts from it out of comission) once the new mod comes out which might take a while.

2 hours ago, bigdad84 said:

So, are the landing legs broken? How do I get them to work? I ready through the last 7 pages of the thread and didn't see any fixes. 1.1.2?

Try reading the very first page. You require the Firespitter plugin. The landing legs use FSAnimateGeneric instead of the stock ModuleAnimateGeneric. (it's just an animated part is all it is)

18 hours ago, Tonycoolbek said:

This mod crashes the current game?

Will there be any updates to the centrifuge so that way it can work again in the new version of KSP?
And if so when do you think it will be ready and were would the update be posted?  

Thanks 

The centrifuge is the only part that does that. Other parts are safe to use.

10 hours ago, Starwaster said:

The centrifuge is the only part that does that. Other parts are safe to use.

Yes this true.

When I try to go to lunch I end up in space and the game crash, which is a shame because I would like to continue building a space station I had using that part in the previous version and I was wondering if there was the possibility of it ever being fixed. 

And it's annoying because I'm curious as to why only that part is broken or crashes the game when the others don't and have tried a few times to fix it to no success. 

28 minutes ago, Tonycoolbek said:

And it's annoying because I'm curious as to why only that part is broken or crashes the game when the others don't and have tried a few times to fix it to no success. 

I have no exact insights, but I do know this:

• The new Unity engine involves changes to animations
  • Continuous animations in 1.0 (and before) were problematic (one of the reasons you couldn't stop the centrifuge once you got it started)
  • The centrifuge is the only part that contains continuous animation

It really looks like we'll have to wait this one out (one of the reasons I'm very selective with part mods; there's always the risk they break your save)

2 hours ago, Kerbart said:

I have no exact insights, but I do know this:

• The new Unity engine involves changes to animations
  • Continuous animations in 1.0 (and before) were problematic (one of the reasons you couldn't stop the centrifuge once you got it started)
  • The centrifuge is the only part that contains continuous animation

It really looks like we'll have to wait this one out (one of the reasons I'm very selective with part mods; there's always the risk they break your save)

The logs indicated a collider issue rather than an animation issue as being the cause of the crashing, though neither should be able to crash the game, so I'd say there's a serious bug in there somewhere.

hi,

i wanted to try to build a space station with parts from this mod... or particularly ONE part (it was the chosen one! it was going to make my design practical and beautiful at once! I named my firstborn after that part!) the Inflato Storage Container F.L.A.T. . And I can't because in the VAB I can't attach anything to it. If I try to attach it another port that wors nicely. But not the other way around. The attachment nodes show up but other parts just don't snap onto them,

I am using KSP 1.1.2... is this a compatability issue? Am I doing things wrong? I do have the firespitter plugin installed... it seemed that was important...

Also on a side note... the VAB does not show any crew spaces in that part... wich seemed sort of weird seeing that it has a dedicated airlock on it.

Edited by bertibott

5 hours ago, bertibott said:

hi,

i wanted to try to build a space station with parts from this mod... or particularly ONE part (it was the chosen one! it was going to make my design practical and beautiful at once! I named my firstborn after that part!) the Inflato Storage Container F.L.A.T. . And I can't because in the VAB I can't attach anything to it. If I try to attach it another port that wors nicely. But not the other way around. The attachment nodes show up but other parts just don't snap onto them,  (...)

Also on a side note... the VAB does not show any crew spaces in that part... wich seemed sort of weird seeing that it has a dedicated airlock on it.

I have the same issue from time to time. Turning on clipping in the Alt+F12 menu works for me (strangely).

I think that the crew spaces are only there when the various units are inflated, so that's probably why you don't see them.

3 hours ago, Kerbart said:

Turning on clipping in the Alt+F12 menu works for me (strangely).

Nope... that didn't help... all that does is that i can attach a second part to the node that i originally atached the Inflato to... So... I have a secon module "inside" the Inflato... still can't attach anything to that module... hope that makes sense...

1 hour ago, bertibott said:

Nope... that didn't help... all that does is that i can attach a second part to the node that i originally atached the Inflato to... So... I have a secon module "inside" the Inflato... still can't attach anything to that module... hope that makes sense...

I don't remember it having attach node issues but apparently it does... here's a link to a post that should help: 

8 hours ago, Starwaster said:

I don't remember it having attach node issues but apparently it does... here's a link to a post that should help:

okay... so i downloaded the file and put it in my gamedata folder. still nothing. is there anything else that i can do?

I don't have any issue with nodes. Regarding the lack of crew storage space, that's by design. The way it works is that it only has space when it's inflated and none while it's closed. I'm not sure this gets recognized in the editor though (as in inflating in the editor might not update the capacity, but do you really want to launch with a fully inflated Hab?).

I do have a few other minor issues though, but I think I'll just wait for an update.

@Starwaster thanks for keeping the lights on in this thread, so to speak. I know Porkjet is pretty busy.

Question for you: the restrictor module...as long as I have the deployment animation name correct, is there anything else needed to use it in other inflatable habs? I seem to remember getting it working in the past. Also, is the layered animator plugin still required or has that been made stock (layer = #)?

Cheers.

3 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

I don't have any issue with nodes. Regarding the lack of crew storage space, that's by design. The way it works is that it only has space when it's inflated and none while it's closed. I'm not sure this gets recognized in the editor though (as in inflating in the editor might not update the capacity, but do you really want to launch with a fully inflated Hab?).

I do have a few other minor issues though, but I think I'll just wait for an update.

@Starwaster thanks for keeping the lights on in this thread, so to speak. I know Porkjet is pretty busy.

Question for you: the restrictor module...as long as I have the deployment animation name correct, is there anything else needed to use it in other inflatable habs? I seem to remember getting it working in the past. Also, is the layered animator plugin still required or has that been made stock (layer = #)?

Cheers.

Pretty sure the restrictor would work for any animatable object

My layered animator plugin is obsolete. Just add layer = # to the stock animator module with each animation getting its own layer. (prevents animations from cancelling each other out)

• 2 weeks later...

Is @Porkjet still maintaining or planning to maintain this mod? It hasn't been updated in ages. The parts are great, and I've been tinkering with making a USI-LS compatibility patch for my own use. I'd love to share it, but I also want to make sure I do things properly and don't violate any community standards, so I ought to start with seeing if this mod is abandoned or not.

1 hour ago, Tokamak said:

Is @Porkjet still maintaining or planning to maintain this mod? It hasn't been updated in ages. The parts are great, and I've been tinkering with making a USI-LS compatibility patch for my own use. I'd love to share it, but I also want to make sure I do things properly and don't violate any community standards, so I ought to start with seeing if this mod is abandoned or not.

Apparently Porkjet is working on a Habitat Pack V2, but all we've seen are a few screenshots and a Reddit post from quite a while ago.

On 4/29/2015 at 0:53 PM, philly_idle said:

@PART[inflatoFlat] {
	@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.9375, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2
}

Hrm... The F.L.A.T attachment node is still borked for me. I can attach it in a stack, facing any way, flipped however you please, but then no other stack part can attach to it. In the config, the nodes are:

node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.9375, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2
node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.9375, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2

So there is, at least for me, apparently more to it than just that. Huh.

7 minutes ago, Andem said:

Apparently Porkjet is working on a Habitat Pack V2, but all we've seen are a few screenshots and a Reddit post from quite a while ago.

Yeah, I saw those. I'll be excited for that to come out! Until then, it seems a terrible shame for these parts to go to waste. I'd love to make them useful for life support/habitation. Perhaps if I @mention @Porkjet a few times, he'll give me guidance on what I can/should do vis-a-vis patching and/or redistribution. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.