[1.0.x] Habitat Pack v0.41

Porkjet

Just to update on my last post - it seems there is some incompatibility now between Habitat Pack and Raster Prop Monitor. Game crashes while using Orbital Orb and RPM at same time. Log:

Am i lacking some internal part? I don't remember downloading any additonal internal parts for Habitat Pack i 0.23.0

EDIT:

Looks like RPM might be incompatible with the new directory name. "PorkWorks" directory name is atm included in standard config to RPM, and since the directory name changed to "HabitatPack", it might spew out krakens. Have yet to check it out but seems reasonable.

So look for the RPM files for the Orb and edit them. Find any directory references (if there are any) and update them.

Any chance on getting it up to date with 0.23.5? Right now the Orb just straight up crashes game for me.

After loading craft (with attached Orb), staging is gone (until i manualy decouple something, by using right mouse click) and when i try to Eva Kerbal - Kraken's just getting all over place, 666m altitude, planet exploding etc.

This pretty much renders any Sojuz-based craft pretty unplayable for me now. From what i saw in the log and on Unity forums - it might be related to some Animation Module with wrong values (probably 0/NaN).

Yeah, same thing happenes to me, except that i didnt tried to eva, but staging disappears.

Yeah, same thing happenes to me, except that i didnt tried to eva, but staging disappears.

Just as i noticed in edit and Starwaster wrote above - simplest solution is to change HabitatPack directory name back to "PorkWorks", eventually modify the RPM config so it relates to proper directory name.

Just as i noticed in edit and Starwaster wrote above - simplest solution is to change HabitatPack directory name back to "PorkWorks", eventually modify the RPM config so it relates to proper directory name.

No, what I propose is editing the RPM files that are altering the Orb and changing those. In fact, ultimately that is what has to happen on RPM's side to fix this. Have you looked for them? Without a doubt that's where the problem will be.

I know that Bobcat's HOME has one of those, not sure if it'd look good outside of the HOME system, though. TiberDyne Shuttle Booster System also has two, but it might be a bit much to install for only two parts.

Whoa, thanks, partner!

I'm not sure with HOME, 'cuz as far as I know, there are only inflatable habitation tents.

I will check Tyberdyne today, thanks.

I think I'm in love with the Habitat Pack

Suddenly, I'm flashing back to Portal, with GLaDOS saying, "Maybe you should marry that thing since you love it so much. Do you want to marry it? WELL I WON'T LET YOU! How does that feel? "

No, what I propose is editing the RPM files that are altering the Orb and changing those. In fact, ultimately that is what has to happen on RPM's side to fix this. Have you looked for them? Without a doubt that's where the problem will be.

what files exactly are these?

This pack is planned to provide a variety of habitat modules like inflatable living spaces, artificial gravity centrifuges and base building parts........

Hi,

Just wanna say thanks alot and please make more Ground Deployable stuff. I want to make a base for minmus and mun. This mod will help alot and in conjuction with the KMP mod. i think my friends and I will have alot of fun with this.

RPM's configuration files most likely.

oh, you are right.

i was searching for these at habitat pack directory first.

my rpm was outdated anwyway so instead of manually fixing i just ownloaded new version.

New version out!

I gave the old Pa550 a new look and made the bottom cap much smaller so that you can attach 2.5m parts flush, even 3.75 parts look not so bad, leaving only a small gap

CeHKDim.jpg

Also a new part for mounting habitats for bases. Has a small space underneeth where you can attach stuff, like a battery or even an small engine.

ObSNwoz.jpg

New version out!

I gave the old Pa550 a new look and made the bottom cap much smaller so that you can attach 2.5m parts flush, even 3.75 parts look not so bad, leaving only a small gap

http://i.imgur.com/CeHKDim.jpg

Also a new part for mounting habitats for bases. Has a small space underneeth where you can attach stuff, like a battery or even an small engine.

http://i.imgur.com/ObSNwoz.jpg

Wow! those part revamps look great! Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

New version out!

http://i.imgur.com/CeHKDim.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ObSNwoz.jpg

Great work Porkjet! Why keep this a secret for all this time though? You still have a development thread you know :wink:

I seem to have some problems with the 0.4 version.

1. No IVAs. They worked fine in 0.3, now they're not loading at all.
  2. If I leave a part via Crew Hatch, the game crashes and I get a bunch of NaN errors in the log.

Note: I did not copy over the outdated FireSpitter.dll from the zip since I'm using FireSpitter in the most recent version. Maybe there is a conflict.

Great work Porkjet! Why keep this a secret for all this time though? You still have a development thread you know :wink:

Thanks Zodius! I just didnt have a lot of time for modding recently and didnt feel like posting. But I'm definetly still around and keep updating all the things it might just take a little longer.

The 0.4 download includes an old version of the Firespitter plugin.

Thanks for pointing that out, just added the new version to the download.

I seem to have some problems with the 0.4 version.

1. No IVAs. They worked fine in 0.3, now they're not loading at all.
  2. If I leave a part via Crew Hatch, the game crashes and I get a bunch of NaN errors in the log.

Note: I did not copy over the outdated FireSpitter.dll from the zip since I'm using FireSpitter in the most recent version. Maybe there is a conflict.

Oh that sounds bad :S never got this bug myself, maybe there's a conflict with other mods?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.