[1.0.x] Habitat Pack v0.41

Porkjet

Hey, any chance of updating it so crews can be transfered from part to part using the stock 0.25 option? As it stands, the centrifugal part shows zero crew available while trying to enter on EVA in flight and a few others can't be crewed from the VAB. The centrifuge, at least, doesn't allow crew transfer with the new 0.25 option

Edited by juanml82

Hey, any chance of updating it so crews can be transfered from part to part using the stock 0.25 option? As it stands, the centrifugal part shows zero crew available while trying to enter on EVA in flight and a few others can't be crewed from the VAB. The centrifuge, at least, doesn't allow crew transfer with the new 0.25 option

I am able to transfer to an from the centrifuge and other parts. It cannot be spinning or retracted, but it works when it is deployed and not spinning.

I am able to transfer to an from the centrifuge and other parts. It cannot be spinning or retracted, but it works when it is deployed and not spinning.

Download the plugin and the config in this post. It will fix the problem with not being able to have inflation and rotation at the same time.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/64442-0-23-5-Habitat-Pack-v0-4?p=1448802&viewfull=1#post1448802

Download the plugin and the config in this post. It will fix the problem with not being able to have inflation and rotation at the same time.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/64442-0-23-5-Habitat-Pack-v0-4?p=1448802&viewfull=1#post1448802

Thanks! 10chars

• 2 weeks later...
What's the latest on this? This is a great stock-alike mod, I'd hate to see it too far on the back burner.

Also...

I registered this account for the singular purpose of asking this question, so I'm a fan. +1 Porkjet.

Oh, I think we'd all love to see continued development of this, plus additional parts for the now-stock Spaceplane Plus package, but since Squad seems to have sucked Porkjet inside their event horizon, never to be seen again, I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. :/

Oh, I think we'd all love to see continued development of this, plus additional parts for the now-stock Spaceplane Plus package, but since Squad seems to have sucked Porkjet inside their event horizon, never to be seen again, I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. :/

Bac9 did come back after SQUAD ate him, though.

Hey Starwaster, sorry for the redundant post, but i'm having some trouble finding a place for the tweak .cfg file, I tried placing it in the root Gamedata folder but I still had the bug. :(

I don't have a dedicated tweaks folder, so would there be any way to integrate it into the centrifuge part .cfg ?

Hey Starwaster, sorry for the redundant post, but i'm having some trouble finding a place for the tweak .cfg file, I tried placing it in the root Gamedata folder but I still had the bug. :(

I don't have a dedicated tweaks folder, so would there be any way to integrate it into the centrifuge part .cfg ?

Do you have the plugin too? The config by itself does nothing. And it can go anywhere.

Also you need modulemanager.

As to whether it can be integrated into the part file, it can be. Just look at anything that starts with a @. That modifies the part or module whose name appears in brackets.

I wish the FLAT had an IVA and that the PA550 had a 2.5m node instead of 1.25m. Other than that, I love this pack because I'm a sucker for anything with well-designed IVAs. I'd love to see more development.

we all want that but PorkJet seems to be doing mostly stuff with SP+ since 0.5 came out....

also it would be nice to see a version of the PA330 and PA550 as inflatable fuel tanks

• 4 weeks later...
Is there a version for KSP 0.25?
This should work as long as you have an up to date firespitter.dll.

Edit: ninja'd.

Love it! A few questions (sorry I am catching up)

1. I assume they can be landed for a land station and not just a space station.

2. any known major bugs with other mods or with game itself?

1. Yes though I find the ring and the larger inflatables a little unwieldy for anything but orbital use because of their size. (and the ring because of its rotation)
  2. Regarding the ring habitat, there is an animation issue that renders it uninhabitable if both rotation and inflation animations are activated. Bug affects both stock and Firespitter animator modules. See my link below. Download the plugin mentioned there and the config file. Install the plugin and put the config file anywhere in your GameData folder. Preferably in a folder that you keep for such patches or in the Habitat's folder.

Now gotta figure out how to make these thing works like workspace modules for MKS/OKS...anyone got a pointer for a noob?

They need to have the same MODULE's added that an MKS/OKS part would use to provide the same functionality that you need. Ask in the MKS mod what you need added. Don't edit part files directly, make a module manager patch to do it.

(i.e.)

@PART[inflato1]
{
MODULE
{
name = <INSERT THE NAME OF THE MKS MODULE THAT YOU NEED)
whatever else the module needs.
}
}

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.