[1.0.x] Habitat Pack v0.41

Porkjet

Does this interact well with TAC Life Support?

Copy and paste the following into a cfg file. This adds 1 day of life support for a fully filled module.

@PART[centrifuge1]
{
MODULE
{
name = LifeSupportModule
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Food
amount = 4
maxAmount = 4
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Water
amount = 4
maxAmount = 4
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Oxygen
amount = 4
maxAmount = 4
}
RESOURCE
{
name = CarbonDioxide
amount = 0
maxAmount = 4
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Waste
amount = 0
maxAmount = 4
}
RESOURCE
{
name = WasteWater
amount = 0
maxAmount = 4
}
}

@PART[inflato1]
{
MODULE
{
name = LifeSupportModule
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Food
amount = 6
maxAmount = 6
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Water
amount = 6
maxAmount = 6
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Oxygen
amount = 6
maxAmount = 6
}
RESOURCE
{
name = CarbonDioxide
amount = 0
maxAmount = 6
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Waste
amount = 0
maxAmount = 6
}
RESOURCE
{
name = WasteWater
amount = 0
maxAmount = 6
}
}

@PART[orbitalorb]
{
MODULE
{
name = LifeSupportModule
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Food
amount = 2
maxAmount = 2
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Water
amount = 2
maxAmount = 2
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Oxygen
amount = 2
maxAmount = 2
}
RESOURCE
{
name = CarbonDioxide
amount = 0
maxAmount = 2
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Waste
amount = 0
maxAmount = 2
}
RESOURCE
{
name = WasteWater
amount = 0
maxAmount = 2
}
}

Copy and paste the following into a cfg file. This adds 1 day of life support for a fully filled module.

@PART[centrifuge1]
{
MODULE
{
name = LifeSupportModule
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Food
amount = 4
maxAmount = 4
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Water
amount = 4
maxAmount = 4
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Oxygen
amount = 4
maxAmount = 4
}
RESOURCE
{
name = CarbonDioxide
amount = 0
maxAmount = 4
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Waste
amount = 0
maxAmount = 4
}
RESOURCE
{
name = WasteWater
amount = 0
maxAmount = 4
}
}

@PART[inflato1]
{
MODULE
{
name = LifeSupportModule
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Food
amount = 6
maxAmount = 6
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Water
amount = 6
maxAmount = 6
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Oxygen
amount = 6
maxAmount = 6
}
RESOURCE
{
name = CarbonDioxide
amount = 0
maxAmount = 6
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Waste
amount = 0
maxAmount = 6
}
RESOURCE
{
name = WasteWater
amount = 0
maxAmount = 6
}
}

@PART[orbitalorb]
{
MODULE
{
name = LifeSupportModule
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Food
amount = 2
maxAmount = 2
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Water
amount = 2
maxAmount = 2
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Oxygen
amount = 2
maxAmount = 2
}
RESOURCE
{
name = CarbonDioxide
amount = 0
maxAmount = 2
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Waste
amount = 0
maxAmount = 2
}
RESOURCE
{
name = WasteWater
amount = 0
maxAmount = 2
}
}

I liked the idea of having more available life support storage than they actually start with (so, say they launch with 4/400 food) and then once inflated you can fly a supply mission. That was fun for me, anyway. :)

:wink:

I really like the release too. Had a lot of fun with inflatable bases. Now all we need is some actual use for lots of kerbals in space

I think there was a mod in development that was supposed to add minimum required space to long-duration missions...

I think there was a mod in development that was supposed to add minimum required space to long-duration missions...

You could do something similar to TAC -- define a custom "Sanity" resource, start each crew capable model with n-sanity, and tick down the resource until it hits zero. Larger modules hold more sanity, enabling longer missions. Replenish sanity on distant bases with care packages.

So does the spinning force have any effect in the IVA? I mean.. can these kerbals walk inside these? How cool would that be..

no effect although it would be awesome to have like Frizzank's floating sandwich in the IVA which hits the ground when it rotates and float when it isn't.

You could do something similar to TAC -- define a custom "Sanity" resource, start each crew capable model with n-sanity, and tick down the resource until it hits zero. Larger modules hold more sanity, enabling longer missions. Replenish sanity on distant bases with care packages.

I like this idea a lot. It doesn't sound too hard, and would give me a reason to use the Wetworks ranks as well.

I would like a larger version of the centrifuge with a 2.5m or even a 3.75m base. It wont fit in the KW fairings anymore but right now it just seems so ... fragile.

Afaik there is a way to do this with a simple .cfg edit, but i think its more than just changing the rescale-factor, isn't it?

I would like a larger version of the centrifuge with a 2.5m or even a 3.75m base. It wont fit in the KW fairings anymore but right now it just seems so ... fragile.

Afaik there is a way to do this with a simple .cfg edit, but i think its more than just changing the rescale-factor, isn't it?

Nah, it really is as simple as that. Just set the rescale factor to 2 for a 2.5m part or 3 for 3.75m. Do note that the door and ladder will scale with the model, so those will look a tad on the big side. Other than that you might want to up the crew capacity and mass a bit.

Very nice parts, looking forward to the larger centrifuge too! Here are some bugs (besides the documented rotation/inflation issue):

- is it just me, or when you EVA a Kerbal over into the inflated centrifuge, it is impossible to start the rotation afterwards? (I did not try to EVA into an already rotating centrifuge :D)

- there is a weird transparency issue inside the centrifuge where the edges of the "dark net-structure" show the outside world - see pic below

Habitat_screenshot1.png

Congrats for the official release!! I've been using the dev version for a while, and it's really wonderful. As Czo said, if you're going to expand it, you'll be a hero for us KSP players.

Just a little question, has something changed from the last dev version? And downloading and substituting the old one with this would cause some compatibility issue?

http://i.imgur.com/wCRHCyZs.jpg

this screen... i cant watch anything like this from IVA... none of 4 kerbals can stretch their necks to actually see this hatch... or am i doing something wrong?

I have placed several double-clickable camera transforms throughout the centrifuge, theres one roughly every 1/8th of the ring. You can 'walk around' the whole interior with these.

Very nice parts, looking forward to the larger centrifuge too! Here are some bugs (besides the documented rotation/inflation issue):

- is it just me, or when you EVA a Kerbal over into the inflated centrifuge, it is impossible to start the rotation afterwards? (I did not try to EVA into an already rotating centrifuge :D)

- there is a weird transparency issue inside the centrifuge where the edges of the "dark net-structure" show the outside world - see pic below

http://ster.kuleuven.be/~peterp/KSP/Habitat_screenshot1.png

1) Was the kerbal the only pilot of your ship? Because you need control over the ship to start the rotation.

2) Yes! I noticed this too. I think it started to happen with .23. All things with the alpha cutoff shader darken and in space become black. I guess i'll have to leave it to squad to fix this. I'll try if the other transparent shaders are better tho.

Congrats for the official release!! I've been using the dev version for a while, and it's really wonderful. As Czo said, if you're going to expand it, you'll be a hero for us KSP players.

Just a little question, has something changed from the last dev version? And downloading and substituting the old one with this would cause some compatibility issue?

If your version already has the folder named "porkworks" then there should be no problems. I've only changed tech tree position recently, that's probably not a problem. If you have a very old version where the mod folder is named 'PJ Hab Module", updating will delete your ships, so evacuate your kerbals.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.