[1.0.x] Habitat Pack v0.41

Porkjet

14 hours ago, StevieC said:

for some reason in 1.0.5 the centrifuge always shows as being deployed, and you can't start with it stowed. Anyone know a remedy for this?

Looks like I need to further update my instructions on the previous page. (assuming of course that you looked at them ;) )

I forgot that .41 was actually packaging LayeredAnimators which is both obsolete (in KSP 1.0.5) but might also be broken because it extends the stock animator and adds a 'layer' field to it. It's broken because KSP animators now have the layer field stock. It's probably throwing an exception in there.

I'll post an actual working fix for it sometime today. (which basically means going back to using ModuleAnimateGeneric, if you want to try fixing it on your end yourself. It already has the layer field in the module)

Edited by Starwaster

I actually did omit LayeredAnimations when installing the habitat-pack. Ahh, yeah, the centrifuge was still making a call to layered animations instead of ModuleAnimateGeneric. All the other parts had been switched to use ModuleAnimateGeneric, but not the centrifuge.

Edited by StevieC

1 hour ago, StevieC said:

I actually did omit LayeredAnimations when installing the habitat-pack. Ahh, yeah, the centrifuge was still making a call to layered animations instead of ModuleAnimateGeneric. All the other parts had been switched to use ModuleAnimateGeneric, but not the centrifuge.

I've tested a preliminary patch and it DOES work but the rotation animation is wretchedly fast. Vomit inducing fast in fact. So as soon as I figure out a proper animation speed to patch in there I'll post something. (might not be until later as I do have thing I have to be doing today.

Edit: OKAY. Apparently the animation speed thing is ONLY an issue if you set the centrifuge spinning in the VAB! And then launch it when spinning. Animation speed then jumps from 1 to 80

(!!!!!)

so.... don't do that :P

Here's the patch to fix the centrifuge: Everyone should download this if they want to use this pack with 1.0.5

Oh, and if you DO have Layered Animators installed in KSP 1.0.5, you can go ahead and delete the LayeredAnimations folder. Totally unnecessary. Probably isn't hurting anything but not needed.

@PART[centrifuge1]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleLayeredAnimator],0
	{
		@name = ModuleAnimateGeneric
	}
	@MODULE[ModuleLayeredAnimator],1
	{
		@name = ModuleAnimateGeneric
	}
}

Edited by Starwaster

2 hours ago, CommanderShepherd said:

Whenever I start up the game it tells me that ksp 1.0.5 is incompatible with the firespitter mod, and i'm pretty sure its making the game crash when i do things like try to recover a vessel. Is anyone else having this problem? I feel like I'm just missing something silly but its really bugging me.

Your problem is probably unrelated. The message is triggered by Firespitter itself after a simple version check.  If you run a lot of mods then low memory is the most likely culprit.

then again: this thread isn't the place to go for firespitter or general support...

On February 4, 2016 at 8:32 AM, Likasombodee said:

Does anyone have a patch for CTT ?

I'm shocked that no one had made one yet, so here you go:

Spoiler

//Small Centrifuge
@PART[centrifuge1]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
	@TechRequired = longTermHabitation
}

//Inflato Storage Container PA550
@PART[inflato1]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
	@TechRequired = longTermHabitation
}

//Inflato Storage Container PA330
@PART[inflato2]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
	@TechRequired = shortTermHabitation
}

//Inflato Storage Container F.L.A.T
@PART[inflatoFlat]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
}

// Low Profile Base Mount
@PART[BaseMount]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
}

//TMA-1 Orbital Orb
@PART[orbitalorb]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
	@TechRequired = commandModules // or some other command module node
}

• 2 weeks later...

CKAN: Habitat Plugin

That's just the DLL recompiled for 1.0.5.  So to install:

• manually download and copy the files in the dropbox link on the first page of this thread.
  • remove the old DLL in GameData/HabitatPack/Plugins/Habitat.dll  (or rename it out of the way)
  • Install 'Habitat Plugin' via CKAN

It appears to be still unfinished. It's missing CLS and life support configs, and I couldn't get the centrifuge to deploy. Also, the docking ring has some quirks and missing menus.

HabitatPack screenshots

Picture 1 is unflated, 2 is inflated. 

Edited by superdavekerman
Additional information and 2 screenshots

16 hours ago, MrWalrus said:

Gryphorim didn't break the rules, he posted that on Monday the rule was not implemented until 12 hours ago.

Ah. Sorry. Should have looked.

On 4/7/2016 at 3:34 AM, Starwaster said:

If the centrifuge doesn't deploy then you need to follow instructions in this post:

I meant to post this sooner, but forgot. I tried this patch a while back and it didn't work for me.

Anyway, this is what got it to work in the end (I wouldn't have know where to look without your direction) ; it's not a patch, just editing the config directly:

MODULE
{
	name = ModuleAnimateGeneric
	layer = 0
	animationName = deploy
	startEventGUIName = Deploy
	endEventGUIName = Retract
}

MODULE
{
	name = ModuleAnimateGeneric
	layer = 1
	animationName = rotation
	startEventGUIName = Spin
	endEventGUIName = Reverse
}

You're right about the animation in the VAB being super fast, but normal in space. Unfortunately, there seems to be no "off" button - only reverse.

Cheers.

54 minutes ago, Cocean said:

I like this mod, but i have ksp 0.25. Do you have a version for this ksp?

I doubt it, since it's been so long since that version was supported.

1 hour ago, Andem said:

I doubt it, since it's been so long since that version was supported.

True. @Porkjet is currently working on a replacement for it called living space.

https://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/3nei2n/livingspace_upcoming_habitat_part_mod/?

^^^

Epic pics. He says that it'll be coming out after 1.1. So psyched for the new Centrifuges and the small inflatable habs. 

@Cocean: I'd really recommend you update to 1.1 when it comes out. Get with the times ;)

On 4/11/2016 at 1:22 AM, MARINEav8r said:

It's cool that NASA has just launched one of these to the ISS for testing.

Well SpaceX actually launched it on their Falcon 9 and Bigelow Aerospace are the ones who have made the Habitat but yes NASA were involved. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.