[1.0.x] Habitat Pack v0.41

Porkjet

5 hours ago, Whovian41110 said:

Why is it none of the parts except the centrifuge and orb have crew capacity?

You need to inflate them first. They don't have crew capacity when they are stowed. Sometimes you need to switch vessels in order to prod KSP into re-checking crew capacity once you've done that.

I seem to recall that an older version of this pack had an incomplete IVA for this guy:

C9qaWna.jpg

Does anyone have a copy of that? I'm trying to refurbish this pack, and it would be easier to start with a rough IVA model than to make a new one from scratch

3 hours ago, Tokamak said:

I seem to recall that an older version of this pack had an incomplete IVA for this guy:

Does anyone have a copy of that? I'm trying to refurbish this pack, and it would be easier to start with a rough IVA model than to make a new one from scratch

No. It never shipped with an IVA

6 hours ago, Tokamak said:

Yeah, but that's been "coming soon" for almost a year. And I'm enjoying learning to make IVAs. I actually PMed with Porkjet, and he said I should go for it. :)

Oh yeah? Do you maybe feel like giving some IVA love to these guys?

TvOSO1W.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have found the problems with the centrifuge, and they're pretty easy to fix (I have the tools to manipulate mu files directly). Also, so long as you update Firespitter, this mod seems to work well. I guess the habitats plugin unbroke with the 1.2 update (broke with the 1.1 update).

I have succeeded in fixing the centrifuge. Fized Centrifuge Model

Extract the habitats zip as per normal, replace FireSpitter (optional? probably best anyway), then extract the above zip in GameData/HabitatPack/Parts/centrifuge1 such that it overwrites model.mu.

Log spam is gone, and the torus collider works properly. You can't stop it spinning once it starts, but that's a bug in LayeredAnimations (may have been fixed since, so might be worth checking for updates to that mod).

[edit] Oh, and for the morbidly curious: how I fixed it (GPLv2)

Edited by taniwha

4 minutes ago, taniwha said:

I have succeeded in fixing the centrifuge. Fized Centrifuge Model

Extract the habitats zip as per normal, replace FireSpitter (optional? probably best anyway), then extract the above zip in GameData/HabitatPack/Parts/centrifuge1 such that it overwrites model.mu.

Log spam is gone, and the torus collider works properly. You can't stop it spinning once it starts, but that's a bug in LayeredAnimations (may have been fixed since, so might be worth checking for updates to that mod).

[edit] Oh, and for the morbidly curious: how I fixed it (GPLv2)

Thank you so much! You're legendary. I'm sure Tokamak will add the fixed centrifuge into his Tokamak Industries mod.

2 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

what about LayeredAnimations? We still need that? I recall Starwaster or NathanKell or someone pushing recent versions of that for v1.1.x

You'll find a MM config somewhere in this thread that allows you to use the Centrifuge without LayeredAnimations. It looks like this:

// This gets pasted into centrifuge1.cfg
@PART[centrifuge1]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleAnimateGeneric],0
	{
		%layer = 0
	}
	@MODULE[ModuleAnimateGeneric],1
	{
		%layer = 1
	}
}

The only thing is that there's no "stop spin" command available.

...yet...?

Edited by Kerbart
Found the MM config

10 hours ago, Tokamak said:

I've got it working such that it can inflate and deflate, which also stops the spin. 

Amazing!

Do you mean that for you, deflating stops the spinning, or do you mean that you've managed to set it up in such a way that it stops spinning when you deflate?

Also, I noticed that the interior doesn't spin in Porkjet's Centrifuge (when the interior overlay is on). Which makes perfectly sense as there was no such thing as interior overlay when he created it... but something else you want to to add to your test list, if you didn't come up with it yet (but I'm sure you did).

2 minutes ago, Gryphorim said:

What is the current status of the update Porkjet is/was working on? Since leaving KSP dev, does that mean mods as well?

I don't think it's overly pessimistic to not expect Porkjet to finish the successor of this mod, but @Tokamak is doing wonderful work with the existing parts.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.