Fuel hoses?

I've messed up and stranded three Kerbals on Duna with too little fuel to reach orbit, I'm ashamed, but I'm also sure I'm not the first one to do this.

I have two options to get them back, land another lander close by with enough fuel to get back home or make ridiculously complex rover that can couple with the coupler in the nose so I can transfer fuel.

So I was wondering if it would be possible to come up with a way to introduce a simple fuel hose?

That way I can land a big fuel tank on wheels on Duna, drive it within a certain range and "fuel up" my stranded lander.

Not sure if a fuel hose would be interesting besides using it on rescue missions (fuel station on the Mun for a ferry bus?) but it does seem silly that there isn't something that simple available in a space program.

So far the option is to use KAS. Pack a container with some fuel struts in a ship and land it right to the one you have without fuel, then take the struts from the container and place one on each ship, link the struts and it's done! you can now transfer fuel :)

This is a great idea. The part could Just be a wheel with the hole wrapped around it. All the kerbal would have to do is pull the hose over to the ship and plug it in.

This, with particle and spring physics used to render the hose. Could even use it to refuel adjacent ships in orbit. Of course you would need some kind of receptacle to stick the hose onto, but that could be made part of the docking ports, as well as having a separate part of its own.

This is a great idea. The part could Just be a wheel with the hose wrapped around it. All the kerbal would have to do is pull the hose over to the ship and plug it in.

Combine the hose and the receiving port. The Receiving port could be in the center of the wheel. So it's just 1 new part that would need to be on any ship/station you want this functionality on. The regular Alt+right click would probably be used after that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.