Modded KMP server!

KvickFlygarn87

Career or sandbox  

1. 1. Career or sandbox

• Career
    • Sandbox

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

I'm setting up the servers now. I'd like to hazard a guess that it will be ready to be played on within 48 hours, but it's 99.9% chance that it'll be less. If you have any suggestions for mods, feel free to leave them any time, even when the servers are up!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm already looking forward to this server!

May I suggest KW rocketry for this server, simply because the 3.75m parts from interstellar are pretty much useless without 3.75m rockets. Another mod I'd like would ferram aerospace research, but I'm not sure wether it's compatible with KMP. Also the PvP server should probably have the new skillful weapons mod by InfiniteDice, because it provides a nice damage model for combat.

Well, my opinion, for what its worth...

KW Rocketry is a must imo

Extraplanetary Launchpads and KAS might be a bit buggy for a server

B9 might be too much hassle in .23

Procedural Fairings ... not a fan myself, but thats pretty subjective

Kerbal Engineer and MJ, I think one or the other personally, just not both.

Protractor would be nice, deadly re-entry might be another thing to consider.

Though you may just want to wait for .24, thats kind of what I'm waiting for right now.

Great list, I'll probably change B9 for KWR. As for EPLP, it works fine now. I see no reason for KAS to be buggy. And the KER/MJ thing, I will have MJ because there are people with severe lack of knowledge, although I may lose it on the war server (to keep the difficulty even). I also have KER because it provides WAY more info.

As for the servers, I may have forgotten the password. I'll run the Linux setup as it will let me recover the password.

Edited by KvickFlygarn87

Could me and my friend help you manage the mods list/ play on your server once it is up? we have been looking for a war server for quite some time now...

Also could you add Magic smoke industrys? or infernal robotics? also lazor systems and pirated weaponry so we have more fun missiles.. you could change the mod list so the nukes in PW cant be put on a craft... KW rocketry and Prosedrial fairings would be GREAT!:)

In regards to all the mod changes, I must say that I run a personal server for myself and my significant other, and it has KAS and works fine (fine means "as fine as KMP will allow", every time we try to rendezvous with each other his crafts teleport several kilometres away from mine). And, for the 3.75 meter parts, I'd never use those. I don't know what other kinds of parts that mod adds at 3.75 meters, but most part mods only add propulsion stuff at that scale, and a metric buttload of propulsion isn't always very interesting. If it adds crew compartments and stuff, that would be better.

Could me and my friend help you manage the mods list/ play on your server once it is up? we have been looking for a war server for quite some time now...

Also could you add Magic smoke industrys? or infernal robotics? also lazor systems and pirated weaponry so we have more fun missiles.. you could change the mod list so the nukes in PW cant be put on a craft... KW rocketry and Prosedrial fairings would be GREAT!:)

I haven't heard of Pirated weaponry. Could you link? I'm on a sloooow connection right now. KWR and Procedural Fairings will be had.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.