What's with all the non-spaceport mods?

Teiwaz

It seems that lately it has become alarmingly fashionable to put mods up in the forums, downloadable form skeezy, popup-ridden download services, rather than just having them up on Kerbal Spaceport. Does anyone have any idea why this is? Does spaceport have issues I'm not aware of? It drives me crazy having to run around to ten different places and crawl through 50-page form threads to grab the mods I want after every update.

Spaceport is terrible for showcasing your mods, terrible for finding new mods, is filled with terrible craft files, has a habit of corrupting uploads, has a habit of breaking connection on larger downloads, has dodgy legal terms, and is a buggy mess for uploading and updating.

Spaceport is terrible for showcasing your mods, terrible for finding new mods, is filled with terrible craft files, has a habit of corrupting uploads, has a habit of breaking connection on larger downloads, has dodgy legal terms, and is a buggy mess for uploading and updating.

This is why I don't host my mod on Spaceport.

Damn ye Hoojiwana, there's nothing left for anybody else to say! It... it... ah... it smells bad!

No really, SpacePort is just bad, the people who manage to figure out the secret ritual to getting things onto spaceport at all are rewarded with having to suffer through the mentioned problems but also pages that frequently give bad feedback about if something's worked at all and what you need to change to make it work; and then the downloads sometimes take upwards of a day to actually update, meaning for a day after you update your mod there, users are still downloading the old version; and then complaining to you about it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.