[1.2] TweakableEverything 1.16-beta - For all your part tweaking needs

toadicus

Randyre, no there is not. Many of the tweaks I've added are intentionally "editor only" tweaks, because they are things that I image would be resolved in the design and construction of the craft, and would not be readily alterable on a ship in flight. If you'd like to refute my opinion, go right ahead. :)

I'd like to offer this as refutation - with 0.90 and the introduction of Engineer class kerbals, is it possible to limit such in-flight tweaking to those? Similar to how only those can mend wheels or fix solar panels etc in stock, or display KER info for.. KER... have a kerbal on EVA be able to tweak reaction wheel strength or decrease docking port decoupling strength or whatever.

cat-the-cat, can you get me a log to look at?

Windows: \path\to\KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt; Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log; Mac: ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log

Oh I was looking at your adaptive docking node thread and the problem was addressed there. Seems to be just on those non-androgynous docking ports that go from -1 to -3.40282347E+38. I guess I won't use those ports until they are fixed.

As the only plugin developer behind AdaptiveDockingNode (used for the NADPs) and TweakableEverything, I can confidently tell you that a problem I can't duplicate will never be fixed. I'm happy to help, really, but I can't do so without a little more information.

If you can get me a log, or if you can offer complete steps to duplicate (including a full list of all the mods you have installed, the version of KSP you're using, and the platform including bit-width that you're playing on), I'll take a look straight away.

Edited by toadicus
Removed an extraneous article.

I'm having trouble with my save and I think TweakableEverything is to blame. Basically, if I try and return to a vessel on its way to Moho, I get a Hell Kraken (black screen etc) with this as the first error in the log:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at ToadicusTools.Tools.getFirstModuleOfType[ModuleSAS] (.Part part) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ToadicusTools.Tools.tryGetFirstModuleOfType[ModuleSAS] (.Part part, .ModuleSAS& module) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TweakableEverything.ModuleTweakableSAS.OnAwake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartModule.Awake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
UnityEngine.GameObject:SetActive(Boolean)
ProtoPartSnapshot:Load(Vessel, Boolean)
ProtoVessel:LoadObjects()
Vessel:Load()
Vessel:MakeActive()
FlightGlobals:setActiveVessel(Vessel, Boolean)
FlightGlobals:SetActiveVessel(Vessel)
FlightDriver:Start()

Here's the full output log if you want it (I tried to make a spaceplane, then gave up, then loaded up the problem vessel (Mohocan)). Plz help, I don't know what to do :/

EDIT: Also, get some coffee.

ObsessedWithKSP, will you try the latest ToadicusTools version from KerbalStuff, or confirm to me that you're using it already (perhaps via CKAN download)? I added a bit of extra null protection in the last revision that will probably protect against what you're seeing. It might cause things to operate funny, though, because by the time this is running all of the parts should really have their .Modules fields properly assigned. I'm pretty sure this is a symptom of a whole bunch of mods resulting in load times long enough that KSP or Unity starts to do things out of order.

If that does stop the exceptions, but leaves things operating strangely, please let me know; there might be some re-ordering I can do to help that as well.

*EDIT*

Also, thanks again! :D

Edited by toadicus
Properly thanked OWKSP.

ObsessedWithKSP, will you try the latest ToadicusTools version from KerbalStuff, or confirm to me that you're using it already (perhaps via CKAN download)?

Well, the one I had was apparently installed on the 4th January so I'm guessing it's pretty recent, seeing as the KS download is from the 5th (I don't trust CKAN to do the job properly right now).. All the same, trying it now..

OK, loaded up and Mohocan has disappeared. Sigh.. Let's see what KAC can offer me... Huzzah! That worked! Mohocan lives! *alt-tab to check* yep still there! Thanks for the pointer! :D

LostOblivion, I looked into the procedural fairings incompatibilities and, after some searching, tracked it down to this line in ProceduralFairings:

mj.jettisonName=null;

e-dog is clobbering the jettisonName string to null when removing the engine fairings... which I'm pretty sure is superfluous, but either way, I have been keying a few things based on jettionName. So, I've added null protections against jettisonName to ModuleTweakableJettison, and both the poofing and the exception messages go away.

Also, I followed your steps for the older procedural fairings incompatibility and nothing bad happened. I've made a few tweaks here and there since you reported it... maybe I fixed it accidentally?

If you could, please try the updated ToadicusTools from my link to OWKSP above, and this development version of TweakableEngineFairings, and let me know if the problem goes away.

Do note, because of the way ProceduralFairings does its thing, I can't turn back on fairings that it disables.

Glad it worked, ObsessedWithKSP! Good luck canning Moho. :)

Glad it worked, ObsessedWithKSP! Good luck canning Moho. :)

Mohocan sadly didn't make it because , as seems to be the norm, the insertion burn was on the night side and I ran out of EC and I had too low TWR anyway so the Last Of The Mohocan's crashed and burned, but I have high hopes for Sugar Coated Dunat :D Thanks again and I wish I could rep you more.. stay awesome :)

hey guys!

have two bugs (or features :>) and cant find a fix:

1. when putting a new item, for example a reaction wheel, on my ship, tweakableeverything shows me the value "0" or "-1".

2. when reverting from flight to vab or reloading a ship in vab, all tweakableeverything values are reseted.

is there a solution?

Rumchiller, if you can get me a debug log (Windows: \path\to\KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt; Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log; Mac: ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log) I'll take a look and see what's up. It's almost certainly a mod incompatibility or installation problem.

rumchiller, first off: I'd recommend against using that upload site in the future. I've got an adblocker going, and there were still so many fake download buttons that it took me like 5 tries to find the one that actually downloaded your file. The rest redirected to phishing sites or downloaded executable files deceptively named like your file (e.g. output_log.txt.exe, which on most Windows installations would just look like output_log.txt).

The log that I was finally able to download, though, stops during the spacecenter load; it doesn't get as far as the editor or flight modes. Maybe the upload site truncated it, or maybe you quit the game before going to the editor? If you can get me the whole log I'll try again. :)

Good to hear, LostOblivion! I'll get a maintenance release out soon. I was hoping to have the skill-based in-flight engineering stuff ready before the next release, but I've got enough outstanding dev at this point that I'm not sure it's worth continuing to wait.

I'm having issues with Module TweakableReactionWheel - all probe cores have their torque values set to zero upon launch and vessel load. I've tried editing the persistence file to fix individual craft, but to no avail. Anyone else had this issue?

Rumchiller and hjrrockies, please try the latest version of ToadicusTools from KerbalStuff and see if it solves your problem. I'll try to repackage things and get a proper fix out soon.

praise the suuun, I put some logic in a while ago to make that configurable, but at second glance I think it's wrong. I'll fix it before too long. In the meantime, if you're going to recompile the plugin to accomplish this yourself, take a look at lines 202-208 in ModuleTweakableDockingNode.cs:

Tools.InitializeTweakable<ModuleTweakableDockingNode>(
(UI_FloatRange)this.Fields["acquireForce"].uiControlCurrent(),
ref this.acquireForce,
ref this.dockingNodeModule.acquireForce,
prefabModule.acquireForce
);

You can add multipliers to the method call, thus:

Tools.InitializeTweakable<ModuleTweakableDockingNode>(
(UI_FloatRange)this.Fields["acquireForce"].uiControlCurrent(),
ref this.acquireForce,
ref this.dockingNodeModule.acquireForce,
prefabModule.acquireForce[B],
0, // This number reflects the multiplier on the prescribed value used to determine the lower bound on the tweakable. Cannot be less than 0.
200 // This number reflects the multiplier on the prescribed value used to determine the upper bound on the tweakable. Cannot be less than lowerMult.[/b]
);

Edited by toadicus

TweakableEverything has been updated to version 1.8! This version features a couple of bug fixes, the latest version of ToadicusTools, and a new module to provide action group items for fuel tanks as requested by Scott Manley.

As with many of the simpler modules, TweakableFuelPumps is entirely stand alone and may be used without any of the other modules or ToadicusTools.

CHANGELOG:

v.1.8 [2015-02-05]
* New module! TweakableFuelPumps provides Enable, Disable, and Toggle action group items for stock and predictably-stock-alike fuel tank resources.
* TweakableRCS: Fixed for proper 0.90 compatibility.
* TweakableEngineFairings: Added protection against certain Exception circumstances previously caused by interactions with ProceduralFairings.

Edited by toadicus
Added a quick notice about the standalone nature of TweakableFuelPumps, and a link to Scott's video.

TweakableEverything has been updated to version 1.8! This version features a couple of bug fixes, the latest version of ToadicusTools, and a new module to provide action group items for fuel tanks as requested by Scott Manley.

As with many of the simpler modules, TweakableFuelPumps is entirely stand alone and may be used without any of the other modules or ToadicusTools.

CHANGELOG:

v.1.8 [2015-02-05]
* New module! TweakableFuelPumps provides Enable, Disable, and Toggle action group items for stock and predictably-stock-alike fuel tank resources.
* TweakableRCS: Fixed for proper 0.90 compatibility.
* TweakableEngineFairings: Added protection against certain Exception circumstances previously caused by interactions with ProceduralFairings.

I just am installing this mod, but im puzzling about the "source" map in the zipfile?? where do i install it in? or can i just skip that map from installing??? A small install instructions could help alot! The gamedata map is not the problem...